ADVERTISEMENT

Ryan Reynolds apologized for his 2012 wedding with Blake Lively at Boone Hall,

Status
Not open for further replies.
I suspect the vast majority of African Americans could care less about where Ryan Reynolds got married. Does he also realize that he got married in a state where slavery once existed or that he got married in a country where slavery once existed or that he got married in a world where slavery still exists? These people do this for one reason typically, they make an ass load of money and they do this in an attempt to insulate themselves from criticism. It’s the same routine, make a big deal about how you were so wrong to do X, give money to some foundation or group related to X or even start your own charity group. Hollywood is full of nuts whose biggest asset to the industry is that they can be controlled and manipulated.

Last edited:
I suspect the vast majority of African Americans could care less about where Ryan Reynolds got married. Does he also realize that he got married in a state where slavery once exhausted or that he got married in a country where slavery once existed or that he got married in a world where slavery still exists? These people do this for one reason typically, they make an ass load of money and they do this in an attempt to insulate themselves from criticism. It’s the same routine, make a big deal about how you were so wrong to do X, give money to some foundation or group related to X or even start your own charity group. Hollywood is full of nuts whose biggest asset to the industry is that they can be controlled and manipulated.
The term you're looking for is virtue signalling. It's the overtly PR claiming of a position that doesn't really change anything even though it looks great on the surface. It makes them look better without actually requiring anything from them. Maybe he really does feel guilty. But making a big announcement about it is just waving the attention flag screaming "I'm not as big a dickhead as I first appeared!"

He's all woke.

giphy.gif

I took my kids to the Boone Hall Plantation to do a corn maze before in 2014, Obviously in hindsight a HUGE mistake, I'm so sorry

source.gif
Wow. I just realized from growing up in Charleston. I’ve been to Boone Hall plantation, Middleton Plantation, Magnolia Plantation, Drayton Hall AND I’ve never bought one of those overpriced handmade baskets. I’m obviously a horrible person. I feel so ashamed.

Wow. I just realized from growing up in Charleston. I’ve been to Boone Hall plantation, Middleton Plantation, Magnolia Plantation, Drayton Hall AND I’ve never bought one of those overpriced handmade baskets. I’m obviously a horrible person. I feel so ashamed.
You don't care about the struggles of African Americans. How dare you sir!

Yep, me too.

Being from the Upstate, I've never been to Boone Hall Plantation. I have however seen Daniel Boone on TV, I've drank Boone's Farm, and I've been to Boone, NC to watch Georgia Southern play App State.
I also have been lost in the Boonies a few times in my life.

I feel the need to go apologize somewhere.

He's FOS and swimming the backstroke here. For Christ sake's Boone Hall Plantation still has slave quarters and Black folks dressed up in 1800 garb talking about what slave life was like to tourists. It's part of the experience there, and people pay good money to go back in time.

What did he think he was getting into there. It's a beautiful place and part of history. Nothing can be done about history except learn from it, or try to erase it like the cancel culture has adopted in this country.

He's FOS and swimming the backstroke here. For Christ sake's Boone Hall Plantation still has slave quarters and Black folks dressed up in 1800 garb talking about what slave life was like to tourists. It's part of the experience there, and people pay good money to go back in time.

What did he think he was getting into there. It's a beautiful place and part of history. Nothing can be done about history except learn from it, or try to erase it like the cancel culture has adopted in this country.

Filming Location Matching "Boone Hall Plantation - 1235 Long Point Road, Mount Pleasant, South Carolina, USA" (Sorted by Popularity Ascending)

• The Notebook (2004) ...
  • Days of Our Lives (1965– ) ...
  • North and South, Book I (1985) ...
  • North and South, Book II (1986) ...
  • Scarlett (1994) ...
  • Queen (1993) ...
  • America (1972–1973)

Reactions: Freddie.B.Cocky
The whole United States was built on slavery. Settlers came primarily for agricultural production, and then northern manufacturing was a direct outgrowth of that. Moreover, the civil war ultimately decimated the southern wealth accumulated from slavery, whereas the north was able to maintain theirs, and then grow even more due to not being decimated. Case in point, many (most?) of the plantations were bought by rich northerners after the war for hunting and whatnot. Even today, the south is statistically less segregated than the north. I really wonder if a lot of this liberal guilt isn’t just projecting their own prejudice and elitism.

I really wonder if a lot of this liberal guilt isn’t just projecting their own prejudice and elitism.

I don't think most of them feel any actual guilt. Some do, but not most. I think it is just the thing to do right now. Like when Kobe died and it seemed like everyone had to come out with a public statement about how much he meant to them. It is just a herd effect for leftists.

Filming Location Matching "Boone Hall Plantation - 1235 Long Point Road, Mount Pleasant, South Carolina, USA" (Sorted by Popularity Ascending)

• Scarlett (1994) ...
  • Queen (1993) ...
  • America (1972–1973)

I literally live 2 1/2 miles from the entrance. It is a beautiful place, where produce is grown and events are held year round. COVID 19 has cramped their style to a standstill right now. They have hosted the Charleston County Gamecock Club pre-season party in August for several years (cotton dock warehouse), the state's largest oyster roast annually, concerts, and other things.

My work truck is white. After much thoughts and prayers, i apologize to all non whites trucks out there for my sins against wokeness. Hopefully after many many many years, you can begin to forgive me.
Your truck has led a life of privilege. Let that sink in for a while.

Reactions: jeff2001
I suspect the vast majority of African Americans could care less about where Ryan Reynolds got married. Does he also realize that he got married in a state where slavery once exhausted or that he got married in a country where slavery once existed or that he got married in a world where slavery still exists? These people do this for one reason typically, they make an ass load of money and they do this in an attempt to insulate themselves from criticism. It’s the same routine, make a big deal about how you were so wrong to do X, give money to some foundation or group related to X or even start your own charity group. Hollywood is full of nuts whose biggest asset to the industry is that they can be controlled and manipulated.
Both no talent actors looking for attention. Who knew they were married there-and who cares even if they did? Maybe they should have gotten married at South of the Border instead since they're feeling so guilty. Oh wait...that would be offensive to Hispanics.

• Scarlett (1994) ...
  • Queen (1993) ...
  • America (1972–1973)

I literally live 2 1/2 miles from the entrance. It is a beautiful place, where produce is grown and events are held year round. COVID 19 has cramped their style to a standstill right now. They have hosted the Charleston County Gamecock Club pre-season party in August for several years (cotton dock warehouse), the state's largest oyster roast annually, concerts, and other things.

Same here. I live just a few miles from it. Just a beautiful place. If liberals have their way, it too will be destroyed.

Same here. I live just a few miles from it. Just a beautiful place. If liberals have their way, it too will be destroyed.

We need to have a beer! I wonder if they make masks with straws? Eyeroll

I live in a neighborhood with PLANTATION, lol...have for 26 years or so. Some 'yankee' lawyer in here started a post on our FB page about changing the name. Some sort of guilt, I suppose? That didn't go well for him. NYC is calling him home....RollLaugh

What a liar. Any idiot would have understood that a historic plantation was most likely associated with slavery. He just didn't care then and is forced to care now and apologize. Needs to schedule a meeting with Jesse Jackson like they did on South Park and prove he is really sorry.

3W3o4h.gif
Annnnd thread being locked in 3, 2....

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT