ADVERTISEMENT

Satt on Short List to be Panthers OC….

Not sold on Brady as the answer, but goodness could we be so lucky as to have someone take Satt off of our hands for us?!?

Reactions: Crazy Cock 89
Again, I may have lost this in our last exchange but how was he demoted? His history does not show any demotions with Ruhle. What am I missing?
He was OC and QB coach when Rhule hired a QB coach and shifted him to RBs, then after he was canned from his HC gig he was brought in as TE coach and then when he was next hired it was as an assistant oline coach. Rhule has kept him around but with less responsibility each time.

He was OC and QB coach when Rhule hired a QB coach and shifted him to RBs, then after he was canned from his HC gig he was brought in as TE coach and then when he was next hired it was as an assistant oline coach. Rhule has kept him around but with less responsibility each time.
That isn't even remotely the same thing as demotion.

You are characterizing the move from OC/QB to OC/RB. Do you know what happened with the RB coach? Did they need to shift position coaches? Did Ruhle make the decision or do the hiring or did he have Satterfield make the decision?

After he got fired from Tennessee Tech, are you suggesting that Ruhle should have fired his OC at Baylor and pay a buyout to make Satterfield the OC? Did Satterfield have any recruiting connections to Texas? Would this have made any sense?

After the move to Carolina do you know that Ruhle keep him around? Did Satterfield want an NFL job and follow? Do you know if he applied for any other jobs but instead wanted NFL experience and exposure to a new system? Was Satterfield out of options and given a buddy analyst job?

Your bias is overwhelming because you're not willing to consider any other options. I'm not sure that Satterfield is the right fit here but I'm also not going to color all of my analysis to fit my agenda.

Well being the assistant o-line coach is pretty low on the totem pole
Yes and no. It doesn't look that great but it depends on the responsibilities. In reality, it's just an analyst position and they stick a position group to it as part of the duties split. If someone wanted to get their foot in the NFL door it isn't such a bad thing.

It would be a red flag for me if I were hiring? Why take an analyst job in the NFL and then turn around and want to come back to college in just one year? Are you even going to stay here? How much could you learn in one year?

You are characterizing the move from OC/QB to OC/RB. Do you know what happened with the RB coach? Did they need to shift position coaches? Did Ruhle make the decision or do the hiring or did he have Satterfield make the decision?

After he got fired from Tennessee Tech, are you suggesting that Ruhle should have fired his OC at Baylor and pay a buyout to make Satterfield the OC? Did Satterfield have any recruiting connections to Texas? Would this have made any sense?

After the move to Carolina do you know that Ruhle keep him around? Did Satterfield want an NFL job and follow? Do you know if he applied for any other jobs but instead wanted NFL experience and exposure to a new system? Was Satterfield out of options and given a buddy analyst job?

Your bias is overwhelming because you're not willing to consider any other options. I'm not sure that Satterfield is the right fit here but I'm also not going to color all of my analysis to fit my agenda.
You don’t typically hire a guy for a position on your staff that already has someone in it if that person is performing well. However if you think that he was just moved because their needed to be some shifts then it shouldn’t have been an issue at Baylor to make someone else the TE coach so Satterfield could have taken his rightful spot at OC. It has nothing to do with agenda and simply looking at career path and realizing he’s simply followed Rhule around for a number of years which again isn’t exactly the sign of a guy with options.

Lmao

Reactions: Legendary Cock
If he was interested in Satterfield as a play caller he wouldn’t have kept demoting him.
True. But, there are too many on here who never do any research, so they don't know what the Hell you're talking about. And, they are the gullible ones who actually think Rhule is dumb enough to make Satterfield the OC of the Panthers.

And he wasn't the primary play caller at LSU and just got fired for sucking at his job.
The more I learn about Brady, the less I like. If we have an opening for OC, my hope would be to bring in someone who runs a balanced offense. I know that an "air raid" offense sounds and looks "sexy". However, it can also exhaust your own defense, whether you have quick scores or quick "1-2-3 outs". A balanced offense is unpredictable and drives the opposing defense crazy. That's the direction I'd prefer us to hire if/when we have an opening.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT