ADVERTISEMENT

Ryan Hilinski commits.

Makes you wonder what direction we're going offensively. Dak last year, then a pro-style this year. Will we sign a dual threat QB, too?
Might as well. Throw em against the wall and see what sticks.

Glad to see he signed, but I hope he is not a pure dropback guy.

We seem like we are getting better linemen with Muschamp, but I don't think our main recruiting areas produce the same number of great offensive linemen as other positions. And I personally think recruiting big time OL out of other states is the hardest position to do that.

Just saying I don't think we can be Stanford. We have to have a guy who can extend plays, get yards on scrambles and busted plays, and yes, occasionally call his own number running the ball to keep the lb's from just playing the RB.

A couple days ago there was an article in the State where Wolford was talking about the NC game, and how the defensive lines were in the backfield all game long.

We don't have to have Lamar Jackson or even Connor Shaw, but a guy like Jacob Eason wouldn't be that good for us (or most teams in this part of the country - the DL's are too good).

Oh, well. We may have to fire Muschamp then. But if one site bumps him up to a 4, then it's all good. I can brag to other fan bases about out average star rankings.

He is 4 star on the other site, he will do very well in the elite 11, it will be interesting to watch.

We were his fifth offer and first major football program to offer, Boston College, Fresno State, Montana State and San Jose State had offered prior.

Good to see us rewarded , thanks Roper

His tape is pretty awesome, im exited about this one, 3 star or 4 star, this is my favorite tape of any QB recruit we have ever gotten for arm talent at this stage.

He wants to dedicate his career to his brother, I would not be surprised if he ends up the NFL, that kind of potential

Last edited:
he aint in yet...recruiting a player from the left coast, means crossing your fingers until signing day

There is some thought he wants to get away from the west coast, as it will help him get over what happened with his brother. Being right there it is harder to put behind him.

Reactions: rogue cock
And Dak's going to have to learn to throw like a pro-style QB, I guess?
No I don’t see Dak playing QB at USC...he doesn’t have the arm talent nor do we have the amazing stable of backs year after year to add to a dual threat attack and Dak is good but he’s no Watson or Newton. I think the future with Werner will be in Pro style guys. Bentley has two years left which will give this kid enough time to have a redshirt year and learn the playbook.

Forget the ranking.. The kid is a baller... Go look at his video... Big time arm and impressive accuracy
I saw this kid play when I was on a recent trip to California. He has great arm strength, height, ball skills and incredible accuracy. I see another 4 peat over Clemson starting in 2019-2020.

Reactions: jonesz21
We know what kind of offense Leach runs at Washington State and this kids brother was gonna be their starter so apparently its in the bloodlines. Its a good pick up

No I don’t see Dak playing QB at USC...he doesn’t have the arm talent nor do we have the amazing stable of backs year after year to add to a dual threat attack and Dak is good but he’s no Watson or Newton. I think the future with Werner will be in Pro style guys. Bentley has two years left which will give this kid enough time to have a redshirt year and learn the playbook.
So where does Dak end up in our system?

So where does Dak end up in our system?
I don't know, we're short at safety. But from Shrine bowl to Spring game he hasn't shown flashes he's the Chosen one...reminds me of Nunez and McAlwain. I sure do hope I'm wrong though and he's as hyped and as great as fans have made him out to be.

Reactions: Rod Dangerfield
???? WTF. You just like quoting people's posts...no commentary? How idiotic is that?

....or are you just trying to get this thread deleted...like you or your brethren have the other threads. Doesn't make a damned difference...he's still coming.

Reactions: Rod Dangerfield
We’re not running Werner’s system. He’s the quarterback coach. We’re running McClendon’s system, due to the fact that he’s the actual Offensive coordinator And I highly doubt we recruited Dak to play anything other than Qb.

We’re not running Werner’s system. He’s the quarterback coach. We’re running McClendon’s system, due to the fact that he’s the actual Offensive coordinator And I highly doubt we recruited Dak to play anything other than Qb.
We're actually running Roper's system...that hasn't changed. Just the pace. And Werner will have a lot of say in the design of the offense (you don't bring in a guy with that experience to not have a say, especially when you have a neophyte as an OC).

Dak is an athlete, he loves competition, and he can pretty much, as i see it, fit ANYWHERE (other than D-line or O-Line)

It's going to be interesting as it plays out. He wanted to go to Clemson but was recruited as an athlete and said he wanted to go somewhere that would play him as a QB.

We're actually running Roper's system...that hasn't changed. Just the pace. And Werner will have a lot of say in the design of the offense (you don't bring in a guy with that experience to not have a say, especially when you have a neophyte as an OC).
This exactly.

What I like is that we are getting some really good QBs. The competition alone will help whoever wins the starting job....and hopefully provide very competent backups.
So do I. Last year we had Scharnechi and who?(bad spelling)...this year we will have Scharnechi, Urich and Joyner, and next year will have this Hilinski, the depth would be terrific if they all stay.

So do I. Last year we had Scharnechi and who?(bad spelling)...this year we will have Scharnechi, Urich and Joyner, and next year will have this Hilinski, the depth would be terrific if they all stay.

On the Georgia 247 board that had more different threads about Hilinski commitment to us then FGF.

The general take was he came here because he will start his second year vs there in his 4th which may have merit to it. They know this kid can play, but he really was just additional depth vs QB of the future for us, he had a real commit able Georgia offer and was being pursued, make no mistake about it.

Reactions: lowcountry_cock13
On the Georgia 247 board that had more different threads about Hilinski commitment to us then FGF.

The general take was he came here because he will start his second year vs there in his 4th which may have merit to it. They know this kid can play, but he really was just additional depth vs QB of the future for us, he had a real commit able Georgia offer and was being pursued, make no mistake about it.
I’m fairly certain Hilinski was Georgias #1 QB target this class.

Reactions: Gradstudent
I’m fairly certain Hilinski was Georgias #1 QB target this class.
What he's saying is that Fromm has 3 more years, and Fields will either battle Fromm next year or the year after, so they are set for 4 years...they don't really need to sign a QB this year with 4 years in the books with QBs...3 years in the books with an amazing backup.

Does Georgia have a good medical school?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT