ADVERTISEMENT

Rival Message Boards

mUSChampion

May 22, 2016
I bounce around reading a bunch of different message boards just to see what's being said.Yesterday I happen to find myself reading the enemy board on Tigernet and couldn't believe what I read.A poster brought up the football rivalry between us and Clemson and stated that we haven't had a winning record within a decade since the 1950's,hard to fathom if true.

Reactions: BigTimeTiger
Understand that any decade before Holtz got here, really is ancient histoire.

I bounce around reading a bunch of different message boards just to see what's being said.Yesterday I happen to find myself reading the enemy board on Tigernet and couldn't believe what I read.A poster brought up the football rivalry between us and Clemson and stated that we haven't had a winning record within a decade since the 1950's,hard to fathom if true.

Why is that hard to fathom? I know it's hard to accept, but Clemson has had a better football program. The wins, major bowl appearances, major bowl wins, conference championships don't lie.

Our football program didn't wake up until Holtz and McGee got here. Before that it was a Country Club for the connected in the state. Sure we had some good teams (and when we did, we dominated Clemsux) but for the most part the place was on cruise control. Kinda like the past two years LOL

Reactions: 67gamecock
Winning record within a decade of what?

Um, they must have forgotten about THIS decade, in which USC 3-2 if counting the decade in the technical sense,or 4-2 if you count in the general sense.

Reactions: BigTomE
I was correcting your original post where you said Carolina led the series 7-6 in this century. You must have deleted that.
Yeah, as indicated above, I self corrected before you responded. Thanks though for helping me acknowledge USC's winning record this decade.

Sounds like they're still looking for comfort after the 5.

1950-59 5-4-1 (Including 4 in a row from '51-'54)
1960-69 6-6
1970-79 4-6
1980-89 7-2-1
1990-99 7-3 (Thanks Brad-stard, 2-4 but I credit him with 2 more losses)
2000-10 7-3
2010-present 4-2 (Thank You Spurrier, for reelz)

And it might sound horrible at first, but it really wasn't terrible until we left the ACC when things took a nose dive. And we were practically even when we were in the ACC against common opponents at 9-10.
I just hope we can regain all the momentum Spurrier started, but I doubt we will this season.

Yeah, as indicated above, I self corrected before you responded. Thanks though for helping me acknowledge USC's winning record this decade.
I was never trying to argue it. You guys lead by a game in this decade, going by your way of counting (which I think is correct). Numbers are numbers, hard to argue them. But there's still a long way to go in this decade and it looks bright for one team and not so bright for another.

A big part of that is because of all the cheating they've done, and most likely still are doing.
I get they were caught and put on probation and rightfully deserved it, but you can't be nieve enough to think that they alone are the only ones who do it and we have neverrrrrrr cheated either? Or do you believe that?

I was never trying to argue it. You guys lead by a game in this decade, going by your way of counting (which I think is correct). Numbers are numbers, hard to argue them. But there's still a long way to go in this decade and it looks bright for one team and not so bright for another.
So which team is it looking bright for, and which team not so bright?

Well CU's best team in a long time barely beat USC's worst team in a long time, so I'll just sit back and see if CU can catch up this decade thank you very much. I'll even wish your boys good luck, since your ego apparently depends upon it.

Why is that hard to fathom? I know it's hard to accept, but Clemson has had a better football program. The wins, major bowl appearances, major bowl wins, conference championships don't lie.

No but your coaches do

giphy.gif

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT