ADVERTISEMENT

So Dabo to Texas A&M? Interesting

CCUIrmo

Jul 15, 2010
According to some reports including an ESPN report, it says Dabo is one of 4 that Texas A&M is contacting and it goes on to say "before people say dabo will not answer any phone calls" it alludes to the fact that the AD at A&M has been doing "due diligence" in replacing Sumlin which is just a mere few games away from being done.
Now I know it does not come right out and say it, but it seems as though contact has been made and perhaps Dabo answered the call. Could this mean Venables takes over in Tiger town?
Not really trying to get things started but this is just a bit of report on Football Scoop reffering to that job. It also included Patterson as one they are contacting.

According to some reports including an ESPN report, it says Dabo is one of 4 that Texas A&M is contacting and it goes on to say "before people say dabo will not answer any phone calls" it alludes to the fact that the AD at A&M has been doing "due diligence" in replacing Sumlin which is just a mere few games away from being done.
Now I know it does not come right out and say it, but it seems as though contact has been made and perhaps Dabo answered the call. Could this mean Venables takes over in Tiger town?
Not really trying to get things started but this is just a bit of report on Football Scoop reffering to that job. It also included Patterson as one they are contacting.
More likely that aTm is inquiring abt Venables (and his get back coach/rope).
He’s a Midwest guy. Wife is too.
Dabo not leaving the patch unless (maybe) Bama called.

I would assume Dabo would want $10-11 million/year to leave Clemson. Wasn't Sumlin only making $5 million? I say ONLY but that is still a heck of a lot of money. I'm not sure what Dabo's buyout would be but they're on the hook for $11+ million for Sumlin. Not sure if they can afford Dabo right now.

I would assume Dabo would want $10-11 million/year to leave Clemson. Wasn't Sumlin only making $5 million? I say ONLY but that is still a heck of a lot of money. I'm not sure what Dabo's buyout would be but they're on the hook for $11+ million for Sumlin. Not sure if they can afford Dabo right now.
A&M and Texas are two of the richest schools in the country because of all that oil money.....they could spend $50 million on a coach if they wanted to. With that said, he'd be foolish to leave dumbo-land...but I don't think I've ever heard him being called the smartest guy around.
GO COCKS!

His buyout is over $40 million I’m almost sure of. Dabo isn’t going anywhere.

A&M and Texas are two of the richest schools in the country because of all that oil money.....they could spend $50 million on a coach if they wanted to. With that said, he'd be foolish to leave dumbo-land...but I don't think I've ever heard him being called the smartest guy around.
GO COCKS!

If Dabo's buyout is $40 million, Sumlin's is $11 million and Dabo wants $10 million/year, it would cost them $60 million.

Dabo will not leave Tiger town. Dabo is treated like some kind of god up there. He could probably be pulled for doing a 100 mph through a kindergarten school zone and not even get a warning ticket. And that is no stretch at all. I have heard vendors and contractors up there provide standing offers to do work or give him expensive home items free of charge, just so they can tell other prospective clients that he is a customer. He is probably banking almost all his post-tax earnings, since he has everything provided for him.

Reactions: cocky lady
Dabo will not leave Tiger town. Dabo is treated like some kind of god up there. He could probably be pulled for doing a 100 mph through a kindergarten school zone and not even get a warning ticket. And that is no stretch at all. I have heard vendors and contractors up there provide standing offers to do work or give him expensive home items free of charge, just so they can tell other prospective clients that he is a customer. He is probably banking almost all his post-tax earnings, since he has everything provided for him.
He's set for life if he never coaches another day.

Reactions: cocky lady
He'll answer the call but let's be realistic...stay at a program you built, that has made the CFP 2 (possibly 3) yrs in a row, that has 6 (possibly 7) 10 win season on a row, that has just opened the best facilities in the nation and is recruiting out of their mind....or go to TAMU and rebuild a dumpster fire. Decisions, decisions.

GO COCKS!
That being said, it's probably not all that hard to be the smartest guy in Pickens County.

Dabo's mansion has just been completed. He aint going anywhere except to the bank when Clemson gives him a raise and an extension

I'm no coach, but I did stay at a Holiday Inn once. I think I could get to 8-10 wins at Clemson. Probably one of the easiest places to compete for conference titles. I think a zombie could coach there and win. No way does he ever leave that honey hole.

Clemson took a chance on a wide receivers coach with no OC or DC experience when they dumped Bowden. Even setting aside the fact that he has built that program over the course of ten years and has won a NC, I can't see him ever leaving Clemson. At this point, probably not even for the Bama gig.

A&M has more resources and money than any school in SC could ever wish to have. If he isn’t seriously considering it, then he is not too smart. Huge dedicated alum and fan base. Texas oil money. Buy outs and paying more than CU can for them is a drop in the bucket.

Way more positives than negatives in that situation. Plus if he did go there and produce at the same level, Alabama will definitely come calling then when Savanna goes. Right now he may be on the Bama radar, but at this moment he is not bigger than Bama.

JMHO

Dabo won't go but will interview so he gets a big raise at MooU

Reactions: anon_n4c0cp5zhdxn7
Other than Bama, he has no reason to leave. Some can continue to pull the wool over your eyes if you want, but he has built a perennial contender that kids are flocking to. He does not have to play a strong schedule to get playoff consideration. He has turned them into the ACC's version of Bama. He is making good money, and I'm sure that if Clemson thinks he may leave, will make much more. He revered up there, and works under much less pressure from boosters as he would at a place like A&M. He'd be crazy to go anywhere, including Bama.

Don't see any reason why Dabo would leave for any school not named Alabama. He has all the resources (including a local police department) in his back pocket. Why leave?
I agree who in their right mind is gonna pay his buyout at MooU ?

People know who Dabo is and it will not get him another job.

Dude please... The man has 6 (about to be 7) 10 win seasons in a row. In < 10 years he took a program that was SO inconsistent that the term Clemsoning was invented to describe it and built a program that the last 2 years went toe to toe with the undisputed best program in the country, Bama.

3/4 of the teams in the country would make pee pee in their pants if they had a chance to hire him.

Dude please... The man has 6 (about to be 7) 10 win seasons in a row. In < 10 years he took a program that was SO inconsistent that the term Clemsoning was invented to describe it and built a program that the last 2 years went toe to toe with the undisputed best program in the country, Bama.

3/4 of the teams in the country would make pee pee in their pants if they had a chance to hire him.

Has anyone actually offered him a job? Everyone knows Dabo is a figurehead coach. What do you suppose teams would be getting if they offered him their HC position...a guy who stands in front of a podium? What deep ties to assistants and coaching talent does he have? Who do you think he could offer as a staff if he leaves and goes to TAM? He couldn't.....that is the whole point. Hell if a team wants Dabo..they could do just as good to hire whatever country talking clown they have around and just go out and overpay for some assistants and they could have their own Dabo.

You will never see a situation where a real offer will be on the table and Clemson is on the clock to match it or lose him. What you will see is a coach that will try to create the illusion he is in demand by making a big deal out of every rumor. Dabo is a syphilis riddled prostitute....might look decent on the outside but nobody who sees her up close wants anything to do with her.

Hey there is nothing wrong with what Clemson has done.in fact it has many people thinking about trying to do the same thing.

Dabo is no idiot! He'd be a fool to leave Clemson now that they're propping the ACC as a credible football conference - it's set up for him where he'll win the conference title every year (may be an occasional upset but not often)! There's no way he can lose where he is because he has a cakewalk every year to the playoffs (even win he gets upset by unranked teams)! He needs to stay where he is unless they change to a REAL playoff system where teams really have to earn their position. That may take a while - he's in the best place he could ever dream!

Reactions: 92Pony
I'm no coach, but I did stay at a Holiday Inn once. I think I could get to 8-10 wins at Clemson. Probably one of the easiest places to compete for conference titles. I think a zombie could coach there and win. No way does he ever leave that honey hole.
Absolutely on the money! EASY job with lots of pay!

Dabo isn't leaving Clemson for anywhere but maybe Alabama when Nick hangs it up. And not real sure he will want to do that. But he may play up the TAMU interest for a while. Just long enough to make D Rad dig a little deeper in that pocket for another raise. Don't blame him. I'd do the same if in his position.

If you are reporting who A&M is trying to contact, throw in Saban and Belichick, as well as Tom Landry and Vince Lomardi by medium, as they all have about the same chances as Dabo of going to Texas A&M.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT