ADVERTISEMENT

So I told my wife during 1st quarter today......

Mar 12, 2016
"I turn 47 in a few days. I've watched this football program for years, and I just can't take this any more. It's too dang painful." She said, "Ok, I understand."
Then our defense and offense started scoring and playing.
I guess you could say I softened my stance a little and now think I can watch maybe a few more games.
Ha!
*sigh* Ahhh, the life (and sometimes curse) of being a lifelong Gamecock....

"I turn 47 in a few days. I've watched this football program for years, and I just can't take this any more. It's too dang painful." She said, "Ok, I understand."
I guess you could say I softened my stance a little and now think I can watch maybe a few more games.
Ha!

On about ten separate occasions over the past 3 years I have said "I am done watching this crap."

And every weekend I tune in.

I am about to turn 47 too.

I've gradually backed off following college football overall the last several years. I've grown disinterested in it overall with some of the shenanigans I've seen.

I didn't know what time the game was today until my wife told me it was on. It was already in the 2nd quarter. I was outside washing the car. I turned the radio on and listen to about half a quarter and then turned it off.

I was glad for the win. I just don't find myself that interested anymore.

Ha!

I posted on here after losing to Clemson in basketball when Thornwell had to sit out. I was done........lol..... yeah right.

Ha!

Were you & your wife, by chance, sitting in the East Upper?

Ha!
I'm older than you but you've expressed it well - it's not an easy road being a loyal Gamecock but I was always told it was building "character"! Well, if nothing else, I'm loaded with that and that's got to be a good thing LOL! Wouldn't trade it for any other team tho and I am - "Forever To Thee"!

Reactions: SumterGamecockGuy
Win or lose, I am a Gamecock fan and enjoy watching their games. Of course, they are much more enjoyable when we win but I have no problem watching a game that we are expected to lose. Sports are supposed to be fun and entertaining. I would suggest, if your life/happiness is solely based on a game, that you have no control over, played by mostly teenagers, you should take a step back an reevaluate your life/priorities. JMHO.

Go Gamecocks! Beat Tennessee!

Reactions: myrtlecock
It's like playing golf...You chase the ball around the course all day, but for one brief swing, you're just like Tiger Woods in his prime. It brings you back!

Reactions: 92Pony
Win or lose, I am a Gamecock fan and enjoy watching their games. Of course, they are much more enjoyable when we win but I have no problem watching a game that we are expected to lose. Sports are supposed to be fun and entertaining. I would suggest, if your life/happiness is solely based on a game, that you have no control over, played by mostly teenagers, you should take a step back an reevaluate your life/priorities. JMHO.

Go Gamecocks! Beat Tennessee!
Let me assure you of this: My life is certainly not based on a college football game. I've got a lot more to live for than that. I'm just making a light-hearted remark on the ups and downs of being a Gamecock fan.

Ha!

Been saying the same thing ever since I was 15, I'm 72 now and still am saying the same thing. LOL!

Reactions: Jpcooper
Let me assure you of this: My life is certainly not based on a college football game. I've got a lot more to live for than that. I'm just making a light-hearted remark on the ups and downs of being a Gamecock fan.
You don't have to explain - most of us understood what you were describing! There ARE those who DO think their football team is their very "life" (I know some from our rival team) but most fans aren't like that & I didn't take your comments to indicate that from you!

You let your wife in your man cave? You Are weak my friend! :cool:
Ha!! I hear ya. Yeah the one exception I make on man cave admittance is college football Saturday's. We have parties with friends and have a good time. Then, after the games end, we're back to just us fellows, and she is glad to go do her own thing.

You don't have to explain - most of us understood what you were describing! There ARE those who DO think their football team is their very "life" (I know some from our rival team) but most fans aren't like that & I didn't take your comments to indicate that from you!
Thanks cocky lady!

Reactions: cocky lady

Sorry if you thought that was directed at you. I would have quoted your comments if they were and your post was obviously jovial. There are a bunch on here that nonchalantly demand people to lose their job or attack 18-19 year old kids after a loss, sometimes even after a win.

Sorry if you thought that was directed at you. I would have quoted your comments if they were and your post was obviously jovial. There are a bunch on here that nonchalantly demand people to lose their job or attack 18-19 year old kids after a loss, sometimes even after a win.
It's all good. We're cool. I know what you're saying.

There are those who have mental illness where the combination of said illness and Gamecock football can be devastating. This can lead to depression, anger and isolation. I should know as my psychiatrist has told me to stop watching USC football

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT