ADVERTISEMENT

sec storied or 30 for 30 about Big George, Frank McGuire, 2010-2011 baseball teams

gamecockox

Sep 20, 2007
We need someone Like Darius Rucker or another famous alumni/fan to produce a sec storied or 30 for 30 centered on the Gamecocks. I know the one produced about Kenny Chesney about Spurrier also included his time here but I would love to see one that is more Gamecocks centric!

Last edited:
Doubt we could get a 30 for 30 on any of those, but could definitely get an SEC storied. Would be easy to do one on his New York pipeline & the fights those guys got in.

Usually their is a twist, when this subject comes up, I always throw out the 2000 gamecocks football also one of the better subjects, Lou Holtz, 0-21, still sold out during losing streak, one of the greatest turnarounds in college football history, occurring in the SEC.

Holtz building a team after 0-11, the off season bonding process, taking all the car keys, getting the team to come together in the off season, Charlie Strong, 3rd down defense, New Mexico game, Georgia upset the 5 pics, running out of goal posts, Kimrey fade Miss St game,

4-0 start, First loss Bama with Phil hurt, playing UF and Spurrier for the SEC East Championship, going up 21-3 with the blocked punts then Jessie Palmer comes in and replaces Grossman and has a huge second quarter, clemson game recover the fumble to take the lead, then the push off game, Tampa, Brewer's revenge in the bowl game vs his home-state Buckeyes.

Really a crazy season if you experienced it and followed it with a lot of interesting story lines both positive and negative for a good producer/writer to work with on a SEC storied deal

Last edited:
Usually their is a twist, when this subject comes up, I always throw out the 2000 gamecocks football also one of the better subjects, Lou Holtz, 0-21, still sold out during losing streak, one of the greatest turnarounds in college football history, occurring in the SEC.

Holtz building a team after 0-11, the off season bonding process, taking all the car keys, getting the team to come together in the off season, Charlie Strong, 3rd down defense, New Mexico game, Georgia upset the 5 pics, running out of goal posts, Kimrey fade Miss St game,

4-0 start, First loss Bama with Phil hurt, playing UF and Spurrier for the SEC East Championship, going up 21-3 with the blocked punts then Jessie Palmer comes in and replaces Grossman and has a huge second quarter, clemson game recover the fumble to take the lead, then the push off game, Tampa, Brewer's revenge in the bowl game vs his home-state Buckeyes.

Really a crazy season if you experienced it and followed it with a lot of interesting story lines both positive and negative for a good producer/writer to work with on a SEC storied deal

You sold me. Make it happen!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT