ADVERTISEMENT

So, what are you doing to prepare for the possible

1vagamecock

Feb 5, 2011
Greatest depression this country has ever seen?
Hope it doesn't happen but people cant stay at home for 2 months or more with millions being laid off,and millions yet to come, without terrible consequences.
I have started a garden and plan on hunting more.
I will also start canning vegetables and meats.

The Clemson Agricultural Extension requested that you send in a soil sample.

Ha! Reminds me of the joke about the guy that wanted to start a chicken farm.

A farmer goes into a farm supply store and orders two hundred chicks, explaining to the owner that he wants to start a chicken farm. Two weeks later, he returns to the store and buys another two hundred chicks. The owner is curious, but doesn't say anything. The same thing happens when the farmer returns in another two weeks for another two hundred chicks. When he returns for the fourth time, the owner's curiosity is too much for him, so he asks the farmer why he keeps coming back for so many chicks. The farmer says, "Well, I guess I must be doing something wrong, but I don't know what. I think I'm either planting them too deep or too close together."

Frustrated by his lack of success, the farmer sends off a report of what he has done to the clemmons agricultural extension, asking for advice. Three weeks later, the reply comes back, saying simply, "Please send soil sample."

Reactions: 1vagamecock
I'm buying a box of Titleists every 10 days or so.

You lose that many balls? NM - asked and answered.

Seriously though - have you tried the low compression golf balls? Titleist DT TruSoft and Callaway Tour Soft. I really like them - especially when the weather is cold. In the heat it doesn't matter much.

You lose that many balls? NM - asked and answered.

Seriously though - have you tried the low compression golf balls? Titleist DT TruSoft and Callaway Tour Soft. I really like them - especially when the weather is cold. In the heat it doesn't matter much.
I play the DT TruSoft and like it. Senior golfers need to get the ball to go forward, not backward. Lately, I've gotten the TruFeel. I believe it's comparable. It might even be a replacement.

Hope it doesn't happen but people cant stay at home for 2 months or more with millions being laid off,and millions yet to come, without terrible consequences.

Meditation & Breathwork. Sunlight & Grounding. Movement & Exercise. Trading/Investments. Nutritious Meal Prep. Staying Connected w/ Friends (from afar for now) & Reading. Quality Sleep.

Reactions: howard13
I am not doing anything to prepare.

I’m mentally preparing for Muschamp being our coach for the foreseeable future. No way we will be able to afford his buyout if we go into a depression.

Reactions: Ragin Rooster
Actually debt wouldnt matter if all hell broke loose. Those that were in debt out the butt would be better off than those who had wealth Wealthy lose all, others dont ever pay $hit.

True debt isnt only thing. Got land, protection, beef cattle and huge garden plot. That's what really matters if it hits the fan....

Reactions: Cybercock
All I know is I lost my job of almost 10 years as a direct result . I figure when it’s all said and done I’ll be lucky to keep my home if things keep going this way . It totally sucks but what can you do but just keep plowing ahead . My entire region is built on tourism and with the bars , resorts , restaurants and now beaches shut down I can honestly say more of the town is unemployed than working . It’s some scary s&@t honestly . I figure if this continues another few months things are gonna get pretty wild . Just don’t come looting in my neighborhood because we are all locked and loaded .

All I know is I lost my job of almost 10 years as a direct result . I figure when it’s all said and done I’ll be lucky to keep my home if things keep going this way . It totally sucks but what can you do but just keep plowing ahead . My entire region is built on tourism and with the bars , resorts , restaurants and now beaches shut down I can honestly say more of the town is unemployed than working . It’s some scary s&@t honestly . I figure if this continues another few months things are gonna get pretty wild . Just don’t come looting in my neighborhood because we are all locked and loaded .
I pray this situation turns around! I do truly fear what we will be leaving my Grandkids.

Reactions: Cybercock
Slowly watching more and more people getting laid off every day. I hope it's over by May, If not I cant see a recovery until next year at the earliest.

I had just got off the phone with Curtis Loftis when I posted, so I knew it was coming down at 4pm news conference. He had told me it would be every possible business you could think of.
Yes actually tomorrow, per 4pm McMasters declaration.
The decision to close the Springs courses has been made, but it was a corporate decision not under the aegis of the Governor's directive. Obviously, there might be subsequent proscriptions.
ATTENTION SPRINGS GOLFERS:
As the Coronavirus threat has developed over the last several weeks, we have taken a multitude of steps to protect our staff and the playing public. We appreciate your support of our golf operations as we have changed our procedures to ensure the safety of all.

Despite the precautions we have taken, many of our staff positions conduct transactions with the public which have been difficult to isolate. As a result, we have made the difficult decision to suspend operations at all four Springs Golf courses, effective the end of the day today (April 1, 2020). Maintenance operations will continue.

Again, we appreciate your support. It is difficult to close the courses as we enter the prime season for golf, but the safety of our staff, members, and the general public is our focus today.

Leroy Springs & Company, Inc.

Incidentally, I have a 1:10 tee time on tomorrow (Friday) afternoon at a course in a neighboring town. That speaks to the current extent of quarantine regulations and nothing more. I will not be commenting further.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT