ADVERTISEMENT

Washington Post feature on Kim Mulkey is out- and a terrific read

The timing was fine. Nothing strange or wrong with it. Entirely appropriate.

Reporters, newspapers, media should never be concerned about are worried about the timing from the point of view of a coach. That's entirely irrelevant. That should never be taken into account.

Release the story when it's finished and when it's most timely. The NCAA tournament is perfect.

Of course it wasn't a hit piece as most everyone now realizes and is saying. Good for them. I'm glad to see the acknowledgement of what is obvious.

Mulkey is a strange person- holds grudges- and some gay players have said she holds it against them personally. That's newsworthy.

It's also newsworthy that another gay player, quoted in the article, says it's not true.

Nothing "woke" about it- although I do love what passes as "woke" to whiners and snowflakes these days.

Labeling everything as "woke" (what a tired term at this point used by morons) is just an attempt by the brainless to whine about something they don't like. You play that role with Oscar worthy effort. LOL

"Basketball Twitter Is Baffled By The Washington Post Kim Mulkey Hit Piece, Which Turned Out Not To Be A Hit Piece At All"

Like I said, I wouldn't expect you to understand. Liberals have no sense of what is right and decent. If someone doesn't fall into your WOKE stupidity, anything done to them is fair game and morons like you will gobble it up and spread it far and wide. The fact that you posted it here is proof of that.

And the "another gay player says it's not true" is another liberal trick. Why even report it then? Because that's how your shitty side operates. You throw out accusations just stain someone, but try to cover your ass with a disclaimer that some else said it wasn't true. But you've already opened the door, and the mindless idiots on the left froth at the mouth over even the accusation, and that's enough to convict her of any sin printed, proof be damned.

WOKE and stupid. Writers like this feed on the gullible and the stupid. That's TWO Oscars for you.

Now some right wing nut extremists are whining about LSU leaving the floor before the national anthem last night.

Can't please the snowflakes.

Last edited:
Like I said, I wouldn't expect you to understand. Liberals have no sense of what is right and decent. If someone doesn't fall into your WOKE stupidity, anything done to them is fair game and morons like you will gobble it up and spread it far and wide. The fact that you posted it here is proof of that.

And the "another gay player says it's not true" is another liberal trick. Why even report it then? Because that's how your shitty side operates. You throw out accusations just stain someone, but try to cover your ass with a disclaimer that some else said it wasn't true. But you've already opened the door, and the mindless idiots on the left froth at the mouth over even the accusation, and that's enough to convict her of any sin printed, proof be damned.

WOKE and stupid. Writers like this feed on the gullible and the stupid. That's TWO Oscars for you.
LOL

LOL

Now I see who thinks for you. Not flattering.

I read it for myself. It's a hit piece timed to be a distraction. Mostly negative with a few crumbs of half-hearted positives just so they can pass it off as "journalism" to their idiot minions.
It's not a hit piece except to the most sensitive

even LSU friendly media admit it isn't

Washington Post profile of Mulkey far from a “hit piece”

"Babb’s piece is well written, informative"

"Washington Post reporter Kent Babb’s hotly anticipated profile was full of standard, thorough reporting — hardly the ‘hit piece’ Mulkey had described"

you clearly don't know how an article like this works. He most likely started working on this article over a year ago and had it 98% written 3-4 months ago.
The article was edited just a few days before being published, so you have no idea what the original looked like.

Even as is, the story is not flattering. Overwhelmingly negative.

No coach would want something like this published about them. 100% a hit piece, regardless of how many idiots allow someone else to tell them it isn't.

The article was edited just a few days before being published, so you have no idea what the original looked like.

it would be quite a feat to not edit the story up until publication given they gave her a chance to respond up until right before publication.

But, I just emailed a reporter I know that would know how these stories are handled. We aren't friends. But I correspond with him ever so often about things and he does typically respond. I'll post what he says when I get his reply.

Even as is, the story is not flattering. Overwhelmingly negative.

No coach would want something like this published about them. 100% a hit piece, regardless of how many idiots allow someone else to tell them it isn't.

Reporters can write about coaches/players, etc and other figures with an honest assessment and approach. That doesn't mean it's a hit piece.

If a reporter writes a story about a politician you don't like and paints a similar picture, I doubt you complaining that it's a hit piece. It's likely you are saying the reporter simply wrote about the politician.

Saying someone holds grudges and explaining it by using evidence from her own father and sister- but also explaining how much they love her isn't evidence of a hit piece.

Saying she's one of the best coaches ever in the women's game regardless of her style is not evidence of a hit piece.

Quoting former players who have an issue with her style and personality and then balancing that out in the same article by quoting players that say she's the opposite is not evidence of a hit piece.

if Kent Babb wanted to write a hit piece. there would be no reason for him to include quotes from players defending her. They'd be no reason to include information about how much her college coach valued her. There'd be no reason to include the info about how much her dad loves her (when I read that part, I was thinking that Kent was trying his best in his own limited way to help her father and her reconnect somehow).

If he actually wanted to write a hit piece, he should have eliminated a lot of stuff that he included for - I can only assume- was no reason at all because it sure didn't help him attack her.

Reporters can write about coaches/players, etc and other figures with an honest assessment and approach. That doesn't mean it's a hit piece.

If a reporter writes a story about a politician you don't like and paints a similar picture, I doubt you complaining that it's a hit piece. It's likely you are saying the reporter simply wrote about the politician.

Saying someone holds grudges and explaining it by using evidence from her own father and sister- but also explaining how much they love her isn't evidence of a hit piece.

Saying she's one of the best coaches ever in the women's game regardless of her style is not evidence of a hit piece.

Quoting former players who have an issue with her style and personality and then balancing that out in the same article by quoting players that say she's the opposite is not evidence of a hit piece.

if Kent Babb wanted to write a hit piece. there would be no reason for him to include quotes from players defending her. They'd be no reason to include information about how much her college coach valued her. There'd be no reason to include the info about how much her dad loves her (when I read that part, I was thinking that Kent was trying his best in his own limited way to help her father and her reconnect somehow).

If he actually wanted to write a hit piece, he should have eliminated a lot of stuff that he included for - I can only assume- was no reason at all because it sure didn't help him attack her.

She feels it is a hit piece. She knows more about it than you or Babb.

Where do you get off telling a grown woman she is wrong to feel the way she does about something written about her that you don't know shit about?

She feels it is a hit piece. She knows more about it than you or Babb.

Where do you get off telling a grown woman she is wrong to feel the way she does about something written about her that you don't know shit about?

What she feels isn't really that relevant. It's newsworthy, but doesn't much matter.

Plus, given her last statement about it was she wasn't sure she'd read it, I would think a fair assessment could only be provided after she has actually read it- not her guessing about it.

Given that nearly person that has a story written about them with some negative aspects of it thinks the story was a hit piece, your position just doesn't hold any water.

I'm happy to tell any grown woman or man that they are wrong if they say something that is incorrect.

you tell me all the time I'm wrong about things I feel strongly about, so you should know how silly your argument is on that subject. LOL

Reactions: GreatestCock
What she feels isn't really that relevant. It's newsworthy, but doesn't much matter.

Plus, given her last statement about it was she wasn't sure she'd read it, I would think a fair assessment could only be provided after she has actually read it- not her guessing about it.

Given that nearly person that has a story written about them with some negative aspects of it thinks the story was a hit piece, your position just doesn't hold any water.

I'm happy to tell any grown woman or man that they are wrong if they say something that is incorrect.

you tell me all the time things I feel about things is wrong, so you should know how silly your argument is on that subject.

Like I said, a f'ing know-it-all that think you know better about her life experience than she does because you read an article.

Hell, you can't even keep the "stories" you tell about your own life straight. lol

Like I said, a f'ing know-it-all that think you know better about her life experience than she does because you read an article.

Hell, you can't even keep the "stories" you tell about your own life straight. lol

You've backed yourself into quite a corner here.

no one here knows more about her life experience. No one has said they do. That has nothing to do with the subject or the story.

You've backed yourself into quite a corner here.

no one here knows more about her life experience. No one has said they do. That has nothing to do with the subject or the story.

No, you have. The same lib idiots that proclaimed all women should be believed now suddenly what to allow some man that doesn't even know her define who she is despite her objections.

Quite the hypocrites.

No, you have. The same lib idiots that proclaimed all women should be believed now suddenly what to allow some man that doesn't even know her define who she is despite her objections.

Quite the hypocrites.

"No, you have."

I clearly haven't said I know more about her story than she does. That's ridiculous. You are lying. You shouldn't do that.

"The same lib idiots that proclaimed all women should be believed now suddenly what to allow some man that doesn't even know her define who she is despite her objections."

1) You've sort of lost it. LOL

2) Kent Babb didn't "define her." He wrote a story about her after talking to friends, family members, coworkers, former players.

3) Objects of stories don't get to define the story except when it's written by their own public relations people. Other than that, that's simply not how it works. Everyone here, except you, knows that.

Last edited:
Reactions: GreatestCock
"No, you have."

I clearly haven't said I know more about her story than she does. That's ridiculous. You are lying. You shouldn't do that.

"The same lib idiots that proclaimed all women should be believed now suddenly what to allow some man that doesn't even know her define who she is despite her objections."

1) You've sort of lost it. LOL

2) Kent Babb didn't "define her." He wrote a story about her after talking to friends, family members, coworkers, former players.

3) Objects of stories don't get to define the story except when it's written by their own public relations people. Other than that, that's simply not how it works. Everyone here, except you, knows that.

Mulkey accused Babb of trying to trick her former assistant coaches into speaking with him by giving them the false impression that Mulkey had acquiesced to being interviewed.

“When my former coaches spoke to him and found out that I wasn’t talking with the reporter, they were just distraught, and they felt completely misled,” Mulkey said.

Mulkey added that former players have told her that the Post “contacted them and offered to let them be anonymous in a story if they’ll say negative things about me.”

Shady shit. And I believe Mulkey.

Please detail the lies in the story.

I never claimed anything in this story was a "lie". I don't know. You don't know. And I doubt the author knows for sure. My response was defending her reason for speaking up about it beforehand and warning them, and she was absolutely right to do it. Nothing petty or wrong about it. Like the old saying goes, a lie can travel halfway around the world while the truth is putting on its shoes. We have seen it over and over in the media. At this point, to not warn them would almost be condoning it.

I absolutely see why Mulkey feels it's a hit piece. No coach, especially one that has done so much for women's basketball, would want this type of overwhelming negative publicity printed about them at any time, especially at the most important time of the season.

And there is a reason why when you go to court, they require you to tell the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth. Mulkey doesn't feel the whole truth wasn't told here, and I believe her.

Last edited:
I never claimed anything in this story was a "lie". I don't know. You don't know. And I doubt the author knows for sure. My response was defending her reason for speaking up about it beforehand and warning them, and she was absolutely right to do it. Nothing petty or wrong about it. Like the old saying goes, a lie can travel halfway around the world while the truth is putting on its shoes. We have seen it over and over in the media. At this point, to not warn them would almost be condoning it.

I absolutely see why Mulkey feels it's a hit piece. No coach, especially one that has done so much for women's basketball, would want this type of overwhelming negative publicity printed about them at any time, especially at the most important time of the season.

And there is a reason why when you go to court, they require you to tell the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth. Mulkey doesn't feel the whole truth wasn't told here, and I believe her.

Of course she had a right to speak up about the story.

Attacking the story before she reads it is jumping the gun a bit. It draws much more attention to it. But she has a right to do it. Don't know anyone that disagrees with that.

I could see why Mulkey might think a reporter writing a story about her could be a hit piece. She's a high profile coach. They think a lot of stuff is an attack. They are like politicians- anyone writing a feature is going to attack them some. Routine stuff. That doesn't mean I agree with her opinion.

She had an opportunity to talk to the reporter- many of them. She refused. That's her right- but it doesn't mean a reporter will stop writing the story- or should.

A feature news article about a personality isn't a court appearance. It's a story- in this case- a story about a sports figure. They interview people and get their opinions, and present their opinions.

There is NOTHING unusual about this story or how it was written.

It was quite tame compared to most stories about political and business figures

My favorite aspect of the fluff piece was the claim it took 2 years to produce.

Two years to write a piece like that about a women's basketball coach?

Well over 95% of what was included was already available on the internet.

It could have easily been written by AI in under a minute in storytelling API mode and then you just place phone calls to the parties included in the story to infuse some original quotes and authenticity.

What a lame duck.

But, I just emailed a reporter I know that would know how these stories are handled. We aren't friends. But I correspond with him ever so often about things and he does typically respond. I'll post what he says when I get his reply.
A reporter I reached out to responded

Said there was no way Kent Babb would back off anything, ( sometimes stories go various ways depending on who you talk to at the time so you try to talk more than one person when you write a profile.)

especially since he talked to her dad and sister, which can take time to set up and schedule. doesn't mean you work on such a story all the time- can go a month or more without really doing much on it so you leave it open. routine for feature stories. some sports figures like coaches won't even talk to reporters about stories like this during their seasons so you have to wait.)

Said Mulkey is a bit paranoid like a lot of higher profile coaches.

A reporter I reached out to responded

Said there was no way Kent Babb would back off anything,
( sometimes stories go various ways depending on who you talk to at the time so you try to talk more than one person when you write a profile.)

especially since he talked to her dad and sister, which can take time to set up and schedule. doesn't mean you work on such a story all the time- can go a month or more without really doing much on it so you leave it open. routine for feature stories. some sports figures like coaches won't even talk to reporters about stories like this during their seasons so you have to wait.)

Said Mulkey is a bit paranoid like a lot of higher profile coaches.

Hahahahahahaha. Dave, the decision would have nothing to do with Babb or his desires.

Legal makes those calls.

Your heresy creations to support a position on this site are legendary.

At some point when I'm painfully bored, I'll put together of collection of them with full context.

This really puts in perspective how you were once hanging on every word of the likes of Don Lemon.

Please never change.

Last edited:
it would be quite a feat to not edit the story up until publication given they gave her a chance to respond up until right before publication.

Then how can you claim the article was 98% complete 3-4 months ago when you have no idea what the original article said? You make more posts on here than anyone else. Clearly you just make shit up and then contradict yourself. Maybe you should think a little before you type?

Then how can you claim the article was 98% complete 3-4 months ago when you have no idea what the original article said? You make more posts on here than anyone else. Clearly you just make shit up and then contradict yourself. Maybe you should think a little before you type?

Because I communicated with a reporter who would know.

Regardless, it doesn't matter at all.

Good story. Lots of publicity. Fair take about a controversial coach. Well done.

Because I communicated with a reporter who would know.

Regardless, it doesn't matter at all.

Good story. Lots of publicity. Fair take about a controversial coach. Well done.
How would he know what the original article said before it was edited? It was not published. Only the author would know. Another case of your recklessness in posted made up stuff.

How would he know what the original article said before it was edited? It was not published. Only the author would know. Another case of your recklessness in posted made up stuff.

Not to write the plain obvious to someone that obviously can't figure the basics out, people know each other.

Not to write the plain obvious to someone that obviously can't figure the basics out, people know each other.
Oh, so this possibly fictitious person personally knows the author, and the author showed him the original, and this possibly fictitious person told you all about it? Yeah, RiGHT! Bold face lie!

Oh, so this possibly fictitious person personally knows the author, and the author showed him the original, and this possibly fictitious person told you all about it? Yeah, RiGHT! Bold face lie!
The reporter knows him. The writer of the article use to live in Columbia.
No, he didn't show him. Friends don't usually ask for evidence or proof to believe a friend.

No, he didn't show him. Friends don't usually ask for evidence or proof to believe a friend.
Good! So you admit neither he nor you know the contents of the original draft. That's what I thought.

Good! So you admit neither he nor you know the contents of the original draft. That's what I thought.

Accusing me of something I never said then responding as if I said it is stupid. It's also a lie. But that's you.

I communicated with a reporter that is a friend of Babb. He does know and yes- I trust him and what the reports were that he had been working on the story for a very long time- and that he didn't change the story at the last minute because of a stupid assertion that a nutty coach in Louisiana whined about a story she hadn't read or had even been released.

Only a fool would believe that an experienced reporter at a paper like the Washington Post backed off because a college coach whined about a story she hadn't seen.

if you are that ignorant to believe that, then you are that ignorant. it is what it is.

Accusing me of something I never said then responding as if I said it is stupid. It's also a lie. But that's you.

I communicated with a reporter that is a friend of Babb. He does know and yes- I trust him and what the reports were that he had been working on the story for a very long time- and that he didn't change the story at the last minute because of a stupid assertion that a nutty coach in Louisiana whined about a story she hadn't read or had even been released.

Only a fool would believe that an experienced reporter at a paper like the Washington Post backed off because a college coach whined about a story she hadn't seen.

if you are that ignorant to believe that, then you are that ignorant. it is what it is.
Apparently, not only are you an idiot, but you cannot read and comprehend either. Read the article. It discloses that it was edited just a few days before publishing. It's in the ARTICLE. So what your fictious friend said is garbage and irrelevant.

Reactions: Ward Jr
Apparently, not only are you an idiot, but you cannot read and comprehend either. Read the article. It discloses that it was edited just a few days before publishing. It's in the ARTICLE. So what your fictious friend said is garbage and irrelevant.

Yep. he still can't figure out how today's mainstream media operates. Trust of MSM has never been lower, their ratings are in the basement, they hire idiots to push their propaganda, and he remains oblivious.

Moreover, Dave employs similar tactics to try to bolster their credibility even though almost every topic he's argued in their favor over the years has turned out to be false. It's both bizarre and fascinating to witness.

Reactions: JGH 35

Dave, given your deep insider knowledge, consider penning a piece on Babb himself detailing the trials and tribulations in writing such a hard-hitting story. You can pattern it after the soft bios you've done on Clemson-tied Rick Barnes and Brad Brownell these last couple of weeks. We would all be deeply-indebted.

Last edited:

Articles are edited all the time- sometimes even after publication. A reporter can add one sentence or a last second quote and it will be edited.

It doesn't mean it was edited because they were scared of a college coach being upset. What a ludicrous leap that would be to assume such a thing. There isn't one person with a brain that thinks The Post backed off because Kim Mulkey was upset. LOL

Damn. You are more of a moron that even I imagined and that's really, really bad because I know what I already thought.

(Edited) LOL

Articles are edited all the time- sometimes even after publication. A reporter can add one sentence or a last second quote and it will be edited.

It doesn't mean it was edited because they were scared of a college coach being upset. What a ludicrous leap that would be to assume such a thing. There isn't one person with a brain that thinks The Post backed off because Kim Mulkey was upset. LOL

Damn. You are more of a moron that even I imagined and that's really, really bad because I know what I already thought.

(Edited) LOL

You're entering salary cap territory. The best case scenario for that article is that it got amended once Mulkey's attorneys threatened a lawsuit. Otherwise, it was a massive bust as there was more press prior to release than once it went live.

(Edited) LOL
You're so tangled up in your underwear you can't remember which lie you told last.
First you claim the article was written months before: "He most likely started working on this article over a year ago and had it 98% written 3-4 months ago."
Then you make the above statement: "Articles are edited all the time- sometimes even after publication."

You can't seem to remember what you say from post to post. It is what we have come to expect from Deception Dave? Or is it Reverend Dave?

You're so tangled up in your underwear you can't remember which lie you told last.
First you claim the article was written months before: "He most likely started working on this article over a year ago and had it 98% written 3-4 months ago."
Then you make the above statement: "Articles are edited all the time- sometimes even after publication."

You can't seem to remember what you say from post to post. It is what we have come to expect from Deception Dave? Or is it Reverend Dave?

1) Kim Mulkey stated- that the story about her was being worked on for a long time

"This reporter has been working on a story about me for two years."- Kim Mulkey

That's probably an exaggeration to some degree.

The article mentioned repeated attempts to interview Mulkey over time had not been successful.

2) Kent Babb has been interviewed about the story. He said he and his editor had 9 drafts of the story. He said the 1st draft and 9th were not remarkably different. He also said he and his editor work on "multiple drafts of stories, no matter what the subject matter is"

He then added, "It damn sure doesn't matter if someone goes on a rant in a press conference"

He said there was nothing substantive that we removed and "there was no accusation or allegation or anything like that that we felt like we better not report on" and that any such stuff was attributable to someone that they could quote.

He said they were careful to review everything they wrote.

then added "what the story was is what the story is"

He said he met Mulkey in Dec 2021 and talked to her for about 45 minutes and that's what got him interested

He said he didn't write hit pieces. He considers it a feature story and she was a human being with fans and detractors. He also added he felt like her main problem was when any player didn't follow what she wanted them to do- which is the same as any old school coach. He also added he felt like those close to her feel she had mellowed out a bit.

1) Kim Mulkey stated- that the story about her was being worked on for a long time

"This reporter has been working on a story about me for two years."- Kim Mulkey

That's probably an exaggeration to some degree.

The article mentioned repeated attempts to interview Mulkey over time had not been successful.

2) Kent Babb has been interviewed about the story. He said he and his editor had 9 drafts of the story. He said the 1st draft and 9th were not remarkably different. He also said he and his editor work on "multiple drafts of stories, no matter what the subject matter is"

He then added, "It damn sure doesn't matter if someone goes on a rant in a press conference"

He said there was nothing substantive that we removed and "there was no accusation or allegation or anything like that that we felt like we better not report on" and that any such stuff was attributable to someone that they could quote.

He said they were careful to review everything they wrote.

then added "what the story was is what the story is"

He said he met Mulkey in Dec 2021 and talked to her for about 45 minutes and that's what got him interested

He said he didn't write hit pieces. He considers it a feature story and she was a human being with fans and detractors. He also added he felt like her main problem was when any player didn't follow what she wanted them to do- which is the same as any old school coach. He also added he felt like those close to her feel she had mellowed out a bit.
And there was an eclipse today and there is a parade for the NC basketball team on Sunday.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT