ADVERTISEMENT

So many people on here are saying “I’m done”

1994Gamecock

Oct 26, 2019
I’m not buying it. If it really were true that a ton of people were actually done, Canceling Gamecock club memberships and season tickets, things might actually change. But it won’t happen. It hasn’t over the last 150 years and it won’t now. We accept below average teams and always have. FSU made a change because no one was showing up at the games. Great programs don’t put up with being below average. The stadium was almost full last night to watch us get beat by a non p5 school. Let that sink in.

I’m not buying it. If it really were true that a ton of people were actually done, Canceling Gamecock club memberships and season tickets, things might actually change. But it won’t happen. It hasn’t over the last 150 years and it won’t now. We accept below average teams and always have. FSU made a change because no one was showing up at the games. Great programs don’t put up with being below average. The stadium was almost full last night to watch us get beat by a non p5 school. Let that sink in.

Seriously......I AM DONE!

(At least until kickoff next week):)

I'm done....gave up our season tickets 2 years ago. Muschamp stinks.

Pretty good non-P5 school. They are the best one that has come out of the Sun Belt EVER. Not that that makes it much better, I'm still more embarrassed losing to the Tenn Dumpster fire than losing to App St. That is a far more egregious loss to a worse team.

Reactions: howard13 and Brace1
I gave up my season tickets and Gamecock club a few years back. I still made it to a couple games a year but not this year and definitely not next. The wife and I have more pleasant things to do than drive 5 hours to see this awful mess. Next year will be worse.

Done buying tickets, paying for parking, buying concessions, tailgating, etc. until there’s a change. Don’t think my done is a bluff. I’m really done with Muscrap!

Reactions: ConKreteCock
Pretty good non-P5 school. They are the best one that has come out of the Sun Belt EVER. Not that that makes it much better, I'm still more embarrassed losing to the Tenn Dumpster fire than losing to App St. That is a far more egregious loss to a worse team.
I totally disagree. Tennessee has much better athletes than App State does. There is absolutely no excuse to lose to a non p5 program. We should win just with the talent gap alone.

Reactions: uscnoklahoma2
People now are a lot different than they were in the past. We now live in an age where instant results and instant gratification is demanded by the vast majority of people.

This year Is the first year in almost 27 years that I will have not stepped into WB... I refused to spend my Saturdays watching the crap show that Chump has made us into

Were you there? I was. There were almost as many Crap State fans there as Gamecock fans. Take away the student section and military personnel and it was probably pretty close to even.

Were you there? I was. There were almost as many Crap State fans there as Gamecock fans. Take away the student section and military personnel and it was probably pretty close to even.
Absolutely not. It looked pretty full on TV though.

I am done watching our games until our administration makes the changes necessary to put a product on the field that is worth watching.

We are in year 4 of this regime and we cannot block Sun Belt level DL, we are blocked by Sun Belt level OL, we cannot run for more than 30 yards against a Sun Belt team, we have only one receiver who can catch a ball (and we over throw him when he is wide open in the enzone), special teams suck (we have nobody who can catch a punt or wants to), we make stupid mistakes at critical times and we have an OC who is maybe at the high school level of sophistication.

Reactions: Goose cock
The guy who started this thread is probably right. Ray will point to injuries, and how Muschamp needs time to build the program with stability, as a reason to keep him around. Everybody will be mad for a while and want Ray fired. Then as spring turns to summer you will see many posts in this forum proclaiming how with a year under his belt that Hilinski is now ready to be the next great QB in the country. They will look at the schedule and predict 8 wins. And then throw in possibly 9-10 if things go well. Then this time next year USC will be scrambling to be eligible for a trip to the tradition laden Belk Bowl and the whole act will start all over.

The guy who started this thread is probably right. Ray will point to injuries, and how Muschamp needs time to build the program with stability, as a reason to keep him around. Everybody will be mad for a while and want Ray fired. Then as spring turns to summer you will see many posts in this forum proclaiming how with a year under his belt that Hilinski is now ready to be the next great QB in the country. They will look at the schedule and predict 8 wins. And then throw in possibly 9-10 if things go well. Then this time next year USC will be scrambling to be eligible for a trip to the tradition laden Belk Bowl and the whole act will start all over.
Truer words have never been spoken. That is exactly how it works around here.

I am not sure why people continue to buy season tickets and join the Gamecock club anyway to support this crap show. Just show up 30 minutes before the game and pay a fraction of the cost. I sit in club level seats and never pay more than $20. I sat in covered Club level seats for the Florida game and they were given to me free right outside the stadium. I know people still want to go to the games but there is no way I would pay Gamecock club dues and all the expenses that go with it.

I think the fans have stuck it out longer than the team has. They’ve seemed to quit after the UGA game.

Reactions: Kitchenlabs
Of course there were. They are having a great season. Our season sucks.

I think the fans have stuck it out longer than the team has. They’ve seemed to quit after the UGA game.
I think they quit after the Florida game. The way they were cheated really affected them mentally. When Muschamp was still talking about it 2 days before the UT game, I knew we were in trouble.

I left the Gamecock club and stopped buying season tickets this past offseason and let the ticket office know why. Cannot support this. It’s the only way to get my voice heard. We have been willingly taken advantage of for a long time.

Did Tennessee win last night? I'm asking.

When word got out the University was considering hiring Muschamp I called the Gamecock Club and Alumni Assn and told them I would drop out of both if Muschamp was hired. On the day he was hired I dropped out of both — after 35 years as a Full Scholarship donor. Other than attending a few Women’s basketball games, I haven’t spent a penny. I truly miss the tailgating experience but not enough to waste thousands of dollars each year to see a worthless product on the field.

What? North Carolina is chopped liver?

Well, I got my invite to Caslen’s reception before the Clemson game. My RSVP says: “Sorry my money and my family will not be attending anything else related To Carolina Football until Tanner is fired and a new football coach is hired!!!“Will that help???

When I see FSU’s half empty stadium I immediately realize their fans are fair-weather front-runners.

I’m not an advocate of USC fans not showing up. Good, yet undeserved, fan support is kind of our thing. Sort of our only “thing” in football. Why lose that?

If having an empty stadium forces a change, ok - maybe you’re right. But, then what? The attractive things about the USC job today are:

1. Money. You’ll make millions and the SEC money means you should have resources to compete
2. Fan support.

If you lose fan support, the job becomes even less desirable.

Reactions: tenncock
Definitely done. Florida was the last game I’ll attend this year, and I had to leave the Gamecock Ticket group on Facebook because I couldn’t stand seeing people still wanting tickets. I felt like replying to all of them asking why?

When I see FSU’s half empty stadium I immediately realize their fans are fair-weather front-runners.

I’m not an advocate of USC fans not showing up. Good, yet undeserved, fan support is kind of our thing. Sort of our only “thing” in football. Why lose that?

If having an empty stadium forces a change, ok - maybe you’re right. But, then what? The attractive things about the USC job today are:

1. Money. You’ll make millions and the SEC money means you should have resources to compete
2. Fan support.

I definitely see what you are saying and don’t really disagree with you. I’d just like to see people be honest.
1. We love the Gamecocks
2. We love going to the games and supporting them no matter what.
3. We would like to win but if we don’t it’s ok.
4. We have never really won anything as a football program and that’s ok too.

I’m tired of every year people thinking its going to be different and it never is.

2. Fan support.

FSU fans are not fair weather fans , the just don’t accept mediocrity. They made a calculated decision to not attend games and cut off the gravy train and it worked . If a new coach doesn’t get it done they will do it again . That’s why they have multiple National Titles and we get Excited to play in the Belk Bowl . That’s what winning programs do .

FSU fans are not fair weather fans , the just don’t accept mediocrity. They made a calculated decision to not attend games and cut off the gravy train and it worked . If a new coach doesn’t get it done they will do it again . That’s why they have multiple National Titles and we get Excited to play in the Belk Bowl . That’s what winning programs do .

Do you ever see the Big House in Ann Arbor half empty? Or Notre Dame stadium? Or Nebraska? Each have been through seriously lean years and their fans show up. I don’t think any of them are fine with mediocrity.

Growing up in SC, I remember back in the 90s when FSU was the cool team and both USC and Clemson were struggling. Suddenly there were people in FSU apparel everywhere in SC. That’s their type of fans - front-runners.

Do you ever see the Big House in Ann Arbor half empty? Or Notre Dame stadium? Or Nebraska? Each have been through seriously lean years and their fans show up. I don’t think any of them are fine with mediocrity.

Growing up in SC, I remember back in the 90s when FSU was the cool team and both USC and Clemson were struggling. Suddenly there were people in FSU apparel everywhere in SC. That’s their type of fans - front-runners.

Good points . I just know living in the Panhandle and surround by FSU fans , they’re not front runners . They let their wallets and their participation do the talking for them . I have a close friend who personally “Donated” 5 figures to the “Cause” to get rid of Taggert . I saw the same thing happen in Baton Rouge with Les Miles . They just refuse to support mediocrity. I see your point with Michigan and ND but let’s be honest , a bad year for those schools is 8-4 or 9-3 .

Reactions: Legendary Cock

2. Fan support.

This perfectly sums up why we never win anything in football. FSU's fans are fairweather and you don't want to emulate that!? Why not? Have they won too many championships for your liking?

And showing support even when it's undeserved is "kind of our thing?" Well then, our thing is being losers. If we're not doing everything we can to try to win championships, what really is the point!?

And your logic regarding attracting better coaches is simply backwards.

PS- If this post was meant to be sarcastic, well done. Just use the sarcasm font next time.

Lol!

whatevah you say guvnah.

Florida State has won two titles since Michigan and Nebraska last split the AP in 1997, and 3 since Notre Dame last won it in 1988.

Any winning team has bandwagon fans. We had them for the whole four years we were worth a shit, and clemson has them all now. Bandwagon fans are a good thing to have.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT