ADVERTISEMENT

SEC Tourney

Worried about Georgia. I hope we do a better job guarding the high ball screen that we did in Athens. They set lots of illegal screens. Maybe the idea is that the officials will get used to them and stop calling them. The problem is that once no. 30 clears the screen he has a lane all the way to the basket. And we have nobody in there to affect his shot.

They are also very, very physical on both ends of the floor. I think the officials are used to that so they let a lot go. That also happened in Georgia. Our guys got hammered every time they went to the basket, with no calls most of the time.

So Georgia it is! Let's hope we have more success vs Georgia than Kentucky had against our girls this season. SC played Kentucky 3 times this season & thrashed them the final time by 30 in the SEC tourney. Let's hope that doesn't happen to our guys tomorrow night :D

I think y'all beat us handily tomorrow. Just don't see us beating y'all 3 times in one season. You guys will be more rested and know how to defend us due to familiarity. You'll get off the snide kinda like we did against y'all in the tourney last year.

Should be well rested and very anxious to play. By the time the game is played, we would have seen every team play in the tourney.

ESPN says we have the 296th toughest non-conference schedule. Yikes! Not good at all. We did finish 11-7 in the SEC this season (which is great by our standards) but we need to win tonight!

In my opinion, I would throw every guard I can at Frazier. Whether it's Stroman, Dozier, or Gregory on the defensive end. Whoever Frazier is guarding defensively, I would post him up and make them double. Chances are, Frazier is going to guard Gregory, Notice or Stroman. I would get Gregory and Stroman in sooner rather than later just to see how Georgia plays.

As for down low, I would play a combination of Chat/Sliva, Chat/Doby, Silva/Kacinas, and even Kacinas/Doby. After the first 5 minutes with Chat and Kacinas starting, if it shows that neither one can move their feet defensively, I would go to zone...then start with the aforementioned subs. Offensively, I would give Chat at least one touch early in the shot clock on every possession to begin the game either on the right side of the floor or just below the free throw line. I would have Kacinas just run the baseline, either for a "high/low" scenario or for better position on a missed shot.

As for Thornwell, if he can just do what he did against Arkansas, that would be great. Drive the basketball and get to the line early. Hopefully he had a chance to talk with BJ Mckie on how to use the "jump stop."

Lastly, everyone use the freaking glass!!!!!!!

ESPN says we have the 296th toughest non-conference schedule. Yikes! Not good at all. We did finish 11-7 in the SEC this season (which is great by our standards) but we need to win tonight!

This is the biggest thing holding us back, that and the conference were in. I know a lot of people don't want to hear this, but in all honesty when it comes to MBB compared to the other Power 5, the SEC is not going to get much respect and deservedly so.

This is the biggest thing holding us back, that and the conference were in. I know a lot of people don't want to hear this, but in all honesty when it comes to MBB compared to the other Power 5, the SEC is not going to get much respect and deservedly so.
Our non conference schedule was extremely weak although a couple of the teams we played are playing for their conference titles. We need a win tonight to solidify us as a legitimate tournament team.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT