bobo oc/qbs
Friend ol
Rocker dl
peterson outside lb
Kimrey te
Lembo st
Shaw (non-coaching position role)
Kitchings rb

still not named - wr Coach, DC, and defensive assistant coach (lb or secondary, depending on who is named coordinator)

just announced on A Gamecock Twitter feed with Beamer retweeting about the announcement

Last edited:
Reactions: yemacock
And just my assumption - could be wrong, but if Derek Mason was going to be our DC, it would have been announced also since he is free, open, and doesn’t have a job currently.

that leads me to think that our DC is still coaching (UNC DC or other DC?)

just my thoughts

Reactions: uscnoklahoma2
Keeping 4 of the prior staff including Bobo as OC. Some of us were saying during the Head Coaching search that we were doing the search on the "cheap". These hires vindicate that position. I just hope that Muschamp's fingerprints were all over the offense this past season. Do like the Lembo hire though.

Give them a chance. Our HC is new to the position. Not many big names would want to sign on to that but this group has a chance to grow together. There should be no primadonnas . Everyone has something to prove. Maybe this is a chance to build a great staff. Time will tell. They inherited a dumpster fire. They can’t do much worse. I am willing to give them a couple of years to see what they can do

Give them a chance. Our HC is new to the position. Not many big names would want to sign on to that but this group has a chance to grow together. There should be no primadonnas . Everyone has something to prove. Maybe this is a chance to build a great staff. Time will tell. They inherited a dumpster fire. They can’t do much worse. I am willing to give them a couple of years to see what they can do
Why only a couple years? Give them a few more after that when they "learn from their mistakes."

Absolute joke

This feels underwhelming especially on the OC. I’m guessing he didn’t get his A or B pick and had to settle on this or he could have announced this weeks ago. That sucks. Hopefully he has better luck on the defensive side.

Reactions: SOSUSC
This feels underwhelming especially on the OC. I’m guessing he didn’t get his A or B pick and had to settle on this or he could have announced this weeks ago. That sucks. Hopefully he has better luck on the defensive side.
I'm guessing he didn't have a choice and it was Bobo all along because he wasn't allowed to fire Bobo because of Bobo's $1.2 million contract. He was given the ability to tag someone Co-OC but no one wanted to be involved with Bobo's offense.

I hope we don't lose Hilinski. I've rationalized that Hill was the choice because he knew Bobo's offense. But, that will be no excuse next year. From my observations over the past 2 seasons, Hillinski is the more talented QB of the two.

For those who are unhappy with Bobo being retained in his position (I would have rather someone else as well) let's try to think of a big positive: the returning players won't have to learn a new system. That would have been Hilinski's 3rd system in as many years .

Reactions: 92Pony
I actually like Bobo as oc, imagine if he had a qb and wr's...thats where recruiting comes in
Rocker...I thought he was a hasbeen
Mason as DC would b nice
I thought Rocker did okay this season. Not great, but okay.

For those who are unhappy with Bobo being retained in his position (I would have rather someone else as well) let's try to think of a big positive: the returning players won't have to learn a new system. That would have been Hilinski's 3rd system in as many years .
And maybe another key to keeping future QB Stockton in the fold as well, though his relationship to Shaw is more important.

Reactions: uscg1984
Why are we keeping Bobo? Money reasons? Don’t tell me Beamer is going to do musical offensive coordinators like Muschamp did. God help us.

Yeah if we were trying to run out the multi year contract with Bobo, why didn't we just keep Muschamp and start over next year with a lower buyout for him as as well?

Yeah. More experience in mediocrity. Can’t beat that.

Good point. Hoping for the best. If Muschamp and his philosophy was a "cancer" on our offense, maybe things will work out and Bobo can produce 35-38 points per game.

Reactions: kotr and jeff2001
Ok I was on the Shane bandwagon after the hire but I’m off now . Bobo did an ok job but his offense is a dinosaur. Really thought Shane would bring more to the table in an OC hire . This staff is EXTREMELY underwhelming in my opinion . Oh well . I quit caring years ago so no biggie . I was hyped for what Shane was going to bring but now I feel what many others have stated ... this is a bargain hire and a bargain staff . Oh well . Hopefully we get it right in 5 years on the next hire . Very disappointing.

Yeah if we were trying to run out the multi year contract with Bobo, why didn't we just keep Muschamp and start over next year with a lower buyout for him as as well?
Why not just move Bobo to something else and hire an OC so we don’t have to make a change a year later?

I'm happy that Bobo will get a 2nd year to improve the offense and hopefully we can have a spring practice. Got to get some WRs.

Reactions: kotr
I do appreciate the hard work that these kids put in year around to play football, so i say this as this message is not to criticize or trash the South Carolina football program. My concern is the defensive line in which ,in my opinion, underperformed my expectations. I was shocked at how Louisiana State dominated South Carolina's defensive line and letting that freshman quarterback make all those plays to sustain drives. In the Texas A&M and Georgia games, their offensive line had a big push on the defensive line, but also I do take an account that injuries at that stage of the season was piling up on South Carolina. With the current coach coaching the defensive line, is the line headed in the right direction? Also concerned on losing out of Tyron Ingram-Dawkins. need a coach that can lure him to South Carolina.

Just so I'm understanding it correctly, are most people unhappy because of Bobo being retained?

Reactions: elcidcockfan
I'm happy that Bobo will get a 2nd year to improve the offense and hopefully we can have a spring practice. Got to get some WRs.
If all the 4 stars he had on the roster this year weren't good enough don't expect it's going to change enough for us to play to the talent level we recruit at. If improving from 99th is all you're after then you might be happy.

Just so I'm understanding it correctly, are most people unhappy because of Bobo being retained?

I think most of us are unimpressed with everything.

The only upgrade so far has been at ST. We just won 2 games. We needed some upgrades especially if we are completely punting on the 2021 recruiting class.

I am. I wanted a completely fresh start. If I’m picking a QB coach then keep Connor and let Bobo get water or something and go hire an OC that’ll open up the offense.

Reactions: Legendary Cock
I think most of us are unimpressed with everything.

The only upgrade so far has been at ST. We just won 2 games. We needed some upgrades especially if we are completely punting on the 2021 recruiting class.
You mean in your opinion the STC is the only upgrade. You, I, and everyone else are all clueless as to what will actually play out. Give them a chance before condemning them. Geez!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT