ADVERTISEMENT

SCHS Legend John Smith retires

mickmick7

Dec 13, 2011
The Legend at Great Falls high School has decided to hang it up after 47 years..I cannot believe it..was lucky enough to play for this Great Coach.. Thanks Coach

Reactions: aj&uscgrad
I played for him at a couple of Camp Springs basketball camps. I remember one time I beat him in putt putt once for a Mt Dew. Good Lord that was so long ago, hard to believe he was still coaching. Good luck Coach Smith

Coach Smith averaged 20 wins a year for 47 years (most teams play less than 25 games), and for the past 40 years played in the state title game 19 times, winning 8? Nothing against any other coach, in any other sport, but John Smith is hands down the best high school coach in the history of SC.

Played against this guy twice in the playoffs in 2010 and 2011. Unbelievable coach and an even better guy. Took the time to speak to me and a few guys after the game in 2011 when I was a senior. Obviously, he beat us twice lol.

Heck of a coach. Saw Danny Stong play once when Smith turned him loose...unreal. Great Falls is on a decline. A lot of folks leaving. They also used to have a tremendous football program that is now a shell of what it used to be.

Reactions: mickmick7
Heck of a coach. Saw Danny Stong play once when Smith turned him loose...unreal. Great Falls is on a decline. A lot of folks leaving. They also used to have a tremendous football program that is now a shell of what it used to be.
Great Falls was a great place to grow up back in the 60s. Everyone in town attended HS sports.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT