ADVERTISEMENT

SIAP: Feaster Says He’ll Play for Gamecocks or Hokies This Fall

I thought he wanted to play for someone who was a contender for championships.
He got tired of his teammates grabbing his ass.
giphy.gif

While I do hope we land Feaster (as more competition in the RB room might yield better results), I'm not blown away by his college film. He looks like he hesitates in attack the LOS and doesn't get much more than than the blockers give him.

Got to feel that he is probably leaning towards VT. Maybe our coaches know that and that is why they have backed off. Would he help at USC? Sure. He would be the best back on the team the moment he stepped on campus. But he is transferring for one reason. He thinks he is an NFL talent and just doesn't have the playing time to showcase his talent at Clemson. If I am in his shoes, I am going to VT. Just because of the difference in schedules. When running up against defenses the likes of Bama, UGA, Clemson, TAMU, there may not be a lot of running lanes. Even some of the lesser opponents on the schedule are better than most on VTs schedule.

You guys may be right, but it's really hard to read an article and understand the context of how the questions were asked and what things were said. Anyone who has ever given an interview will tell you that there are numerous things that could have been printed, and it was at the reporters discretion of what makes it in.

For instance, if he said "I haven't heard a lot from the USC Coaches since the start of the dead period, but I know how they feel about me. I know how they plan to use me in their offense. I understand that they believe that I can be a difference maker for their offense, and allow them to compete this year." That sounds a lot better than just the first line.

There's also the potential that we are his top choice and he isn't ready to make that known so he is downplaying his interest. The kid still has to be on campus at Clemson to finish his degree. You know how petty people can be, so what good does it do him to announce that he's coming to USC, while still enrolled there?

Boom went to his school not long after becoming our coach and told Feaster he would love to have him. I don't think that has changed over the last four years, especially right at the finish line of potentially getting him here. By missing out on Myles Murphy, I believe that numbers aren't a huge problem.

Reactions: A_F_Deerhunter
Blacksburg is a great town, first off. The castrated roosters have no feature back. That alone, coupled with our lack of constant contact, tells the story.
Plus the chance to play for Daisy Fuentes? Done deal.

Reactions: 4E2TCocks
I think he is a great get for whoever lands him.

More importantly I am glad he is finishing his degree and preparing himself for life after football.

Wish him the best of luck wherever he lands.

Reactions: agantt and boykinlp
While I do hope we land Feaster (as more competition in the RB room might yield better results), I'm not blown away by his college film. He looks like he hesitates in attack the LOS and doesn't get much more than than the blockers give him.

I understand this comment but have to ask, are you blown away by what our current RB's have shown either? Not calling out our players but just stating a fact.

Reactions: A_F_Deerhunter
Why the mystery just pick some school and go.

I speculate that he is coming to SC and wants to finish up time on campus before revealing that. However the point of VT's schedule that was mentioned early is a fair and valid point and if that is the case that he chooses VT, I agree with you. No need for the drama in that case

Reactions: PC31
I understand this comment but have to ask, are you blown away by what our current RB's have shown either? Not calling out our players but just stating a fact.
Not at all blown away, which is why I said I still hope we land him. I didn't want to call out any of our own players, but from what I've seen Feaster really reminds me of one of our current senior RBs.

For a RB, I'd go with who has the best passing attack combined with OL play. Next I'd want to be able to showcase my skills to the pros against the best competition. All things considered we have a good shot at retaining his services.

I've said this before and I'll say it again. I will believe Feaster is coming to USC when I see him in practice wearing a Gamecock uniform. If he does come good, if not then we will have to more on as always.

Reactions: jonesz21 and PC31
I think the man wants to go somewhere that his starting spot won’t be challenged...so it may be a good sign for you that he isn’t beating down the door and committing to you guys yet.

I don’t think he can announce until he graduates. He still has some work to do. If I were him, I’m redshirting wherever to learn the playbook to give me the best chance to have a great season. He would not be wise to come here this year. Most brutal schedule in the nation. It will be tough sledding to get good stats this year. He would get really good stats at VT. Will be interesting to see how it all works out.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT