ADVERTISEMENT

Script Carolina 0-1 in SEC play

GOOD NEWS WE ARE TIED FOR 2ND IN THE SEC.
Good news is uga has a tough schedule to play. Bad news is this was the year we shoulda beat them if we ever expect to in the upcoming years. As much better we are doing with recruiting, they are expanding the gap between us. And we caught them at a very early time when we shoulda kept it close if we want to belong in the same arena.

Say what? Uh - no.

Uh-yes.
Beginning of this season will be the weakest UGA will be for a while at the pace they are recruiting. We had them at home this year.
Their defense is young, inexperienced, and will get better quickly as this season goes by.
While we should improve going forward, they will improve at a faster pace.
And we just looked like we brought a knife to a gunfight.
Next year will be in Athens, their "youth" will have a year's experience and will take us to the woodshed even more so than yesterday. This was the year if there ever was to be one.
And Kirby is better than Muschamp.....
I think we're setting ourselves up to fight with UK for 2nd place until UF and UT get their acts together.

Uh-yes.
Beginning of this season will be the weakest UGA will be for a while at the pace they are recruiting. We had them at home this year.
Their defense is young, inexperienced, and will get better quickly as this season goes by.
While we should improve going forward, they will improve at a faster pace.
And we just looked like we brought a knife to a gunfight.
Next year will be in Athens, their "youth" will have a year's experience and will take us to the woodshed even more so than yesterday. This was the year if there ever was to be one.
And Kirby is better than Muschamp.....
I think we're setting ourselves up to fight with UK for 2nd place until UF and UT get their acts together.
Can't give assent to the term "shoulda" in this context. Would have had no issue with "needed to".

Can't give assent to the term "shoulda" in this context. Would have had no issue with "needed to".
Semantics but my message still seems clear in that UGA is already light years aheads of us and will outpace us for a while so we will be o-fer in SEC titles, Divisional titles, etc for a while because they are better now and will get "mo better".

Semantics but my message still seems clear in that UGA is already light years aheads of us and will outpace us for a while so we will be o-fer in SEC titles, Divisional titles, etc for a while because they are better now and will get "mo better".
I will agree that it appears as if we are years away from having a realistic crack at beating them. I would also go along with the premise that our program never "shoulda" been left in the condition it was left in by the previous staff.

"Shoulda" struck me as implying we lost due to some sort of negligence on our part. Had we lost to Coastal, I would agree with "shoulda". If I were going to apply "shoulda" to this scenario, I'd say that, if we didn't want to lose to this UGA team, we "shoulda" stayed in the ACC and not had this Georgia team as one of our OOC opponents. Alternatively, we "shoulda" gotten better players than they had.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT