ADVERTISEMENT

SC vs Taters 7:30 ESPN per Sportstalk on Twitter

We have to play smart football get back to winning the turnover battle. Play disciplined football and not be overhyped like the UK game and have 4 false start penalties in the 1st half.

All the talk in Pickens are the Taters will be playing Miami for the chance to make the playoffs. We are not even on their radar. Hope it stays that way.

GO Gamecocks.

Reactions: 92Pony
Pressure is on us just as much. We got flat out embarrassed last year. Muschamp knows he can't let that happen again. He gets the rivalry now, you can bet that.

The excuses have started for the Clemson fans here in the upstate. Some don't think they are going to win because of their player injuries.

Pressure is on us just as much. We got flat out embarrassed last year. Muschamp knows he can't let that happen again. He gets the rivalry now, you can bet that.
How is our rivalry different from that which Will experienced as a player at UGA with Tech, and as a coach at UF with F$U?

IMO, he got it when he signed the contract to be HC.

How is our rivalry different from that which Will experienced as a player at UGA with Tech, and as a coach at UF with F$U?

IMO, he got it when he signed the contract to be HC.
I think many outsiders don't really understand the absolute disdain the two schools have for each other. Maybe not so much the schools, but the fans do. I know Clemson hates our guts, not sure our administration really feels the same about them. I think the diss by Dabo at midfield last year made Muschamp realize "ok, this is real". Now it was explained that it wasn't intentional and Dabo shook his hand later, but that was for show. Dabo already made his point that he didn't respect Muschamp.

Carolina/Clemson isn't understood until you've been around it. All it takes is experiencing it one time and you come away thinking "damn, they really do hate each other".

Look at how Clemson came to be. The hate goes back a looooong time. FSU used to be a girls school, some rivalry. UGA and Tech are rivals but honestly they could care less about each other.

Clemson had accused us of cheating in baseball, vandalized our field and campus numerous times, it ain't just one football game that we hate each other at. It's 365 days a year in every sport we play against them because you can point to several instances where the rivalry got intense. Not just football. Our rivalry is always on edge. It's not just an act and you can't explain it until you experience it up close.

Last edited:
I think many outsiders don't really understand the absolute disdain the two schools have for each other. Maybe not so much the schools, but the fans do. I know Clemson hates our guts, not sure our administration really feels the same about them. I think the diss by Dabo at midfield last year made Muschamp realize "ok, this is real". Now it was explained that it wasn't intentional and Dabo shook his hand later, but that was for show. Dabo already made his point that he didn't respect Muschamp.

Carolina/Clemson isn't understood until you've been around it. All it takes is experiencing it one time and you come away thinking "damn, they really do hate each other".

Look at how Clemson came to be. The hate goes back a looooong time. FSU used to be a girls school, some rivalry. UGA and Tech are rivals but honestly they could care less about each other.

Clemson had accused us of cheating in baseball, vandalized our field and campus numerous times, it ain't just one football game that we hate each other at. It's 365 days a year in every sport we play against them because you can point to several instances where the rivalry got intense. Not just football. Our rivalry is always on edge. It's not just an act and you can't explain it until you experience it up close.
This. All of this. From the faux religious bs to the sanctimony of their fans to their hatred of their own state capital because their rival is located there, I really wish we'd sell off the Upstate to GA or NC. I can't stand anything about Clemson.

This. All of this. From the faux religious bs to the sanctimony of their fans to their hatred of their own state capital because their rival is located there, I really wish we'd sell off the Upstate to GA or NC. I can't stand anything about Clemson.
They really need to do a movie on our rivalry like they did Roll Tide/War Eagle

The Rivalry is athletic, social, regional, political, educational, family and personal. No other rivalry in the country even comes close (well . . . Maybe Bama vs Auburn). This year's game renewal is shaping up to be a real classic. Go Cocks!

Yeah it’s crazy. Grew up near Clemson as a Carolina fan. Teachers hung rubber chickens from the ceiling tiles and you got ragged pretty bad. Would try to fake sick on Mondays after the Carolina/Clemson game if we lost . Carolina stickers on the car and your air gets let out the tires. All You heard growing up about Carolina there was how dirty Columbia was and how ugly the school was, and how stupid the people that went there was. Finally went to USC and was like this is great, nothing like every says it is!

The excuses have started for the Clemson fans here in the upstate. Some don't think they are going to win because of their player injuries.

You've encountered some mighty rare Tillmanites. Every single one I've come across believes they're gonna run us out of the stadium.

Darn near perfectly stated.

Reactions: vacock#

"not sure our administration really feels the same about them"...it was CRT that JackLegg accused of cheating. Oh he hates Clemsux, believe me.

Reactions: robertfootball
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT