ADVERTISEMENT

SEC Network+

carolinacockfan

Sep 9, 2000
I don't think the University should list the baseball games as being on TV if it's SEC Network+. It's not available to the vast majority.

Go buy a Google Chromecast for $29, plug it into your TV, and voila! It's that simple as long as you have an internet connection. You can watch any game on Watch ESPN (including SEC Network +), Netflix, HBO Go, Hulu, YouTube, and TV shows from all sorts of channels on your TV via the internet. It's so easy a caveman could do it.

Originally posted by USC'sMostWanted:
I have a Chromcast but how do i get SEC+?
He was addressing the fact that you say it's not TV, not that you don't actually get the service. I have Sling TV. It's on the internet yet they call it TV. Anyone with internet can purchase it. The lines between TV and internet are blurring. I also have Chrome cast. That sends the channel from my computer to my TV in my family room. It also works if you stream the game on your tablet or phone. You just need to be on the same wifi network as the Chromecast.

This post was edited on 3/10 3:10 PM by ReadR00ster

If your internet is with TWC, you cant stream SEC network games on the Watch ESPN app on your phone (chromecast) or any other devices.

You have to be in your house on your own internet network though. They don't let you stream that channel away from your home yet. Also you have have to actually have the TV tier that allows you to get the SECN channel.
Originally posted by gamecockengineer2011:
If your internet is with TWC, you cant stream SEC network games on the Watch ESPN app on your phone (chromecast) or any other devices.

This post was edited on 3/10 3:32 PM by ReadR00ster

If I am not mistaken the only ones who can not get Watch ESPN or SEC+ is TWC as most cable and sat companies has signed on, so most everyone gets it if you are with a major provider except TWC.

I watched the baseball game on my phone by the watch espn app. I had to log in to my directv account though.

As a TWC customer in a TWC area my options SECN + options are Dish, or Direct TV. The later want to charge up the rear end and cap your internet. TWC just say "No SEC plus for you." Soup Nazi style. So I signed up for Sling TV. It's $25 bucks a month and it works like a dream, and I can cancel it with out any of penalty, so I only have to pay for it when I actually use it. It's worth it. I also get the softball games. How often do you get to watch softball games from your house. Honestly if you only really care about sports in your household for TV you could cancel your TV and just get pay for internet and Sling TV. The have a few other channels. Disney channels. TBS, TNT, Food network etc. And I am half Italian, so if I wanted to watch some Serie A soccer/football I am set. AC Milan FTW. We have on soccer dude that's been posting I know. lol.

I've been able to watch all the games on ESPN3 on my computer. I do have ATT Uverse if that makes a difference.

Originally posted by gamcox:
I've been able to watch all the games on ESPN3 on my computer. I do have ATT Uverse if that makes a difference.
ATT U-verse if it's in your area is reasonably priced. It's not in my area. The problem is they cap your internet usage at a certain amount and if you go over, they charge you extra. That is why I have downloaded programs to try to monitor my usage, because I really have no idea. how much it is. Eventually Uverse says's it's coming to my neck of the woods in Florence and Myrtle Beach and I will make the switch if it makes sense. Like if the TWC - Comcast deal is allowed to happen because Comcast also caps internet usage and charges for extra. TWC is one of few that does not.

Originally posted by ReadR00ster:

ATT U-verse if it's in your area is reasonably priced. It's not in my area. The problem is they cap your internet usage at a certain amount and if you go over, they charge you extra.
I will say this again...

NO...THEY...DON'T.

Yes, there is a monthly data cap limit (250GB/month for up to the 45Mbps service and 1TB/month for the Giga Power service) listed in the fine print of their terms and conditions jibber jabber you agree to when you sign up for your service but it is NOT ENFORCED and will probably never be enforced.

Uverse uses VoIP and IPTV that piggybacks on the internet service...everything comes in on the same pipe so to speak...and average daily HDTV viewing alone eats up a fair amount of data per month without adding in internet and phone usage so if the listed data caps were actually being enforced pretty much every Uverse customer including myself would be way over exceeding them on a monthly basis and neither I nor anyone else I know with the service have EVER had any extra charges for exceeding a monthly data cap.

Folks really need to stop spreading incorrect info about something they are obviously not anywhere knowledgeable enough in to discuss intelligently.

I have ATT Uverse also but several games have been on the SEC+ network and it tells me I'm not a subscriber. If its on ESPN3 then yeah, I have access. How do you watch all of the games without being a subscriber???

Originally posted by dieharduscfan:
I have ATT Uverse also but several games have been on the SEC+ network and it tells me I'm not a subscriber. If its on ESPN3 then yeah, I have access. How do you watch all of the games without being a subscriber???
If you have Uverse then you should be able to go to the WatchESPN site, click on our game that is on SEC Network + and it should give you a pop up box asking what provider you have. Select AT&T Uverse and enter your att.net email and password you set up when you signed up for Uverse to verify your account. Once you do that you should have access.

I've never had any problem...not with the WatchESPN site nor the WatchESPN app.

This post was edited on 3/11 7:13 PM by GamecockWarrior

You can stream away from home. It's based on your CABLE provider, not your internet provider. I sign in with my Comcast ID all the time when away from home (ie at work, on my phone, etc), even when I'm in Columbia.

TWC is the only cable provider that doesn't offer SECN+ at this time.

Originally posted by USCBatgirl21:
You can stream away from home. It's based on your CABLE provider, not your internet provider. I sign in with my Comcast ID all the time when away from home (ie at work, on my phone, etc), even when I'm in Columbia.

I was talking about the TWC app and The SECN. Not Watch ESPN.

Originally posted by USCBatgirl21:

I imagine that there are other cable providers who don't offer SECN or SECN+, but TWC appears to be the only "major" provider in SC who doesn't.

I guess to be clearer, one's access to ESPN3/SECN+ is based on one's TV subscription(s), cable, satellite, Sling TV.

Watching USC - Penn St. on-line as I type this. Logged in via my Comcast ID at work (I think Bellsouth or some such is our ISP).

Maybe someone should create a video and post it to YouTube explaining/showing how this works.

You are correct. It is NOT a tv station. It is an internet link that you can connect to your tv with the proper equipment. Eventually cable companies might put it on a station, but it is nothing like the actual SEC Network which is a channel with 24 hour programming and ESPN announcers and hosts.

Originally posted by cock enforcer:
............. Eventually cable companies might put it on a station, but it is nothing like the actual SEC Network which is a channel with 24 hour programming and ESPN announcers and hosts.
That will greatly change the contractual and delivery structure for ESPN.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT