ADVERTISEMENT

So? What do you think of Shane Beamer?

Here the litmus test . Say what you want about ECU , we should beat them handily . Any SEC team not coached by Will Muschamp should win that game . If we are at least Competitive with UGA I’ll be a believer . By competitive I mean within 2 TDs . If they drop 50 on us the first two W’s mean nothing at all . If we battle and at least keep it close into the 4th we might have something .

A breath of fresh air. Seen many games against such opponents where the Cocks played down to the competition but not this game. Also enjoyed the enthusiasm of the coaches and players...it seemed genuine. Good chemistry can lead to an upset or two.
We beat Charleston Southern 72-10 in 2019 and they were a much better team than Eastern Illinois.

Why are we pretending the performance last night was an outlier?

We beat Charleston Southern 72-10 in 2019 and they were a much better team than Eastern Illinois.
Oh really?
oh-really-hmph.gif

I'll admit, the crowd at my house was too rowdy to take careful notice of this game - at least of the details. I'll watch a replay later this week.

But we beat a team we should have beaten quite handily without our starting QB and RB. Overall, I would give us a solid B.

I like this staff - a lot. They are going to be successful if they can recruit.

Here the litmus test . Say what you want about ECU , we should beat them handily . Any SEC team not coached by Will Muschamp should win that game . If we are at least Competitive with UGA I’ll be a believer . By competitive I mean within 2 TDs . If they drop 50 on us the first two W’s mean nothing at all . If we battle and at least keep it close into the 4th we might have something .
Disagree a bit here. Should we beat ECU , hopefully we will not be taken to the woodshed by Georgia. But even if that does happen:
1) we are 2-1 with Troy and Vandy that should be sure wins
2) win those, we have four wins and we still have the yearly toss up games with Kentucky, Tennessee, and Mizzou.
3) win two of those, and this team sits at 6-6. Not great, I know. But it will give Beamer proof that he is improving the program to recruits.

Taking any win around here is the problem. You beat a horrific team as a 40 pt favorite at home and suddenly some seem to think the corner has been turned. I have no doubt that Muschamp, or even Brad Scott or Richard Bell, would have rolled that team. Means nothing. Play somebody with a pulse and we will see
You are full of it.

Taking any win around here is the problem. You beat a horrific team as a 40 pt favorite at home and suddenly some seem to think the corner has been turned. I have no doubt that Muschamp, or even Brad Scott or Richard Bell, would have rolled that team. Means nothing. Play somebody with a pulse and we will see
I don't think anybody over the age of 12 is under any illusion that the corner has been turned.

I get your point, but to be fair in the past we’ve struggled to win games like this, didn’t matter who the HBC was.

Special teams looked good, we showed aggression on offense, played a lot of guys, played good defense, and AFAIK we came out of the game pretty healthy.

Why be negative? Looks like we have a lot of positives to work from.
He is negative, because we won.

Success should not always be measured in wins and losses. When the camera focused on Beamer as the team was waiting to enter the field, the excitement on his face was very telling. He looked to be taking it all in, and telling himself "I can't believe this is really happening".
I believe Beamer will be successful. I'm certainly supporting him.

Reactions: TAV31
OL underwhelmed. Very concerned they did not dominate the LOS. The one big takeaway for me is that the D did not seem to be out of position much, and the first group tackled better than we have seen in a while.
I agree. Winning 4 is the ceiling right now unless that OL gets better. E. Illinois is a garbage team. I was shocked we couldn't blow them off the ball. Our WR group is still a concern as well. A lot of thing to improve before we go on the road to ECU.

Reactions: GarnetBeamer
OL underwhelmed. Very concerned they did not dominate the LOS. The one big takeaway for me is that the D did not seem to be out of position much, and the first group tackled better than we have seen in a while.

Some are dismissing b/c their d-line is small and quick. Well, UGA's line is big and quick. You are right, we should have been much better push on the OL.

I'm sure Beamer is well aware. Unfortunately, there's not a lot that can be done about it.

For an opening game, I thought we looked a lot less sluggish than many openers we have had.
Never got a sense our QB seemed overwhelmed by the moment which was good to see. D looked better than I'd hoped.

Like the excitement on the sideline.

Too many third and longs on offense but we did ok considering that. If the most improvement is always made between week one and two, I look forward to seeing what the coaches can do going forward.
Overall pleased. I believe this team could beat last year's team. That's always a good place to be starting from.

This was the main thing that stuck out to me. We put ourselves in a number of bad down/distance situations that we probably don't convert in SEC play.
Yeah, probably not a bad year to be having two non conference games before conference play.

Reactions: GarnetBeamer
There were times I wondered how lousy the game would be if Muschamp teams played against air, much less a team they should steam roll.

Reactions: uscnoklahoma2
Are you kidding? FAU has quite a lot of speed. They would thrash EIU!

Nope, not kidding. Florida is supposed to be the 2nd best team in the SEC East and they.did not look good. With that said they should have beaten FAU much worse. Florida has no problem running up scores on teams. It was not a good game for them, but it was not because of anything FAU was able to do. Also, we did thrash EIU.

I never said that. Typical of your posts though. As good as those 11-2 teams were we never shut out an opponent. Nice way to start the season, doing something for the first time since 2008.
We have some on here, who think we didnt play well......ridiculous
4 TDs passes
260 rushing
2 sacks
2 blocked punts
1 defensive TD
2 INTs
0 points allows

Reactions: Coppertopp
We have some on here, who think we didnt play well......ridiculous
4 TDs passes
260 rushing
2 sacks
2 blocked punts
1 defensive TD
2 INTs
0 points allows
8 penalties. That’s gotta be cleaned up and fast.

Why are we pretending the performance last night was an outlier?
Who's pretending? No one's referring to the final score but how the game progressed. Not sure why that's difficult to understand. 🤔

I never said that. Typical of your posts though. As good as those 11-2 teams were we never shut out an opponent. Nice way to start the season, doing something for the first time since 2008

Why walk back your comments?

Clearly if it's something we didn't do back then, we must be better now.

Pros:

1. We pitched a shutout. Always a good thing.

2. The defense played fast and physical. For the first time since Muschamp stained our sideline, they looked like a cohesive unit.

3. Beamer Ball. Two blocked punts. Love it.

4. White. The man played like his hair was on fire and his ass was catching.

Cons:

1. The OL. It was hard watching them give up so much pressure up the middle. Considering the were supposed to be a strength -- again -- that was very disappointing.

2. Penalties. Got to clean that up. Simple as that.

3. (Hopefully just a minor one.) Lloyd. I was hoping for so much more against an inferior opponent. He had a couple of flashes, but overall just underwhelmed IMO. I don't know his final numbers, just that it felt like it should've been better. Of course, this could be tied to No. 1.

On replay, Muse definitely held. I guess my complaint is, they never see that subtle of a hold against UGA/UF/Taters/etc. They even miss blatant pull the jersey off our defensive ends or DBs by the other team. It appears almost an intentional no call.

Anyone remember the UF guy pulling our DBs jersey all the way down the sideline a few years back in in plain view. It was almost like the UF player was flaunting the hold for around 35 yards. They can't see those. They can't see the illegal picks on UF and such, but they called poor E Illinois for one. They never miss one of ours, even if no contact was made they call it.

Sorry, the refs from 40 years ago were better than today's refs.
It was a false start on that play against Florida and a hold right in his face. Two pick plays but they had the nerve to call hold on Jaycee Horn when he caught an interception smh refs just doesn’t like us, remember the ref tackling Garcia?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT