ADVERTISEMENT

Say what you will about the Canes hiring a guy right off the bat after the current HC

Freddie.B.Cocky

Jul 19, 2002
retires, gets retired, or whatever. But, when you get ready to fire a coach the AD had better done his homework to the point that he knows who he can hire. And that appears to have been the case the Miami's AD. My gosh, no one wants to go through what UT did last year, what a disgrace. Although, UT will bounce back in a big kind of way, their bag man is working overtime. They have one 5* signed and another one on the way.

retires, gets retired, or whatever. But, when you get ready to fire a coach the AD had better done his homework to the point that he knows who he can hire. And that appears to have been the case the Miami's AD. My gosh, no one wants to go through what UT did last year, what a disgrace. Although, UT will bounce back in a big kind of way, their bag man is working overtime. They have one 5* signed and another one on the way.

Never really like the idea that when things are not going well to fire the head coach and hire another guy currently on staff. There is nothing to lose from opening it up to outsiders.

To me Holgerson could’ve easily been had and been much more dangerous in Miami.

Hiring a guy who has never been a head coach away from Temple before he coaches a game may have won some fans in the short term but if they are about the same in 3-4 years expect both AD and coach to be fired.

To be honest I think it’s pretty desperate. Of course my opinion is no more valuable than yours.

The Miami AD went after and got his guy. Now time to win fast with that guy!

The OC hire is as important as ever for them, they need an up tempo guy to take advantage of the speed they have(run something similar to what Baylor used to run a few years ago), when they were good their offense was cutting edge, Diaz has already proven he can put together top notch defenses, get an up-tempo OC, and recruit the line of scrimmage, that was the other glaring weakness in their bowl game.

Reactions: trebormil
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT