ADVERTISEMENT

So the Buffalo riot squad resigned today....

What I hate about these videos, there isn't any context. What were the police in the middle of? Why did the guy run up to them? What did he say ?
Media LOVES shit like this.

So what should they have done? Let the man stand in they're faces and harrass them while they are trying to keep them protestors/rioters in order? Should they have gotten on one knee?
What should they have done?

An elderly gentlemen approaches an advancing riot police force, the police instruct him to moved back, he refuses to obey. They advance, he is pushed as they moved forward. I didn’t see excessive force used, but the gentleman did fall backwards and hit is head and was bleeding. Some cops wanted to stop and help, some we’re on their radio (not audible) but I assume requesting medical attention. The police continued their advancement as directed. Appears someone is kneeling next to him at the end of the video.

That is what I saw.

1. Served in the military. Advancing old grannies or young children have killed many GIs because that allowed them to innocently advance. BOOM - DEAD! I’m not saying this gentleman had any ill intentions. I’m saying he didn’t follow instructions and the police couldn’t assume his intentions.

2. He was pushed, lightly, to get him to comply. I assume his age and unsteadiness caused him to fall after taking multiple steps backward after the push as shown by the video.

3. Could someone on the police have been more compassionate and helped him when he fell? Certainly. Did he deserve to be engaged for being disorderly and preventing the police actions? Absolutely.

4. People are mad because he is an elderly man that was pushed and fell. That should have zero impact. Every American 0-150 years of age has a right to protest. However, you must accept the consequences of your actions when you don’t obey lawful instructions. Would there be outcry if a 30 year old man did the same thing, but was physical stable enough not to fall? That happens every night across multiple cities to address crowd control.

5. Use the rule of contributory negligence. The protester initiated the engagement (video demonstrated), the police responded with a push to disengage the protester, the protester stumbled and fell (apparently) due to his physical instability. At minimum, the protester is 66% negligent in the altercation if you believe the police purposely push him as a harassment tactic. At maximum, the protester is 100% negligent as he initiated the engagement CAUSING the police reaction. Either way, overwhelming negligence rest with the protester. Sorry he was injured and hope he is OK, but his negligent actions led to and directly impacted him being injured.

Oof. Would you tell that to your grandfather in the same situation? Your daughter when raped? A black man when murdered in the street? This is your Christian Conservative Right--victim blaming.

What was that story about the Samaritan? I think it went something like four cops in riot gear knocked an unarmed 75-year old on his ass and as he bled from his ears the passerbys said: "Use some common sense next time!"

If I saw a cop do that to my dad in front of me? That shit is like attempted murder on someone that old.
Self righteous morons are why I’m amazed people still continue to be or aspire to be policemen.

Here's the video, since we're talking about it. Also don't forget that they lied about it until the video came out, saying he tripped. That makes them, imho, absolute pieces of shit. Should not be on a police force, and are an embarrassment to those who are.

Wow! So you posted a video that shows you're a liar? I admire that.

Defund the police? Abolish ICE? Are these people sarcastic, crazy or stupid?

What happens when you don’t have an effective police presence? Lawlessness. The strong survive and the weak are marginalized.

I’ve been to fun places and/or had friends that did that had no effective police force. Maybe you have heard of some of the places - Somalia, Afghanistan, Iraq, Bosnia, France, Mexico. There are many others.

Many on here are probably most familiar with Mexico. Who controls their streets? Drug cartels, vigilantes, or other hired hands. Disobey or don’t pay your “dies” then you are exterminated from the Earth. And, the Mexican police (or Army) try to combat this but are killed in alarming numbers by these groups and corruption is rampant. But they are killing Mexicans or tourists so it doesn’t matter.

The other countries I mentioned - worse.

Guess we go back to the wild west days, less the sheriff. Just shoot and kill whoever you want. After all, you may not like them. Oh wait, there will be community activist Peace officers to control everything. That is cover for the term “warlords.”

We are not a society yet (and there never has been in the history of the civilized world) where we can police ourselves and live in harmony.

Defund the police? Abolish ICE? Are these people sarcastic, crazy or stupid?

What happens when you don’t have an effective police presence? Lawlessness. The strong survive and the weak are marginalized.

I’ve been to fun places and/or had friends that did that had no effective police force. Maybe you have heard of some of the places - Somalia, Afghanistan, Iraq, Bosnia, France, Mexico. There are many others.

Many on here are probably most familiar with Mexico. Who controls their streets? Drug cartels, vigilantes, or other hired hands. Disobey or don’t pay your “dies” then you are exterminated from the Earth. And, the Mexican police (or Army) try to combat this but are killed in alarming numbers by these groups and corruption is rampant. But they are killing Mexicans or tourists so it doesn’t matter.

The other countries I mentioned - worse.

Guess we go back to the wild west days, less the sheriff. Just shoot and kill whoever you want. After all, you may not like them. Oh wait, there will be community activist Peace officers to control everything. That is cover for the term “warlords.”

We are not a society yet (and there never has been in the history of the civilized world) where we can police ourselves and live in harmony.

Thanks to these idiots, I'm buying stocks like SWBI, VSTO, RGR,

Suggestion
Keep a respectable distance from riot control police and you’ll probably not get pushed down. I wish for a speedy recovery for the older man. Cops have the toughest job and I don’t see all the complainers signing up to do their job. Everyday you strap on your gun, taser, pepper spray etc and hope you don’t have to use them. Imagine tribal countries with war lords and gangs. That’s what you get without these brave souls, God bless those that serve to protect us.

Reactions: BigTomE
It's just a matter of time before the most perceived elitist sporting venues in America, country clubs, are defaced, plowed up and destroyed. What better symbol for the cause. So, enjoy it while you can.
Since my club has open membership and a lot of minority involvement, maybe we get a pass. If we were in a large city in easy reach of these "Protesters", I would be less sanguine. I see that, in Chicago, they have burned almost all the grocery stores they themselves rely on. That made a lot of sense to me.

Whoooa there buddy, don't hurt yourself with those verbal acrobatics! "Pushed the older gentleman who eventually fell?" WTF man this guy was literally bleeding from the ears after four police officers knocked his ass down.

It is pretty amazing that people in this thread continue to blame the victims.

I thought Republicans were the party of stand your ground, don't take my rights, don't tell me what to do? It seems so selective. The same crowd that won't shut the **** up about the 2A (which is in part about protecting yourself from government, yeah?) seems to care nothing about abuse of power by government, so long as the goose-steppers are on their side.

Great points.

here is what the posters aren’t telling you. His name is Martin Gugino. He has cancer and has been undergoing treatment.

He is a well known local activist. Police know him well in the area. He is a member of PUSH Buffalo and Western New York Peace Center. He’s widely known in the area as a peaceful person and a frequent protestor for at least 10 years.

any officer thinking he was a threat with a phone in his hand should not working the streets and encountering people. I’m glad the officers resigned from the riot squad. That’s good for all. Now others can join.

as stated before, if one was dumb enough to think him a threat, they should have quickly detained him (given the dozens of officers there that should have been easy) or arrest him, not shove and obviously frail 75 year old man backwards.

Great points.

here is what the posters aren’t telling you. His name is Martin Gugino. He has cancer and has been undergoing treatment.

He is a well known local activist. Police know him well in the area. He is a member of PUSH Buffalo and Western New York Peace Center. He’s widely known in the area as a peaceful person and a frequent protestor for at least 10 years.

any officer thinking he was a threat with a phone in his hand should not working the streets and encountering people.

as stated before, if one was dumb enough to think him a threat, they should have quickly detained him (given the dozens of officers there that should have been easy) or arrest him, not shove and obviously frail 75 year old man backwards.
I agree that he should have been handled differently. Now, as to the details of the difference, we diverge.

It is pretty amazing that people in this thread continue to blame the victims.

So, if in a volatile situation, I came up to you, when you clearly communicated that you did not want that to happen, and put my hands on you and you pushed me, you are at fault?

I guess all those people at the White House the other day pushing on the Secret Service were really violent offenders and not peaceful protesters.

The double standards of the left are just mind blowing.

And if they would have handled it differently, the same whiny ass liberal crybabies would be here claiming "See, the police treat white people better".

Nothing but perennially offended crybabies that aren't happy unless they have something to moan and bitch about.

Sorry, you're right, it was 3 to 1.

"Not being to agile fell back."

What the actual ****. When someone gets raped do you say, "Not being quick enough they got ****ed."
Just watched it again and you are exaggerating the heck out of the situation. It was a quick shove by 1 policeman whom you could tell didn't mean to knock him down, because he wanted to stop and help him.. The other policeman told him to keep going and then radioed for medics.

And see here is the problem. If you are RIOT POLICE and you are "on edge" (lol) from getting pelted with bricks, rocks, and frozen water bottles, it's time to find a new line of work. Professional law enforcement don't enter situations like that "on edge" and let their emotions dictate their actions.

Perhaps it's time to defund the riot police and just train the regular police to be less on edge when people throw things on them.
Bro, throwing a brick at someone is attempted murder.. What if the police were throwing bricks back at protesters instead of pushing them back? Would that be cool with you?

Exactly. Biggest issue is people who don’t have the comprehension or common sense to understand when they are being spoon-fed bs by the media
Truth^^^ The thing is, it only takes a 2 minute Google search to debunked this bs media hoax

Oh I would be very on edge getting hit by that shit! That's why I'm not in the ****ing riot police.

I think paid professional law enforcement under taxpayer dollars should be a whole lot better at "jacking someone up" than a middle school bully. God, they might even have the training just to stop, spin the guy around, and throw zip ties on him.
What exactly would you have them do when people are throwing bricks at them, run up to them and TICKLE MONSTER them to the ground.

Bro, throwing a brick at someone is attempted murder.. What if the police were throwing bricks back at protesters instead of pushing them back? Would that be cool with you?
Expro 19 you have summed it up perfectly. There is no way possible to make these Liberal people happy. GOD almighty couldn't make them happy. They want everything for nothing. I guess everyone is "ENTITLED" to a free lunch everyday. I have had enough of this entitled mentality. Get off your butts and earn it.

Expro 19 you have summed it up perfectly. There is no way possible to make these Liberal people happy. GOD almighty couldn't make them happy. They want everything for nothing. I guess everyone is "ENTITLED" to a free lunch everyday. I have had enough of this entitled mentality. Get off your butts and earn it.
I'm with you 100%.... This crap is getting old quick. Attacking people, looting business, and constantly calling people racist isn't sitting well with the majority of people. They said last night that they won't leave the streets until they get everything they want. This is going to back fire on Democrats and I'm very happy about that.. I hope that the Democrats stick to the DEFUND THE POLICE mantra and add it to their platform. It will be the death of the Democrat party imo.

Barely touched him. And the lunatics on the left will demand they be charged with murder if he dies.

Not
So what should they have done? Let the man stand in they're faces and harrass them while they are trying to keep them protestors/rioters in order? Should they have gotten on one knee?
What should they have done?

Even if it wasnt their intent for him to fall, they should have helped him after he fell, hit his head, and blood started gushing out of his ear.

I'm with you 100%.... This crap is getting old quick. Attacking people, looting business, and constantly calling people racist isn't sitting well with the majority of people. They said last night that they won't leave the streets until they get everything they want. This is going to back fire on Democrats and I'm very happy about that.. I hope that the Democrats stick to the DEFUND THE POLICE mantra and add it to their platform. It will be the death of the Democrat party imo.

You conveniently left out "peacefully protesting"...Hate to tell you but majority of the people are with the movement for addressing the inequality and systematic racism that has been going on in this country for a long time. You best believe this movement will be carried to the ballot boxes across America.

You conveniently left out "peacefully protesting"...Hate to tell you but majority of the people are with the movement for addressing the inequality and systematic racism that has been going on in this country for a long time. You best believe this movement will be carried to the ballot boxes across America.
Who are you putting on the side of racism?

These police officers had probably been working grossly long shifts and were not in the mood for an old man to confront them. Grandpa should have stayed home.

Reactions: jeff2001

Or--picture this! Police are murdering people in the streets in broad daylight on camera. Police are kicking down doors and murdering innocent people sleeping in their own beds. Police are going to the wrong apartments and murdering the people inside without a second thought. God, can you imagine and state-sanctioned police force behaving in such a manner?

Defending common sense gets you no where here. I see hate and venom towards one man no matter what he does. They make up things and call it the truth. I posted a message about having a walking protest for a black fallen police veteran of 38 years, a father and grandfather, who was murdered while protecting a business in St. Louis, David Dorn and the message was deleted. Another 53 year old black federal officer was killed in California, Dave Underwood. There needs to be attention to these brave men and our University needs to step up and make people aware of that. I guess that doesn't fit the narrative. With that fellow conservatives, I will take a break from this. I hope it doesn't get deleted before some read it. Godspeed to all.

Reactions: Silver_Coconut
Or--picture this! Police are murdering people in the streets in broad daylight on camera. Police are kicking down doors and murdering innocent people sleeping in their own beds. Police are going to the wrong apartments and murdering the people inside without a second thought. God, can you imagine and state-sanctioned police force behaving in such a manner?
Is this the norm, or is it a small percentage?

Systematic racism is a Farce.. The only racism in this country is perpetrated by a miniscule amount of just bad people.. Give me some numbers that supports your argument... You have been told this lie for so long that you have to believe it but the fact don't support it.

Is this the norm, or is it a small percentage?

Call me "conservative" but I prefer my state police to be so small and well-managed that zero innocent people are murdered in their own homes. I mean, that's an achievable goal. It's called knocking.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT