ADVERTISEMENT

Seven Members of Coaching Staff Announced

Ok I was on the Shane bandwagon after the hire but I’m off now . Bobo did an ok job but his offense is a dinosaur. Really thought Shane would bring more to the table in an OC hire . This staff is EXTREMELY underwhelming in my opinion . Oh well . I quit caring years ago so no biggie . I was hyped for what Shane was going to bring but now I feel what many others have stated ... this is a bargain hire and a bargain staff . Oh well . Hopefully we get it right in 5 years on the next hire . Very disappointing.
I was not for the Beamer hire. But, as time went by, I got more comfortable with the hire. That being said, I'd be lying if I said these hires are not disappointing. I still believe we are going to be kicking ourselves for passing on Chadwell and Napier. But, we're paying the price for making Tanner AD. And that price is not allowing us to come anywhere near the neighborhood of paying "top dollar" for a football program.

If all the 4 stars he had on the roster this year weren't good enough don't expect it's going to change enough for us to play to the talent level we recruit at. If improving from 99th is all you're after then you might be happy.
What 4stars at WRs who ?

I was not for the Beamer hire. But, as time went by, I got more comfortable with the hire. That being said, I'd be lying if I said these hires are not disappointing. I still believe we are going to be kicking ourselves for passing on Chadwell and Napier. But, we're paying the price for making Tanner AD. And that price is not allowing us to come anywhere near the neighborhood of paying "top dollar" for a football program.

I was on board with Beamer until these coaching hires . Extremely disappointed

Reactions: SOSUSC and cadcock
You mean in your opinion the STC is the only upgrade. You, I, and everyone else are all clueless as to what will actually play out. Give them a chance before condemning them. Geez!

I'm just curious what you think sitting around and silently watching us suck does for the program?

Here are the leading candidates for WR, DB and DC.
ti112606.jpg

This is not very exciting news to me. It looks like they could have made Bobo a QB coach and assistant Head Coach to run out his contract. Then bring in a young OC and hopefully a solid DC to add some hope of improvement. If Hill hangs around too this place will be a morgue next year.

I would really like to know if Bobo or Muschamp selected Hill as the starting QB. Either way I saw nothing from Bobo this year that indicates he can out scheme opposing defenses where we have less talent. The staff so far is unimpressive.
I think Muschamp has had a negative impact on all of his OCs because they all have him in common for completely sucking. BUT, I'm going with Bobo chose Hill since he is responsible for Hill transferring here in the first place.

And I don't hate Hill. I thank him for giving Carolina a chance. It's the scheme that is responsible for his 3 torn ACLs and causing us to play a true freshman that can run at QB.

If the majority of the fanbase is represented by some of the posters on here, then Beamer was destined to fail. I'm honestly embarrassed to say I pull for the same team some of these people claim to love.
None of us really know much of anything when it comes to coaching. We are fans and run on pure emotion. Having said that, Beamer needs to learn how to set expectations. This is not an elite staff. I don’t believe any expert would grade this as such. It’s almost 50% of the same staff we just had that won 2 games and got curb stomped most of the time. It’s great to be positive but reality is sometimes easier to see. The stain of Muschamp must be removed. It’s a moral imperative and this is not helping.

I don't know if this helps, but the whispers are that Ray wanted Bobo to be kept on staff. Let's see what information comes out.

For those who are unhappy with Bobo being retained in his position (I would have rather someone else as well) let's try to think of a big positive: the returning players won't have to learn a new system. That would have been Hilinski's 3rd system in as many years .

Problem is Bobo's system sucks, it is antiquated! We are talking 90s style/early 2000 style grind it out (like Muschamp's offenses). To run this system you have to have top notch talent. The offense that works here has to be innovative and exploit mismatches.

Reactions: elcidcockfan
If Bobo lights it up, great. If not, then he may be gone next year. Building a coaching staff could take longer than 3 weeks.

Reactions: aceman39
bobo oc/qbs
Friend ol
Rocker dl
peterson outside lb
Kimrey te
Lembo st
Shaw (non-coaching position role)
Kitchings rb

still not named - wr Coach, DC, and defensive assistant coach (lb or secondary, depending on who is named coordinator)

just announced on A Gamecock Twitter feed with Beamer retweeting about the announcement
We are paying $15M to get rid of Muschamp, but are keeping half of the coaches who were hired by Muschamp and continuing to run Muschamp/Bobo’s 99th ranked offense. Makes perfect sense in Tanner World. I’m guessing we won‘t be running Oklahoma’s offense, unless there is a book somewhere entitled Oklahoma’s Offense for Dummies.

The hole that Ray dug is getting deeper. I mean..............look at the OC hire. All because of Ray's buyout?
Muschamp talked Ray into some fool contract with Bobo when Bobo wasn’t worth that. He’d just been canned, we weren’t trying to steal him away from anyone, he needed a job. And we throw $1 million at him for 2 years??? Why? Because Muschamp is a crook and a con artist and Ray is gullible that’s why.

bobo oc/qbs
Friend ol
Rocker dl
peterson outside lb
Kimrey te
Lembo st
Shaw (non-coaching position role)
Kitchings rb

still not named - wr Coach, DC, and defensive assistant coach (lb or secondary, depending on who is named coordinator)

just announced on A Gamecock Twitter feed with Beamer retweeting about the announcement
So the line about hiring an exciting staff was just a line. Was he fielding fictional calls from fictional coaches of Top 5 programs showing interest in coming here. So far as I can tell, Beamer is a good salesman and Ray will buy anything. I wish him the best, but so far, meh!!!

Ok I was on the Shane bandwagon after the hire but I’m off now . Bobo did an ok job but his offense is a dinosaur. Really thought Shane would bring more to the table in an OC hire . This staff is EXTREMELY underwhelming in my opinion . Oh well . I quit caring years ago so no biggie . I was hyped for what Shane was going to bring but now I feel what many others have stated ... this is a bargain hire and a bargain staff . Oh well . Hopefully we get it right in 5 years on the next hire . Very disappointing.

“The ceiling is the roof”!

I understand wanting to believe in fairy tales, but anyone who isn’t completely blissful knew this was pretty much all we were going to get.

We are a mediocre program with an incompetent AD who hired Shane Beamer as head coach. And, it does appear there were strings to firing Chump. He (and our idiot AD) are costing us more than just the botched buyout.

You think this is amusing, wait until the games start. I’m sure every team in the SEC East ‘liked’ that staff tweet.

On the positive, there are some good coaches and we know Beamer will try hard. He will stop the dysfunction. And, losing with him as coach will be a little less aggravating than having to hear a true loser talk out his backside.

Maybe Bobo is just a bridge retention. He is qualified and we do owe him regardless. We have def seen worse.

Kitching earned (rare for UofSC athletics) being retained. The ST guy seems very qualified. Kimrey? Meh. We’ll see how he recruits. He’s a Gamecock and he knows the coaching game so there’s that.

The D guys? Hard to know. There was little to be impressed by. The D-line is our most star studded group and they habitually underachieved (sans the 1st rounder last year). But, the scheme absolutely sucked so hopefully we’ll get a DC who isn’t a total fraud like T-Robbery.

Let’s face it. Until we get rid of Magoo the AD, real change isn’t coming.

If Bobo lights it up, great. If not, then he may be gone next year. Building a coaching staff could take longer than 3 weeks.

fire him in 2021 after a trash year
Hire a new guy and hope 2022 isn’t trash, but gets a pass because he needs the right kind of guys
2023 improved but not by much
2024 deciding season is the new oc experiment is going to work
2025....is Beamer starting this year with his 3rd coordinator?

a completely fresh start should have began with cleaning house. Harris will be Harris either way.

You have to think Hilinski hits the transfer portal!
Yeah ...that sucks...but he should go. Never seen a cold shoulder like that to such a talented player from an incoming coach.
bobo is still looking for the next j. Parks while m. Rudolph types get ushered out.

Reactions: uscnoklahoma2
This feels underwhelming especially on the OC. I’m guessing he didn’t get his A or B pick and had to settle on this or he could have announced this weeks ago. That sucks. Hopefully he has better luck on the defensive side.
He was busy with Oklahoma....and I guess the only guy available was the guy nobody wanted to run their offense?

Thoughts on Friend? Without a major improvement in the OL nothing gets much better, and we haven't had an SEC caliber OL in years. Basics, get an OL and you improve the RB play and QB play(which improves the WR play). Some bigger holes and an extra 2-3 seconds for a QB than what we have been giving them would do wonders.

If the majority of the fanbase is represented by some of the posters on here, then Beamer was destined to fail. I'm honestly embarrassed to say I pull for the same team some of these people claim to love.
His inadequacies have nothing to do with the fanbase . What we all saw coming five years ago with WM is the same thing we saw a month ago. We don’t want to be correct....but Stevie wonder could see this coming

Thoughts on Friend? Without a major improvement in the OL nothing gets much better, and we haven't had an SEC caliber OL in years. Basics, get an OL and you improve the RB play and QB play(which improves the WR play). Some bigger holes and an extra 2-3 seconds for a QB than what we have been giving them would do wonders.
Pretty good recruiter from what I know, his o-line underperformed at Tennessee though.

• Sad
Reactions: Patriot321
Seriously? You think we didn't have any 4 star WRs?

Dak Joyner
Josh Vann
Shi Smith
Keveon Mullins
Mike Wyman
Rico Powers
OrTre Smith
Chad Terrell
I understand they may have been rated by recruiting services as whatever....but mullins and shi smith are the only ones close to 4. I think they’re 4....but it’s hard to argue the rest aren’t better than 2 star guys.
looks like they ended up coming to an offense with zero production history in the pass game under the last regime because every otherP5 program either passed, filled up or pulled offers back.

I understand they may have been rated by recruiting services as whatever....but mullins and shi smith are the only ones close to 4. I think they’re 4....but it’s hard to argue the rest aren’t better than 2 star guys.
looks like they ended up coming to an offense with zero production history in the pass game under the last regime because every otherP5 program either passed, filled up or pulled offers back.
I just don't buy they are all busts because of them(the players). At some point it's because we aren't coaching them up. Should I list the talent on the dline and what they were rated? Five and four stars galore! One of the worst dlines in the country.

It is what it is.

No one was sad to see him leave Tennessee. Stories are he was forced to try and coach every guy to play every position as opposed to letting people just play an established position. If true then it is going to be a struggle for anyone to coach an oline that way. It would be hard to be a downgrade from Wolford though.

• Sad
Reactions: Patriot321
fire him in 2021 after a trash year
Hire a new guy and hope 2022 isn’t trash, but gets a pass because he needs the right kind of guys
2023 improved but not by much
2024 deciding season is the new oc experiment is going to work
2025....is Beamer starting this year with his 3rd coordinator?

a completely fresh start should have began with cleaning house. Harris will be Harris either way.
Well that’s one of a million ways it could play out, sure.

This feels underwhelming especially on the OC. I’m guessing he didn’t get his A or B pick and had to settle on this or he could have announced this weeks ago. That sucks. Hopefully he has better luck on the defensive side.
It was a Ray plan all along. The money saver special. And what was that definition of insanity again? With the same coaches, will they suddenly morph into a different team?

This whole program needs an enema. Should be running Oklahoma’s offense. Keeping Bobo tells me we aren’t.
Uhhh...yes sir- correct. With today’s news about bobo....this is THE biggest bombshell that has been released. We didn’t get chadwell or freezes offense. We hire Beamer...I have questioned 100 times in the last few weeks...will he bring air raid (which he just introduced to internally 2 years ago) or will he go play action run game offense like his dad had with Ricky bustle forever....and I thought there was no way they gave him this job if not for bringing air raid.
this is a tough pill to swallow and my already upset disposition with this hire has worsened. This is hard to believe. Are we really going to try to beat uga with play action I? Saban said 4. Years ago that he had to change his offensive identity to remain relevant. How doesn’t tanner know this? How doesn’t shame Beamer know this? Does Shane Beamer know what OUs record the last 20 years has been with air raid? Does shane Beamer know what OUs record was in the 90s without an offensive identity?
Some of youlike to group everyone together in this Board who isn’t on board with these sh!tty hires and say “we don’tknow anything”...but Beamer and tanner (etc) know all. Well if you really believe that then you should reconsider your position...because you are terribly wrong.
Does anyone on this gamecock board know/understand/realize what clemson runs on offense?
Watch the d@mn playoff games and see if you see a pattern with these offenses. If you watched last nights liberty-Ccu game....what you watched there is not anything like we’ve done or will continue to do offensively for the next at least 2 years. No malzahn offense at Carolina either.
we are in historic times where fooball rules all but allow offense to cheat over defense. Our all knowing administration and head coach have chosen to go another route with it. They’ve gone the Austin powers route at the blackjack table....he also likes to live dangerously and hit on 21. To h$ll with RPOs I guess. Too much work...we will stick with power and pro I. Might as well go 22 personnel. So-it’s lovely to see those of you on the board so supportive of nuclear war.
Catastrophic. F’ing catastrophic.

Last edited:
Uhhh...yes sir- correct. With today’s news about bobo....this is THE biggest bombshell that has been released. We didn’t get chadwell or freezes offense. We hire Beamer...I have questioned 100 times in the last few weeks...will he bring air raid (which he just introduced to internally 2 years ago) or will he go play action run game offense like his dad had with Ricky bustle forever....and I thought there was no way they gave him this job if not for bringing air raid.
this is a tough pill to swallow and my already upset disposition with this hire has worsened. This is hard to believe. Are we really going to try to beat uga with play action I? Saban said 4. Years ago that he had to change to remain relevant. How doesn’t tanner know this? How doesn’t shame Beamer know this? Does Shane Beamer know what OUs record the last 20 years has been with air raid? Does shane Beamer know what OUs record was in the 90s without an offensive identity?
Some of youlike to group everyone together in this Baird who isn’t on board with these sh!tty hires and say “we don’tknow anything”...but Beamer and tanner (etc) know all. Well if you really believe that then you should reconsider your position...because you are terribly wrong
slow-clap-clapping.gif

Reactions: Legendary Cock
My thoughts on Friend are this, if he is so great why did he get fired and why are we getting another Bobo buddy?

this is a tough pill to swallow and my already upset disposition with this hire has worsened. This is hard to believe. Are we really going to try to beat uga with play action I? Saban said 4. Years ago that he had to change his offensive identity to remain relevant. How doesn’t tanner know this? How doesn’t shame Beamer know this? Does Shane Beamer know what OUs record the last 20 years has been with air raid? Does shane Beamer know what OUs record was in the 90s without an offensive identity?
Some of youlike to group everyone together in this Board who isn’t on board with these sh!tty hires and say “we don’tknow anything”...but Beamer and tanner (etc) know all. Well if you really believe that then you should reconsider your position...because you are terribly wrong.
Does anyone on this gamecock board know/understand/realize what clemson runs on offense?
Watch the d@mn playoff games and see if you see a pattern with these offenses. If you watched last nights liberty-Ccu game....what you watched there is not anything like we’ve done or will continue to do offensively for the next at least 2 years. No malzahn offense at Carolina either.
we are in historic times where fooball rules all but allow offense to cheat over defense. Our all knowing administration and head coach have chosen to go another route with it. They’ve gone the Austin powers route at the blackjack table....he also likes to live dangerously and hit on 21. To h$ll with RPOs I guess. Too much work...we will stick with power and pro I. Might as well go 22 personnel. So-it’s lovely to see those of you on the board so supportive of nuclear war.
Catastrophic. F’ing catastrophic.
I’m afraid Beamer was told he had to keep Bobo. I can’t prove that but I’m thinking thats how we are stuck with him.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT