ADVERTISEMENT

Reversed called in Georgia Texas Game

GoCocksFight2021

Jan 28, 2021
That's a terrible look for those refs. Made the defensive pass interference call on the field. The crew discussed it. They announced the call. Fans threw bottles on the field that took several minutes to clean up. Meanwhile, the refs chatted amongst each other and reversed the call. I 100% believe they looked at the video board replay to assess and use that in their reversal. I don't believe for a second that someone just remembered something they saw after the first discussion that could have been brought up in the second discussion.

Whether or not you agree that the call was correct or not, that's bullshit. A lot of PI calls and no calls are controversial. We have rules about what is reviewable and what isn't reviewable. Once you announce the call, it should be done unless it's eligible for review. Otherwise, the turds of the coaching world will encourage fans to do that, just like they use the fake injuries. Kirby probably going to get fined for his comments about it, but he is correct. Every team has to deal with bad calls that aren't reviewable. What they did last night was allow fans to protest a call that wasn't reviewable and get a reversal. Just can't be allowed. That entire crew should be suspended.

That's a terrible look for those refs. Made the defensive pass interference call on the field. The crew discussed it. They announced the call. Fans threw bottles on the field that took several minutes to clean up. Meanwhile, the refs chatted amongst each other and reversed the call. I 100% believe they looked at the video board replay to assess and use that in their reversal. I don't believe for a second that someone just remembered something they saw after the first discussion that could have been brought up in the second discussion.

Whether or not you agree that the call was correct or not, that's bullshit. A lot of PI calls and no calls are controversial. We have rules about what is reviewable and what isn't reviewable. Once you announce the call, it should be done unless it's eligible for review. Otherwise, the turds of the coaching world will encourage fans to do that, just like they use the fake injuries. Kirby probably going to get fined for his comments about it, but he is correct. Every team has to deal with bad calls that aren't reviewable. What they did last night was allow fans to protest a call that wasn't reviewable and get a reversal. Just can't be allowed. That entire crew should be suspended.
Agree 100%. Blew my mind watching that unfold last night. Never happened before to my knowledge

Indeed, from here forward when fans disagree with a call they’ll simply bombard the field with bottles and debris. We probably should’ve done it in the LSU game, but that and other bad calls this year probably made this reversal happen.

Reactions: Neanderthal
I laughed and laughed and laughed........ Usually UGA is on the good end of these SEC screw jobs. It was fun seeing them get cheated for a change.
Terrible job by those officials. It was outright cheating.

The direction the game is going, it may not be long before officials call a TO and see how social media is trending before making a call. That’s probably next after bombarding the field with trash.

No system will ever be perfect. In every sport, officiating is part of the game. There will always be questionable calls.

Reactions: PC31
I laughed and laughed and laughed........ Usually UGA is on the good end of these SEC screw jobs. It was fun seeing them get cheated for a change.
Terrible job by those officials. It was outright cheating.

Yep. Money talks. Texas will get a lot of favoritism in the SEC. Going to be interesting to see how the blue bloods deal with it.

Reactions: PC31
There is every possibility they were going to get together to discuss that call more before they set the ball for play but were sidetracked with the trash throwing onto the field.

I was glad they changed and got the call correct.

Reactions: uscwatson21
There is every possibility they were going to get together to discuss that call more before they set the ball for play but were sidetracked with the trash throwing onto the field.

I was glad they changed and got the call correct.

Not quite. The officials all got together and took plenty of time on the original call well before mayhem ensued.

Regardless of whether it was the correct call on not, their collective decision had been made and should not have been overturned since the play was not reviewable.

That was a big no-no and the officials should be under review for their actions.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT