ADVERTISEMENT

so thats how clemtech does it....

Gonna laugh my ass off if they don't make the 2017 playoffs. That cake is a pretty good idea though.

If it's not against the rules, do it.

I guess when its the #1 recruit, certain usual talking points are off the table:
- We really want you. So does everybody.
- You will play early. He will everywhere.
- We will contend for championships. All the short list will.
- You can have your HS jersey number. ND would give him Montana's number.

Gotta find other selling points. Personal environment is a draw for some, not for all, but if that is what you sell, gotta sell it, so send cakes. Lots of cakes. And weather. Since he was stuck in Mich for several days due to blizzard conditions, I understand CU set up breakfast one morning out doors at the Walker Course. Don't just talk about the weather, do something about it.

Always a good tactic to get mom on your side.

I bet more recruits pick the school that mom wants them to pick than the one with the best facilities or academics. Never underestimate the power of mom to a 17 year old boy. Especially if they are a single parent.

Reactions: colatiger803
Latest 'odds' predicting Gary's FINAL selection (yea, they have such things)

Published AFTER his weekend visit at clemson ...

Southern Cal 18-1
Clemson 10-1
Ohio State 8-1
Alabama 5-1
Michigan 3-1

SOURCE: bleacherreport.com

Rumor is clemson's 'cake' had 8-sticks of butter in it, competing with Harbaugh's offer of a dairy farm.

Nick was moving up the chart having offered preferred IPO stock in Wickles Pickles and a Dreamland BBQ franchise. Southern Cal stubbed their toe suggesting the Trojan Club 'might' find a post-career 'investor' for a string of 'fish taco' stands in and around Pittsburgh ... "We don't eat a lot of papaya chutney up this way", it was reported Gary replied to that idea.

Notre Dame made a last-ditch push offering Gary, a Catholic - the option of suspending the Gregorian calendar, while bankrolling a Ruth's Chris and a McDonald's along with a 10-year guarantee to take their team pre-game meal steak dinners with him at home and burgers on the plane when travelling on the road - the whole shebang governed by a fixed price contract with his new enterprise containing a guaranteed COL-increase 5X's richer than the standard Social Security COLA-increase guidelines ... but it was deemed too little, too late.

Ohio State offered a crucifix tattoo and promised to change their 'silver britches' to gold lame' for home games given that's Gary's favorite color, but most insiders were speculating that Urban was fading in the stretch.

Dabo's offer to convert clemson to Catholicism and conduct the pre-game prayer in Latin was generally viewed as a sign of weakness by Gary's Momma - but she hinted any decision might still be up in the air iffin' those cakes kept coming every morning until NSD. clemson immediately bought up Duke Mayonnaise's current production capacity and they have temporarily converted the entire line to pound cake; Roger Smith's leased FedEx delivery planes are on standby up at Greer - while Nikki Haley agreed to recant her mean comments about Donald Trump, imploring the 'Donald' to permit use of one of his Sikorsky's to ferry the pound cakes over to the Gary residence once they hit the ground at Pittsburgh airport.

Should be an interesting finish-line ... ESPN film at decision-time.

clemson also has a legitimate chance of setting the all-time record for varsity athlete's enrolled in pre-trial intervention (PTI) programs given that Pickens County's DA is a 'let 'em go if they can letter' - type 'civil servant'. Every crack-dealer in Pickens County 'ought have grounds for reopening their convictions or reducing their sentences based on the record of non-action pursued against dopers wearing 'prison orange' that happens to come stenciled with a uniform number on it's back instead of the letters "PCSD".

The lack of morality present in that self-described 'god-fearing' snake-shaking part of America's contribution to earth's 3rd-world corner of our planet is mind-boggling. Incesteous, clueless and completely self-centered ... as toxic as any slum surrounding Mexico City or perched adjacent to the sewer-rivers of Thailand ... with absolutely no attempt at even tertiary treatment.

It's an honest to 'Gawd' septic tank.

Latest 'odds' predicting Gary's FINAL selection (yea, they have such things)

Published AFTER his weekend visit at clemson ...

Southern Cal 18-1
Clemson 10-1
Ohio State 8-1
Alabama 5-1
Michigan 3-1

SOURCE: bleacherreport.com

Rumor is clemson's 'cake' had 8-sticks of butter in it, competing with Harbaugh's offer of a dairy farm.

Nick was moving up the chart having offered preferred IPO stock in Wickles Pickles and a Dreamland BBQ franchise. Southern Cal stubbed their toe suggesting the Trojan Club 'might' find a post-career 'investor' for a string of 'fish taco' stands in and around Pittsburgh ... "We don't eat a lot of papaya chutney up this way", it was reported Gary replied to that idea.

Notre Dame made a last-ditch push offering Gary, a Catholic - the option of suspending the Gregorian calendar, while bankrolling a Ruth's Chris and a McDonald's along with a 10-year guarantee to take their team pre-game meal steak dinners with him at home and burgers on the plane when travelling on the road - the whole shebang governed by a fixed price contract with his new enterprise containing a guaranteed COL-increase 5X's richer than the standard Social Security COLA-increase guidelines ... but it was deemed too little, too late.

Ohio State offered a crucifix tattoo and promised to change their 'silver britches' to gold lame' for home games given that's Gary's favorite color, but most insiders were speculating that Urban was fading in the stretch.

Dabo's offer to convert clemson to Catholicism and conduct the pre-game prayer in Latin was generally viewed as a sign of weakness by Gary's Momma - but she hinted any decision might still be up in the air iffin' those cakes kept coming every morning until NSD. clemson immediately bought up Duke Mayonnaise's current production capacity and they have temporarily converted the entire line to pound cake; Roger Smith's leased FedEx delivery planes are on standby up at Greer - while Nikki Haley agreed to recant her mean comments about Donald Trump, imploring the 'Donald' to permit use of one of his Sikorsky's to ferry the pound cakes over to the Gary residence once they hit the ground at Pittsburgh airport.

Should be an interesting finish-line ... ESPN film at decision-time.
great stuff

A lot of schools do this. I think we do a chocolate chip cake. Guess we need to step up our baking game.

Capture_2.png

Capture_3.png

Last edited:
Big boy recruiting

Gary will likely go to Michigan or Clemson

Bananabama and Aubie are non factors at this point

If I had to guess he will be in Ann Arbor shivering in the cold

Do they have to send the money back if he goes to Mich? How does that sort of thing work or do they just write it off as a business expense?

Would just like to know how much money Clemson has offered this guy

I thought you could check online and see? Money in an account for him after he graduates? Didn't Clem Tech fans invent something to circumvent the rules, their were some articles a month or 2 ago to get around the NCAA.

I thought you could check online and see? Money in an account for him after he graduates? Didn't Clem Tech fans invent something to circumvent the rules, their were some articles a month or 2 ago to get around the NCAA.

Yes , we now pay all players based on their star rating. It is a very complex system that is dependent on paybacks from NFL guys based on their draft position rankings. We also have a fund set up for all local media and law enforcement agencies that keeps all the devilish things that Dabo encourages his players to do under wraps. That along with the Iptay fund that funds brainwashing techniques used on both official and un-official recruiting trips. The particular operation that you are talking about is part of our black ops, recruiting program. FYI, because it was exposed by the moron agent that created it, Clemson was forced to disavow any knowledge of the program, and there has been talk of missing persons reports.

This charade, can't continue forever, as there is absolutely nothing in those hills that would possibly appeal to a kid looking for an opportunity to get a great education and play for championships on the national stage.

The time is near for the entire house of cards to crash, yep that is what I would "bank on" if I was a rival school.

Mr Esso, this is what I was talking about, money from your fans to the players, devised by Clemson fans. NY Times

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/12/12/s...compensate-college-athletes-crowdfunding.html

Yes, I know exactly what you are talking about, if you look a bit further, you will find what Clemson's response was to these guys, and the lengths that Clemson went to keep these guys from having any association with Clemson. BTW that is a very old story, but if it makes you feel more comfortable , that is what is important.

Reactions: dcollie
"BTW that is a very old story"

= Yes, I see its from NY Times December 11, 2015, that is ancient.

"the lengths that Clemson went to keep these guys from having any association with Clemson",

= Yes, I could see that the story sites the group was advised by Clemson professor Robert McCormick has since been named interim dean of Clemson’s College of Business and Behavioral Science, great effort there by the institution.

Sorry for bringing it up on a Gamecock Message Board, how silly of me

"BTW that is a very old story"

= Yes, I see its from NY Times December 11, 2015, that is ancient.

"the lengths that Clemson went to keep these guys from having any association with Clemson",

= Yes, I could see that the story sites the group was advised by Clemson professor Robert McCormick has since been named interim dean of Clemson’s College of Business and Behavioral Science, great effort there by the institution.

Sorry for bringing it up on a Gamecock Message Board, how silly of me

No problem , apology accepted :) . I have a money drop to make , gotta run.

So, you can give a cake to a recruits mom, but baking cookies and brownies for players is an illegal "extra" benefit? That must make complete sense to someone at the NCAA...

FWIW, I think the issue of the coaches wife baking cookies for the team and it being an impermissible benefit was out of line. I guess its the "slippery slope" thing. Around that same time, someone at either Clemson or South Carolina got caught with to many hours of academic help (if I recall correctly). That seamed a little bit odd too. Even this cake thing is not a big deal in my opinion. It obviously meant something to her.

Yes , we now pay all players based on their star rating. It is a very complex system that is dependent on paybacks from NFL guys based on their draft position rankings. We also have a fund set up for all local media and law enforcement agencies that keeps all the devilish things that Dabo encourages his players to do under wraps. That along with the Iptay fund that funds brainwashing techniques used on both official and un-official recruiting trips. The particular operation that you are talking about is part of our black ops, recruiting program. FYI, because it was exposed by the moron agent that created it, Clemson was forced to disavow any knowledge of the program, and there has been talk of missing persons reports.

This charade, can't continue forever, as there is absolutely nothing in those hills that would possibly appeal to a kid looking for an opportunity to get a great education and play for championships on the national stage.

The time is near for the entire hous of cards to crash, yep that is what I would "bank on" if I was a rival school.
Esso, you said it as a joke, but how true it is. Go Cocks. Like you said " bank on it"

Reactions: BigTomE
FWIW, I think the issue of the coaches wife baking cookies for the team and it being an impermissible benefit was out of line. I guess its the "slippery slope" thing. Around that same time, someone at either Clemson or South Carolina got caught with to many hours of academic help (if I recall correctly). That seamed a little bit odd too. Even this cake thing is not a big deal in my opinion. It obviously meant something to her.

Ok, I will bite. Gary was on an official visit, where not only was Clemson paying for his trip to the school, his housing on the trip, paying for his meals , and his entertainment.

Your cookie story, was about a representative delivering cookies to the team after a practice, or something similar to that. i.e providing something to the scholarship athletes outside of the rules. Now , is it a silly rule? Yes. Would anything have ever been said about it unless USC self reported ? I kind of doubt it.

The two situations are not similar at all. Well. except both cookies and cake have some of the same baking ingredients.

Reactions: Vendetta_One
Ok, I will bite. Gary was on an official visit, where not only was Clemson paying for his trip to the school, his housing on the trip, paying for his meals , and his entertainment.

Your cookie story, was about a representative delivering cookies to the team after a practice, or something similar to that. i.e providing something to the scholarship athletes outside of the rules. Now , is it a silly rule? Yes. Would anything have ever been said about it unless USC self reported ? I kind of doubt it.

The two situations are not similar at all. Well. except both cookies and cake have some of the same baking ingredients.

I agree with you... did my post or the original one suggest a similarity? I apologize for the confusion if so.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT