ADVERTISEMENT

Saw a story that says

Poultry King

Sep 15, 2008
D is holding their own w O at practice.

What does this say to you?

Yeah! D is vastly better

Uh Oh! O may not be what we hoped

Means nothing given the early practice status.

Way too early to know anything......but the D will be much better this year. The only way that will not happen is if we have a string of devastating injuries at several key spots. We can improve significantly and still not be a GOOD defense. A lot will be determined by how deep the players mindset and determination to improve runs. When things get tough...if players fold..then that will be the answer. If the players have really bought in and stand up in those moments....we have a chance to be good. That is why we play the game.

D is holding their own w O at practice.

What does this say to you?

Yeah! D is vastly better

Uh Oh! O may not be what we hoped

Means nothing given the early practice status.
Jmo, but maybe a little to early to get a true read. Let's wait a few more weeks after scrimmages, etc. Hoping it's not a bad sign for the offense. My gut tells me the defense will be much improved this year.

we hear the same talk every year about how great the off season was. Let's not worry bout it right now. Let just be nasty come game day and out physical at every position. Time to get our swagger back

Reactions: Judson1 and 92Pony
they go full pads today...the info will mean much more about a week from now...but there is solid reason for optimism

The one quote I really liked was under the radar but when TRob was asked about Jamyest Williams getting offensive snaps, he said something to the effect, does that mean he gets Shi Smith for some defensive reps.

I like when both sides wants the other units freshman, and wont give up the player, that is a very good sign about both players!

I'll reserve judgment until the season starts. Not saying I'm not hopeful though.

Last edited:
I will hazard a guess. Offense requires timing and precision. Defense requires reaction and ball skills. Hence the former will tend to improve with repetition more so than defense.

Reactions: Art__Vandelay
Let's put it this way. Bama had 2 300 yard passers at the spring game. Do you think they are down on defense? NOPE. The coaches can do what ever they want to make any one they want look better or worse. Put nothing into it

Last edited:
Reactions: vacock#
It really doesn't matter. Just like Spring practice. When you play against yourself you win and you lose. There is no way to tell how either unit will perform until they start the season and play against other competition. Only then will we know whether the O or the D is any good.

Doesn't surprise me so much. Our offense has great players at skill positions. We all knew our offensive line wasn't going to be that great. You don't go from giving up the most sacks in conference last year to a stellar unit in one offseason. We just need to keep recruiting and hope for no major injuries to start off the season.

Reactions: wolverine 2
Doesn't surprise me so much. Our offense has great players at skill positions. We all knew our offensive line wasn't going to be that great. You don't go from giving up the most sacks in conference last year to a stellar unit in one offseason. We just need to keep recruiting and hope for no major injuries to start off the season.
You never know when you have some new guys in the lineup and the other guys improved

We will know a lot more about our team around 7 pm on Saturday, September 2nd. Until that time, it's only a guessing game.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT