ADVERTISEMENT

So are you anti-Bentley guys confident of a win tomorrow if he doesn't start?

cockn'fyr

Mar 26, 2006
A couple of close games went our way last year and that along with media hype for this year got our fans expectations up and that's the reason some of us are a little down! I still say we are a better football team than last year and we are ahead of schedule!

Last edited:
Reactions: myrtlecock
we are the same team with any QB. JB prob knows the playbook better but anyone can throw 50/50 balls and stop and watch their RB after handing it off.

I think he's the weakest part of our offense. Our running backs lack explosiveness, but they're a solid group. If you give them a hole, they'll gain 4 or 5 yards. Give Bentley time and there's no guarantee he'll make the right decision.

But to answer the question -- I would still start him. The threat of the deep pass does stretch a defense. Hopefully he can show improvement. UGA and UK are undefeated, after all. Give them some credit.

Pro Bentley, given the QB room, hope he starts, if does start i feel better about our chances, if he doesn't start, I feel worse.

Not confident in a W if he plays or doesn't, I will be rooting hard as always, and I hope their are corrections and the drops stop.

I'm still a big supporter of BMAC at OC but I know I'm in the minority :)

3 things that i hope to see more of and help me continue my support

I hope to see the Denson formation in the red zone and we can just pound it in and avoid a turnover.

I think Shi is matchup nightmare for the other teams, and he seems to be able to catch, so I hope we can exploit that more

I would like to see a package of plays and formations for Dak Joyner, and let him do some things and get some experience, and give the defenses more to think about especially if he can be successful in whatever is dialed up.

Last edited:
I want Bentley to stop throwing the ball to the other team. In Jesus name...A-Men

maxresdefault.jpg

I want Bentley to stop throwing the ball to the other team. In Jesus name...A-Men
Well then we need better quality ol who can do the job and establish a quality running game to take the pressure off the qb no matter who he is. Johnny U. would have trouble with an anemic ol. Seems like ol has been our achiellies heel forever.

Well then we need better quality ol who can do the job and establish a quality running game to take the pressure off the qb no matter who he is. Johnny U. would have trouble with an anemic ol. Seems like ol has been our achiellies heel forever.

FWIW, I saw an SEC graphic recently that had our OL 4th in the league, behind Bama, UGa, and one other team. So it's a fair guess that the OL is NOT the problem this season.

What i would really like to know is do they already know or is thus truly a game time decision. I assume he isn't going to play but they want to hide their cards (which is what they should do).

OL is definitely not the problem this year. They have given Bentley plenty of time...and they are creating good running lanes for the backs.

I have no issues with the O LIne, I think Coach Wolford has been outstanding since he got here.

Just hope if Joyner is guy tomorrow he doesn't disappoint like Nunez did a few years ago against Missouri.

Hope we can run the ball well!! Pretty much means expect missou to load the box to stop the run and blitz Scar often, which should leave alot of 1 on 1 matchups for our receivers if we can just get the ball to them.

Reactions: Horseshoe 04
OL is definitely not the problem this year. They have given Bentley plenty of time...and they are creating good running lanes for the backs.
He's had an average of 3-4 seconds to throw the ball many times I counted in the Kentucky game. And he would still pull it down and run or throw into coverage. You know how many pro QB's WISH they had 3-4 seconds? 32:D

Reactions: rogue cock
I think Scarnechia is more coachable than Jake. Werner could work with him and if he played two games back to back I bet you'd see a lot of improvement. I won't expect him to come in and play mistake free because he hasn't been a 3 year starter.

Bentley locks in on a receiver. Many times he throws into double coverage when it wasn't necessary.
You would think being a coaches son this would have been coached out of him a long time ago. He isnt
the type of Qb you can have confidence in.

If Scar plays really well, and we win, then what? Hope this is the scenario, it will be an interesting discussion!

Reactions: Horseshoe 04
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT