ADVERTISEMENT

Since we had TAMmy added to our schedule, we can't get past 7 wins per season

One more example of getting screwed by the SEC. It should have ended when we got out of the ACC, but name any favors the SEC has done us in terms of scheduling..........that`s what I thought. If Missouri demanded Arky every year, they should have shut the door in their face and invited another school. We played Arky every year, should have kept playing them..

Correlation > Causation

We were winning 11 games the three years prior to that, so if A&M were the problem, we'd have dropped to 10 wins. We lost to the Citadel during that stretch. At home. I don't think A&M being on our schedule caused that to happen.

Reactions: king ward
My understanding is it was our idea because Mizzou wanted a cross border rivalry with ARK. Mizzou should have had to play A&M, their 100k stadium and $200MM budget, instead we took them out of the goodness of our hearts. We came in with ARK and we should have kept playing them. Whoever agreed to that change should be shot!

One more example of getting screwed by the SEC. It should have ended when we got out of the ACC, but name any favors the SEC has done us in terms of scheduling..........that`s what I thought. If Missouri demanded Arky every year, they should have shut the door in their face and invited another school. We played Arky every year, should have kept playing them..

Don't really see the problem.If ya wanna be considered the best, you do the best you can with the cards you're dealt. I'm just glad to be in the SEC

My understanding is it was our idea because Mizzou wanted a cross border rivalry with ARK. Mizzou should have had to play A&M, their 100k stadium and $200MM budget, instead we took them out of the goodness of our hearts. We came in with ARK and we should have kept playing them. Whoever agreed to that change should be shot!
I thought the SEC determined that change, not SC.

Given the politics of the situation I don't see how they could have implemented that change without our consent. What was the rationale? Hey USC y'all always suck so it shouldn't matter...you get TAMU.

No we had to go along with it and we did being the nice guys we are. The fair thing is Mizzou to play each other as cross division rivals because they came in together just like us and ARK.

SEC has been clamoring for more rotating games but a certain minority of schools, UGA, AU, UA, UT ...ahem... won't go along with it so we're stuck with the unfair situation we have now.

Correlation > Causation

We were winning 11 games the three years prior to that, so if A&M were the problem, we'd have dropped to 10 wins. We lost to the Citadel during that stretch. At home. I don't think A&M being on our schedule caused that to happen.

TAMmy started our down fall in 2014....

Correlation > Causation

It isn't as if A&M has been world-beaters during this stretch.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT