ADVERTISEMENT

Shocker: Brett McMurphy doesn’t think Urban Meyer will coach again at OSU

Cocky kebo57

Aug 21, 2004
A hop and a skip from the Lake Murray dam
http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nca...oach-again-at-ohio-state/ar-BBLobeE?ocid=ientp

Ohio State head football coach Urban Meyer was placed on paid administrative leave Wednesday, after a bombshell report from Brett McMurphy suggested Meyer knew about the domestic violence allegations against former Ohio State assistant Zach Smith in 2015. Courtney Smith — the ex-wife of Zach who revealed she was physically abused by him — provided Murphy with text messages between the coaches’ wives (including Urban’s wife, Shelley) indicating that Meyer was aware of the abuse, despite what he said at Big Ten Media Days last week.

On Wednesday night, McMurphy appeared on SportsCenter with SVP. That’s a big deal, for a couple of reasons. For one, McMurphy was laid off by ESPN last April (something other ESPN employees on radio — including on Wednesday — and television continue to forget). And two, ESPN waited almost four hours to cover the Meyer story on Wednesday, which drew plenty of criticism.

Well, SVP asked McMurphy if he believes Urban Meyer will be Ohio State’s head coach when the 2018 Ohio State college football season arrives, and McMurphy said, “I don’t think so.”

“I don’t think so, Scott. I think the fact that he lied about knowing about these investigations is one thing. Also, in his contract, there’s a clause that states if he has any knowledge of Title IX violations, he’s required to report those. He can be fired with cause for that. There are also possible Title IX issues with Urban, and also remember- Shelley Meyer is an employee of Ohio State.”

Update: Here’s the full interview.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News