ADVERTISEMENT

Shane said he was going recruiting Sunday he may

Luke Fickle said maybe today, Mark Stoops signed an extension. Urban Meyer said no apparently.

What's the Beams talking about today? Either he needs to talk or Ray needs to confirm that new contract. Otherwise, this silence is "agent generated" silence.

He'll be the youngest former head coach we've ever had - and certainly the youngest who didn't get fired or run out of gas - if he makes the move now. He needs to jump on the opportunity ESPN says he has. They know everything.

Luke Fickle said maybe today, Mark Stoops signed an extension. Urban Meyer said no apparently.

What's the Beams talking about today? Either he needs to talk or Ray needs to confirm that new contract. Otherwise, this silence is "agent generated" silence.
I agree that Beamer’s "radio silence" is either agent-generated OR there is actually something to it. (Apparently, OU has a long history of promoting up and coming assistant-type coaches that are familiar with Sooner football So Beamer kinda/sorta fits that bill.)

But no way, no how should Ray let Sexton play him yet again to give unwarranted raises and extensions. Unless there is a verifiable contract offer to try to match, he should be fired on the spot if he does.

When I think about it, he would be stupid not to take the OU offer. It'll be a heap more than he makes here and he would at least have the talent to learn the ropes. I've always thought that we are a program that needs experience because we just don't consistently get the talent to prop a coach up. I think he leaves before the bowl game.

Reactions: Macc Maine
I agree that Beamer’s "radio silence" is either agent-generated OR there is actually something to it. (Apparently, OU has a long history of promoting up and coming assistant-type coaches that are familiar with Sooner football So Beamer kinda/sorta fits that bill.)

But no way, no how should Ray let Sexton play him yet again to give unwarranted raises and extensions. Unless there is a verifiable contract offer to try to match, he should be fired on the spot if he does.
Sexton started our current malaise by handing Muschamp to Tanner when he had no one else to hire. He certainly has hurt us more than helped us in the past few years.

Sexton started our current malaise by handing Muschamp to Tanner when he had no one else to hire. He certainly has hurt us more than helped us in the past few years.
Blaming agents is ridiculous Tanner. wanted the ad. Job and made a bad decision with Muschamp Beamer. should not be given a new contract after a 500 record in year one Should he leave(which I doubt) there are experienced successful head coaches that would be glad to work here

Reactions: caughtlookin
I'm just mad that eventually we'll get something like a Spurrier at Florida, expect more than contending every season, but winning a championship every season, take the fun out of it and chase him off without ever even having a drop off like they did to Spurrier. And then we'd get trapped with a Zook and all the other scrubs they've had since then with the exception of Meyer. Meanwhile I'm stuck on the ship these ne'er-do-wells scuttled.

Edit: and have to listen to them alternate between complaining and reminiscing on the good times we had and what could've been if only they didn't chase of that one great coach.

I'm just mad that eventually we'll get something like a Spurrier at Florida, expect more than contending every season, but winning a championship every season, take the fun out of it and chase him off without ever even having a drop off like they did to Spurrier. And then we'd get trapped with a Zook and all the other scrubs they've had since then with the exception of Meyer. Meanwhile I'm stuck on the ship these ne'er-do-wells scuttled.

Edit: and have to listen to them alternate between complaining and reminiscing on the good times we had and what could've been if only they didn't chase of that one great coach.
You raise a couple of debatable points regarding Spurrier, but no need to go into that now. No minds would be changed.

I think you are getting a little upset over an unlikely contingency. Beamer might take a legacy job, but only because anybody would. As for his position here, he couldn't be safer if he had Secret Service protection.

All he has to do is demonstrate steady if not spectacular progress (this he must do) and he will get his five years - probably more.

Fans will be fans. There's nothing unique about this fanbase. I would give more attention to the process than the reaction. Have a good night.

Reactions: RileyCock
You raise a couple of debatable points regarding Spurrier, but no need to go into that now. No minds would be changed.

I think you are getting a little upset over an unlikely contingency. Beamer might take a legacy job, but only because anybody would. As for his position here, he couldn't be safer if he had Secret Service protection.

All he has to do is demonstrate steady if not spectacular progress (this he must do) and he will get his five years - probably more.

Fans will be fans. There's nothing unique about this fanbase. I would give more attention to the process than the reaction. Have a good night.
I mean, I wasn't talking about what happened here at the end of Spurrier's tenure here. I'm talking about how he went 10-2 his last season at UF, people were murmuring that he was slipping because they hadn't played for the SEC in a few years and he left because he's a kid at play and doesn't want to coach if it isn't fun.

I mean, I wasn't talking about what happened here at the end of Spurrier's tenure here. I'm talking about how he went 10-2 his last season at UF, people were murmuring that he was slipping because they hadn't played for the SEC in a few years and he left because he's a kid at play and doesn't want to coach if it isn't fun.
Expectations get raised anyplace a coach is uber- successful. I wouldn't be surprised if that isn't part of the reason Lincoln Riley moved.

Reactions: Joe MorrisonLives
Expectations get raised anyplace a coach is uber- successful. I wouldn't be surprised if that isn't part of the reason Lincoln Riley moved.
I can't remember the school, a coach lined up a bunch of 8&9 win seasons when they never had that before, the school fired him to do better and they haven't topped the total or consistency since then. I remember reading about it as a warning against turning loose a good coach but I can't remember the school. I don't think it was Leach at TT because they claimed to fire him for cause, but it might be.

I can't remember the school, a coach lined up a bunch of 8&9 win seasons when they never had that before, the school fired him to do better and they haven't topped the total or consistency since then. I remember reading about it as a warning against turning loose a good coach but I can't remember the school. I don't think it was Leach at TT because they claimed to fire him for cause, but it might be.
One thing at a time. Let's get the eight or nine wins first.

One thing at a time. Let's get the eight or nine wins first.
I didn't say we've done that or will, just said we have a fanbase that would chase off a coach that would have us on the precipice a few years thinking he's the reason we haven't gone over. I know Beamer's impressive first season performance doesn't mean he deserves a lifetime contract, but he's the lowest paid coach outside of Vandy in the league and people are acting like a raise would be the worst thing we can do. I don't think a raise is necessary right now but it seems like over half the comments anywhere on this forum is a bunch of people who didn't want him, that have been throwing a tantrum for months over having him, predicted losing seasons and still won't acknowledge he's better than they've expected, all acting like the only thing that matters is that we, under no circumstances pay our SEC head coach like he's a head coach in the SEC. These people are forgetting that five minutes before Clemson kicked our teeth in talking heads all over we're putting him square in the conversation for SEC COTY.

We got beat, Clemson been had the better roster and unfortunately it seems they remembered that over the last month and people are trying to put it at his feet when he hasn't had a chance to flip the roster, all because he's not Chadwell. I know I wasn't sure if Clemson really pulled it together or if the schedule just lightened up for them, I was in wait and see and we definitely saw. A lot has been made of their injuries and transfers and while I don't know how you can have only 6 OL and hit your stride there, most of what they lost was deadwood killing their culture and you can see that from the demeanor of Shipley getting the to RB spot and whatever the hell the other guy was called getting lost. And I know it's not all about Clemson but it certainly illustrates the criticisms and cause for perspective.

All of the criticisms and blame laid at Beamer's feet have grown for years or been for years and people are acting like he's the progenitor of it all instead of appreciating how much better we are than we were supposed to be, and the part he had to play in it. And I really think it comes down to two things, 1) he's not what THEY wanted and THEY don't want anyone else to be happy and THEY are gonna break the toy everyone else is happy enough with for the moment and 2) they choose not to notice that we have been ranked higher than 90th on offense once in the last 6 seasons, so you can't lay that solely at the feet of a first year staff.

THEY capitalized to emphasize how I view their belief in their own preferences as childishly self involved.

Reactions: WingchunCock
What was Beamer making last year as an assistant? 400 or 500k. No one gave him a chance of coordinator or to say the least head coach. USC gave him chance and paying him probably 2.8 mil. One year and everyone wants to give him another mil. or more for an improved winning year but a team with lots of problems. If you improve each year, then address money and extensions. If OK wants to pay him 6 or 7 mil, have at it.

Reactions: uscwatson21
What was Beamer making last year as an assistant? 400 or 500k. No one gave him a chance of coordinator or to say the least head coach. USC gave him chance and paying him probably 2.8 mil. One year and everyone wants to give him another mil. or more for an improved winning year but a team with lots of problems. If you improve each year, then address money and extensions. If OK wants to pay him 6 or 7 mil, have at it.
Who is saying to pay him 6 or 7 mil? Who is saying to give him a raise? I believe I got closest by saying paying him something other than the lowest salary in the SEC wouldn't justify the ink being spilled by the whiners.

I do wish he’d come out and say something so some of y’all could drop this foolishness. Beamer ain’t going anywhere.

He'll be the youngest former head coach we've ever had - and certainly the youngest who didn't get fired or run out of gas - if he makes the move now. He needs to jump on the opportunity ESPN says he has. They know everything.
Not close. Richard Whaley was 22 when he coached his one and only year.😁

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT