ADVERTISEMENT

Shane Beamer has proven himself

1. It is always good to see the team come out, play hard, execute, and win.
2. It is always good to pick up a bowl win.
3. It is always good to win over UNC.
4. Shane and Co. achieved this year, and probably over-achieved.
5. This was one of the worst defenses we’ve faced this year (discounting E. Illinois), so let’s all feel good today, but temper it just a bit going forward.
6. The next two years will tell the tale. If Shane continues to win, improve, over-achieve, and if recruiting can do the same, he could have this team in a good place 3 or 4 years from now.

Reactions: 92Pony
I love the exuberance and the family feel he brings. You can tell how proud he was of the team today and how excited he was. It shows the program in a great light.
And yet many on here trash Dabo/Clemson for the same thing. If you can’t beat them join them.

We are all pretty much wait and see also. But we saw a product on the field today that shows more promise than we've seen in a long time. For me, Beamer far exceeded year one expectations.
I think the apparent cultural improvement made everything else possible. This team had a lot of reasons to cave throughout the year. We saw Muschamp's teams cave; we saw Holtz's teams cave; we even saw Spurrier's teams cave. This team never caved. There's a lot to be said for that.

And yet many on here trash Dabo/Clemson for the same thing. If you can’t beat them join them.
Somewhat true, but if you watched Dabo's post game interview yesterday you would swear they had just won the national championship, there is a huge difference in Shane and Dabo! I've said it before and I'll say it again if you are a true fan you would have to admit Clemson's season is a huge disappointment where as ours is a huge overachievement!

I think a lot of us (including myself) were skeptical at his ability to turn this program around. My hat is off to Coach Beamer today. He had this team and staff ready to go. I want to say congratulation to Coach, staff and the players for a great game and for giving us Gamecocks something to be proud of.
Just so Shawn doesn’t come in here Labor Day weekend & steal our icing

What I saw today was not the same as I've been seeing. Our most recent previous game resulted in a 30-0 loss. So pardon me if I detect some distinction. The liberal use of Joyner alone in the way he was used is something we haven't explored to any extent..
I’m sure the departure of Brown facilitated that.

It's still way too early for this. Muschamp looked like a great hire after year 2.
Oh FFS. Leave it to you to find something negative to say about this post. He proved that he can motivate this team and put together a game plan that would ultimately boat-race UNC. This thread has NOTHING to do with Muschamp. You just want to argue with people. Please troll on back over to Taterville.

Reactions: Joe MorrisonLives
First time since I've been a fan ('05) that I've seen us show up to a mediocre bowl game and actually play like we give a damn. There's definitely something to Beamer's culture talk.

That was the biggest thing for me. I wondered if we would show up like we cared.

Reactions: purenonsense
I think a lot of us (including myself) were skeptical at his ability to turn this program around. My hat is off to Coach Beamer today. He had this team and staff ready to go. I want to say congratulation to Coach, staff and the players for a great game and for giving us Gamecocks something to be proud of.

Welcome aboard...

The blowout loss to Clemson has me concerned about if Beamer is the guy or not. THAT. S***. CAN’T. HAPPEN. But, good bowl win.

The blowout loss to Clemson has me concerned about if Beamer is the guy or not. THAT. S***. CAN’T. HAPPEN. But, good bowl win.

No doubt, I could have handled the Clemson loss if the game would have been competitive. I'm willing to settle for 7-6 with a great bowl showing and a lot of positivity going into the offseason.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT