ADVERTISEMENT

SC High School practice is starting. Any changing of the guard

Judson1

Jul 31, 2008
at the top of the divisions? Or the usual suspects?
Bonus question: If you had to bet. What’s the surest bet for a title in any division?

Sadly, Lancaster will struggle to win a game and it breaks my heart. Such a good program in days gone by. My grandson is an excellent long snapper - on the map nationally - but the Bruins as of today have neither a punter nor a placekicker going into the season.

Maybe they’ll be able to play a home game this year. That would be improvement.
Lol I was up there last july or maybe june. When they changed the grass. The grass didnt take hold quick enough and they had to play all their games on the road last year. Man if I was a senior I would be mad.

Reactions: Gamecockben1979
Lol I was up there last july or maybe june. When they changed the grass. The grass didnt take hold quick enough and they had to play all their games on the road last year. Man if I was a senior I would be mad.
When that happened I knew the last coach was a dead man walking. If for no other reason, the last sentence you posted. I bet those parents blasted him at the district office. Guaranteed

• Haha
Reactions: jeff2001
When that happened I knew the last coach was a dead man walking. If for no other reason, the last sentence you posted. I bet those parents blasted him at the district office. Guaranteed
Well he got a job as TE coach at North Greenville. James Thurn. The new coach is some guy named John Boggs.

Well he got a job as TE coach at North Greenville. James Thurn. The new coach is some guy named John Boggs.
I know Boggs. He was at Westside and Pickens. Run oriented coach. Hard to gauge the Pickens time. They’ve been horrible for forever. Probably could have been a little better record wise at Westside. Super nice guy though.

I know Boggs. He was at Westside and Pickens. Run oriented coach. Hard to gauge the Pickens time. They’ve been horrible for forever. Probably could have been a little better record wise at Westside. Super nice guy though.

Nice guy, sure. The problem is that he just isn't a very good head coach as demonstrated by his stops at other schools that have a more football friendly environment. But typical Greenville County hire. He has experience at the administrative part of being a HC. Winning is a secondary issue.

Nice guy, sure. The problem is that he just isn't a very good head coach as demonstrated by his stops at other schools that have a more football friendly environment. But typical Greenville County hire. He has experience at the administrative part of being a HC. Winning is a secondary issue.

Sometimes it’s a change of scenery. I know this about Blue Ridge. They need to get away from all that pass happy, spread stuff they were doing. They don’t have the dogs to do that. They did it well about 8 years or so ago. They could score but couldn’t defend a lick. I’ll admit I did not see them in 2020 so maybe they already have. They need to find some country boys raised on cornbread that can block for one really good athlete and they’ll be competitive offensively again.

I don’t know how good the teams will be, but I must say I am excited for the three Florence HS teams this year. They all three will FINALLY play their home games on their new on campus stadiums instead of all three sharing Memorial Stadium. This is a big deal for those of us who have hs kids here in Florence. I know having an on campus football stadium has been talked about since my high school days of the early 80’s. Glad it’s finally happened.

Last edited:
Reactions: Judson1
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT