ADVERTISEMENT

Should USC become a test free admission university?

I think that the SAT/ACT should be abolished. But going to a Merit system could be deemed even more racially divided. Many inner city schools will not have the option of studies, and living in a inner city could actually deter community involvement.

IMO I wish we would see the push back toward technical schools, where kids actually learn a trade.

And colleges need to do away with the Associate/Liberal Art degree. That has become the fallback for many students not able to get a degree in a more complex area.

I think that the SAT/ACT should be abolished. But going to a Merit system could be deemed even more racially divided. Many inner city schools will not have the option of studies, and living in a inner city could actually deter community involvement.

IMO I wish we would see the push back toward technical schools, where kids actually learn a trade.

And colleges need to do away with the Associate/Liberal Art degree. That has become the fallback for many students not able to get a degree in a more complex area.

I like your way of thinking about this!

Baloney.

Not everyone with higher incomes “tries harder or “cares more.”

In fact, plenty of very hard workers who care a lot don’t have high incomes.

and of course there are plenty of folks with high incomes that don’t work that hard and don’t care that much.

I know plenty of various types.
You're looking at it through the lens of some manual laborer vs a CEO. We're talking about school work. You think the students who worked the hardest and care more don't generally end up with higher incomes?

You're looking at it through the lens of some manual laborer vs a CEO. We're talking about school work. You think the students who worked the hardest and care more don't generally end up with higher incomes?

“Generally” you can say just about anything.

None of which has to do with this topic.

hopefully one thing good will emerge from the pandemic: the death of SAT and ACT scores being required college admissions.

hopefully one thing good will emerge from the pandemic: the death of SAT and ACT scores being required college admissions.
I hope so too. One more excuse removed while nothing will have changed.

In your opinion, why do you think these two are not necessary? You've got to have a way to differentiate those who apply and be able to compare two students, since no two HS are alike with how they teach and grade.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT