ADVERTISEMENT

A good read about where we go after the lockdown. What changes will you make?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Impala_SS_Cock

Gold Member
Oct 9, 2001
My son sent me this. I've read it through 3-4 times already and it's made me think.

This Covid-19 stuff has certainly had its fair share of negative ramifications, but I am resigned to make something positive come out of this for my life.

I've been getting out more; working in the yard, sitting on the porch watching the birds and wildlife. Watching less news and tv shows. Spending less time in front of the computer. I've been learning to be more handy around the house; fixing things I would have previously had to pay someone to repair.

I've also decided to be a bit more dedicated to helping out my fellow man and spending more time with my friends and family once we can mingle again.

I think when we return to 'normal' it will be a new normal, and for me, I'm actually ok with that. I'm hopeful that I'm not the only one who has learned a very important less from all of this.

Here's the link. Warning: There is some bad language in this piece. Just a heads up for those who are offended by that.

https://forge.medium.com/prepare-for-the-ultimate-gaslighting-6a8ce3f0a0e0

This paragraph from the piece hit home to me:

"From one citizen to another, I beg of you: take a deep breath, ignore the deafening noise, and think deeply about what you want to put back into your life. This is our chance to define a new version of normal, a rare and truly sacred (yes, sacred) opportunity to get rid of the bullshit and to only bring back what works for us, what makes our lives richer, what makes our kids happier, what makes us truly proud. We get to Marie Kondo the shit out of it all. We care deeply about one another. That is clear. That can be seen in every supportive Facebook post, in every meal dropped off for a neighbor, in every Zoom birthday party. We are a good people. And as a good people, we want to define — on our own terms — what this country looks like in five, 10, 50 years. This is our chance to do that, the biggest one we have ever gotten. And the best one we’ll ever get."

So what changes would you like to see happen? What changes will you make in your life?

Please keep your responses non-political. I'm not interested in this thread becoming mired in partisan bickering.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News