ADVERTISEMENT

So, signed on On3, so all you freebie guys

fowl_mood

Gold Member
Oct 28, 1998
should come on over. The experience has taught me a few things:

I appreciate those internet business models that allow month by month payment. Unless absolutely necessary, no more year subscriptions for me. Cancel at any time is king.

What goes around comes around. I'm now back to my original name formatting in 1999. Not knowing what info will carry over I added some historical perspective to it. So, I am once again Fowlmood on a free board only.

The only thing that is changed is the football is a lot better!!!

Reactions: king ward
I have established my account over there as have certain others. I don't know how many of the others are some of the people on this forum who have opted for new "handles" but that is neither here nor there. What I do know is that, if this is going away at some point, some of the folks over here should get over there and get settled - and then start posting some content.

Reactions: Cola G'Cock
Last edited:
Ok, I went and set up account, but at the bottom of the page in a thread in a gray box, I see the message You have insufficient privileges to reply here.
Any ideas ?
Once you get your account set up, log out, and then log back in. Once did the trick for me. Some people have had to rinse and repeat.

Reactions: Lakecock1
So, despite the multiple threads and "clarifications" on this topic, I'm still somewhat confused.

IS this particular forum on THIS site going away for good? And is this other site basically replacing it?

Reactions: Freddie.B.Cocky
So, despite the multiple threads and "clarifications" on this topic, I'm still somewhat confused.

IS this particular forum on THIS site going away for good? And is this other site basically replacing it?

As far as anyone knows the answer is yes. Shoe owns this site. Gamecock Central is leaving rivals. So your rivals login and account info obviously won't work on the new site.

There will be probably be another gamecock site on rivals at some point. But it won't be this one.

With that said. The only ones who truly know are not currently allowed to say so it seems.

Ok, I went and set up account, but at the bottom of the page in a thread in a gray box, I see the message You have insufficient privileges to reply here.
Any ideas ?
Same here.

Edit: Fixed with king ward’s logout/login suggestion.

I appreciate those internet business models that allow month by month payment. Unless absolutely necessary, no more year subscriptions for me. Cancel at any time is king.

What goes around comes around. I'm now back to my original name formatting in 1999. Not knowing what info will carry over I added some historical perspective to it. So, I am once again Fowlmood on a free board only.

So when will any of the regular mods post an announcement that this board on rivals is shutting down? All I see is secondhand information being relayed here that no one is the least bit skeptical about.

Edit: or send an email to all active subscribers as Shoe has done in the past?

Edit #2: I did find an email from Shoe on 1/17/2022 that gave me a bunch of links (based on gamecockcentral.com) to use with instructions to SAVE THIS EMAIL. However, there was no mention of this forum moving off of Rivals. As @Dizzy01 eloquently put it, "Clear as mud."

Edit #3: I've bookmarked New Gamecocks Home? for now... just in case. You never know...

Timetable for the switch would be SUPER HELPFUL. THANKS!

Last edited:
Anyone who doesn't have other plans altogether should move on over. That platform is similar to this one once you get the hang of it..

At $1 for the first year it looks like it may be a merger of FGF and TIF. That could shape up to be interesting. BTW FM, I think On 3 can't carry over the individual data like # of likes, posts, etc. and people are not happy about that, which amuses me.

Reactions: jonesz21
So when will any of the regular mods post an announcement that this board on rivals is shutting down? All I see is secondhand information being relayed here that no one is the least bit skeptical about.

Edit: or send an email to all active subscribers as Shoe has done in the past?

Edit #2: I did find an email from Shoe on 1/17/2022 that gave me a bunch of links (based on gamecockcentral.com) to use with instructions to SAVE THIS EMAIL. However, there was no mention of this forum moving off of Rivals. As @Dizzy01 eloquently put it, "Clear as mud."

Edit #3: I've bookmarked New Gamecocks Home? for now... just in case. You never know...

Timetable for the switch would be SUPER HELPFUL. THANKS!
I’m still trying to figure out all of the mixed messaging here. So far I have picked up:

1) FGF will always be free whether here or somewhere else
2) This board of will always be available to post on for free
3) There is a new FGF on another site that you have to register for

I’m still trying to figure out all of the mixed messaging here. So far I have picked up:

Someone made a comment that no official announcement would be till February (I think) and that there's nothing that can be said till then.

I'm thinking early Feb an official announcement comes out that clears up everything in time for the move.

At $1 for the first year it looks like it may be a merger of FGF and TIF. That could shape up to be interesting. BTW FM, I think On 3 can't carry over the individual data like # of likes, posts, etc. and people are not happy about that, which amuses me.
So I'm going to have to wow everyone all over again with my posting genius? Damn!

There is no mixed messaging. FGF is free. FGF is moving. You have to register. For free.

Reactions: Flameout12
There is no mixed messaging. FGF is free. FGF is moving. You have to register. For free.
I don’t think free is the issue. That was just used as an example of the messaging. The key part of that was “here or somewhere else”.

So there are multiple FGF?

If FGF is simply moving then you wouldn’t have to reregister.

If you are registering somewhere else then that is a separate board entirely.

I don’t think free is the issue. That was just used as an example of the messaging. The key part of that was “here or somewhere else”.

So there are multiple FGF?

If FGF is simply moving then you wouldn’t have to reregister.

If you are registering somewhere else then that is a separate board entirely.

This is probably the simplest way I can break it down.

You are on gamecock central.

Gamecock central is currently a part of rivals.

You need a rivals account in order to post.

Gamecock central is leaving rivals.

Gamecock central is joining on3

You will need a on3 profile to continue posting on Gamecock central.

Reactions: Flameout12
I haven't read all of the responses in this thread but after I registered my history does not show up, e.g., number of posts, likes, etc from GCC. Is there something else I need to do?

I haven't read all of the responses in this thread but after I registered my history does not show up, e.g., number of posts, likes, etc from GCC. Is there something else I need to do?

Those are rivals stats. So unless shoe and Co have a way to manually transfer them its probably gone.

You get to "continue posting" on the new Gamecock Central. but you are starting with a completely clean slate. As IT projects go it looks like poor planning. I don't know of any community that would shrug at having their entire posting history and reputation disappear as part of a "migration" that has been in the works for months.

You get to "continue posting" on the new Gamecock Central. but you are starting with a completely clean slate. As IT projects go it looks like poor planning. I don't know of any community that would shrug at having their entire posting history and reputation disappear as part of a "migration" that has been in the works for months.
The past doesn't matter on here. The people who distinguished themselves - good or bad - will be remembered in the hereafter.

Why would your rivals data carryover to a non rivals site? I think by now most of us understand what's happening. The planning doesn't matter.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT