ADVERTISEMENT

Someone please explain how Beamer was an upgrade over Muschamp?

I will add that I'll support Beamer and the team going forward but there was no reason for a coaching change if the results are still missing bowls and losing to Clemson (this year they were not good).

I will add that I'll support Beamer and the team going forward but there was no reason for a coaching change if the results are still missing bowls and losing to Clemson (this year they were not good).
Clemson was weird this year. Absolutely horrible offense because of no receiver and one of the worst offensive lines in the country. They might have the best defense in the country. Averages out to like a top 15-20 team.

But agree outside of that. Muschamp was probably better all around.

Not an upgrade but satisfied some supporters who thought a change needed to be made.

Agreed.

It highlights the problem of change for changes sake. If it's time to make a change, the idea should be to improve the situation, not just be able to say you did "something".

Reactions: uscwatson21
Clemson was weird this year. Absolutely horrible offense because of no receiver and one of the worst offensive lines in the country. They might have the best defense in the country. Averages out to like a top 15-20 team.

Clemsons D is "ok". They don't lose many players. But they won't be lclems of past.They still have a terrible qb.

Unfortunately we are going worse. more than likely next season.

If we had Muschamp we would have lost by 40. Beamer isn’t great but he’s done more with less and already has more wins against Clemson.

Muschamp had nfl talent all over the place and couldn’t win. No one is ever going to offer that clown a head coaching gig again.

If we had Muschamp we would have lost by 40. Beamer isn’t great but he’s done more with less and already has more wins against Clemson.

Muschamp had nfl talent all over the place and couldn’t win. No one is ever going to offer that clown a head coaching gig again.
I agree about Muschamp....but...no decent school will offer Beam'n'coke either. He is a cheerleader/nepto baby.

I agree about Muschamp....but...no decent school will offer Beam'n'coke either. He is a cheerleader/nepto baby.
I’m not here to sunshine pump about Beamer but Muschamp has more experience and is worse at it.

We beat the taters last year and handed them a gift last night. Muschamp is the reason this program is in such a $hit hole.

The transfer portal and Rattler gave us some momentum, but the reality is this team didn’t have a lot of talent. Rattler, Legette, Juice (who played about 6 plays this year) and Debo. That’s the talent. That’s it. That won’t cut it.

For all the crap thrown at Clayton White at least the defense progressed as the season went along. The offense was brutal. The touchdown we scored was such a bad play call. Who runs a reverse on fourth and 1 at the 1. Should have been a 5 yard loss. The fumble at the beginning was a bad play call too. Even if executed perfectly, it might have got us 2 yards. Line can’t block. Rattler never had a chance. No adjustments. No creativity. Just bad.

I don't think their defense is that amazing. They had three down linemen on many plays daring us to pass and knowing they would get qb pressure. Our o-line can't block. Same story every year.

Reactions: Gamecockben1979

Muschamp never got to play a Clemson team this bad.

When they hired Shane Beamer my enthusiasm died for our football team. The hope of seeing greatness from our program evaporated from my mind, and all I could think about is being another Gamecock fan who passed away hoping we can make it over the top. It’s a sad reality to live in but I knew; I had no choice when Beamer ball came to Columbia. 🙁

When they hired Shane Beamer my enthusiasm died for our football team. The hope of seeing greatness from our program evaporated from my mind, and all I could think about is being another Gamecock fan who passed away hoping we can make it over the top. It’s a sad reality to live in but I knew; I had no choice when Beamer ball came to Columbia. 🙁
I support him because he's the coach but feel your pain. If you go back to my posts even when Spurrier left I was strongly opposed to Beamer as head coach (his name was being tossed in the hat then) and when Muschamp was fired. Always thought he needed to prove his ability to be a head coach at a smaller school first instead of being handed an SEC job. He was never even a coordinator.

I can't say the enthusiasm completley died for me, but there was a distinct notion of "settling". It was like admitting we're not going to keep reaching higher, and just have fun where we are.

In fairness the 22/23 Clemson teams would have been run off the field by those Clemson teams Muschamp faced

I can't say the enthusiasm completley died for me, but there was a distinct notion of "settling". It was like admitting we're not going to keep reaching higher, and just have fun where we are.
Had a chance to land Jamey Chadwell before he becomes big time and ole Ray said no thanks.

A decision that will haunt us for decades

Had a chance to land Jamey Chadwell before he becomes big time and ole Ray said no thanks.

A decision that will haunt us for decades

There may be another chance if the stars align in a year or two.

There may be another chance if the stars align in a year or two.
Nope. That chance is GONE. He just turned down Mississippi State (again he wants to stay in NC/SC/TN/VA area). Rumor is Syracuse is making a strong pitch but doubtful. My guess is hes gonna wait on Va Tech, or his dream job Tennessee. Or maybe UNC once Mack Brown retires.

But we had a chance and Ray shut the door in his face. And we will look back and regret it, and thank Ray Tanner for it

Last edited:
Reactions: bayrooster
Nope. That chance is GONE. He just turned down Mississippi State (again he wants to stay in NC/SC/TN/VA area). Rumor is Syracuse is making a strong pitch but doubtful. My guess is hes gonna wait on Va Tech, or his dream job Tennessee. Or maybe UNC once Mack Brown retires.

But we had a chance and Ray shut the door in his face.

I'm not aware of how hard that door was shut in his face. But if the stars really align, Ray won't be the AD hiring him, and maybe he hasn't jumped yet when our job becomes open.

Heupel will outlast Beamer. He's actually in a bowl as a ranked team in a "down" year.

I wonder if Mack will leave in a year or two?

I'm not aware of how hard that door was shut in his face. But if the stars really align, Ray won't be the AD hiring him, and maybe he hasn't jumped yet when our job becomes open.

Heupel will outlast Beamer. He's actually in a bowl as a ranked team in a "down" year.

Heupel could always pull a Kiffin and bail haha. Tennessee wears on coaches who don’t bleed their colors.

Chadwell was ready to come here and excited about it and heard Ray cold shouldered him in talks. The big donors wouldnt go for “a Coastal Carolina guy” taking over. I dont see him moving back to South Carolina in any way, hes an East Tennessee native, I bet he keeps his family up around there now. Hell
Maybe he replaces Mark Stoops at Kentucky if Stoops goes to A&M?

Reactions: Lurker123
Heupel could always pull a Kiffin and bail haha. Tennessee wears on coaches who don’t bleed their colors.

Chadwell was ready to come here and excited about it and heard Ray cold shouldered him in talks. The big donors wouldnt go for “a Coastal Carolina guy” taking over. I dont see him moving back to South Carolina in any way, hes an East Tennessee native, I bet he keeps his family up around there now. Hell
Maybe he replaces Mark Stoops at Kentucky if Stoops goes to A&M?

I can't take that Stoops to A&M talk seriously. Maybe I'm wrong, but that would be so underwhelming of a hire.

I can't take that Stoops to A&M talk seriously. Maybe I'm wrong, but that would be so underwhelming of a hire.
I can see it. A&M needs long term stability, and a physical run game and OL/DL. Stoops can do that. Plus the Stoops name carries well in Texas HS recruiting due to Bobs days at OU. I actually think he would do incredibly well at A&M with the talent they can aquire. No one can deny how much better he made Kemtucky as a program

Lane Kiffin @ USC = 8-5; 10-2; 7-6; 3-2 (FIRED at the Airport, Not allowed to ride the team bus back.)
Jimbo Fisher @ Texas A&M = 9-4; 8-5; 9-1; 8-4; 5-7; 6-4 (FIRED. $77.5 MILLION Buyout.)
Dan Muller @ Florida = 10-3; 11-2; 8-4; 5-6 (FIRED.)
Brian Harsin @ Auburn = 6-7; 3-5; (FIRED at the end of October second year)
Ed Orgeron @ LSU = 6-2; 9-4; 10-3; 15-0 (NC); 5-5; 6-6 (Agrees to resign)
Shane Beamer @ Carolina = 7-6; 8-5 ($3.375 MILLION RAISE >122%); 5-7.

Was too lazy to bring up Willie Muschamp, Frank Martin, and Dave N.I.T. Odom but, do you notice how long some other schools give their coaches to turn it around?

Since Shane is such an Ass-Patter & Player Huger, considering this year's results, shouldn't he consider giving back about $3+ Million of that raise! I mean, he's the one who swears how much he wants to be here & how much he loves Carolina.

Lane Kiffin @ USC = 8-5; 10-2; 7-6; 3-2 (FIRED at the Airport, Not allowed to ride the team bus back.)
Jimbo Fisher @ Texas A&M = 9-4; 8-5; 9-1; 8-4; 5-7; 6-4 (FIRED. $77.5 MILLION Buyout.)
Dan Muller @ Florida = 10-3; 11-2; 8-4; 5-6 (FIRED.)
Brian Harsin @ Auburn = 6-7; 3-5; (FIRED at the end of October second year)
Ed Orgeron @ LSU = 6-2; 9-4; 10-3; 15-0 (NC); 5-5; 6-6 (Agrees to resign)
Shane Beamer @ Carolina = 7-6; 8-5 ($3.375 MILLION RAISE >122%); 5-7.

Was too lazy to bring up Willie Muschamp, Frank Martin, and Dave N.I.T. Odom but, do you notice how long some other schools give their coaches to turn it around?

Since Shane is such an Ass-Patter & Player Huger, considering this year's results, shouldn't he consider giving back about $3+ Million of that raise! I mean, he's the one who swears how much he wants to be here & how much he loves Carolina.

If he's smart, he doesn't give back part of his salary, but gives part of it to hire a better OC and DC.

Beamer beat UK back to back, stomped UT, beat A&M, beat Clemson. Muschamp was horrible as head coach. With Muschamp you don’t get Rattler. Give Beamer the same five years.

At this point in their tenures, Muschamp was 22-17 and Beamer is 20-18.

Muschamp got one losing season and was fired midway through the second losing season. Why should Beamer get any more leeway?

Beamer beat UK back to back, stomped UT, beat A&M, beat Clemson. Muschamp was horrible as head coach. With Muschamp you don’t get Rattler. Give Beamer the same five years.

Didn't Muschamp also have a couple upset wins? But I don't want to come across as defending him.

As for the five years, he'll get it. He is going to be here next year (his 4th) and only a complete meltdown shows him the door.

With 3 ooc patsies and vandy, Beamer starts at 4 wins, which avoids that meltdown. So a 5th year it is.

At this point in their tenures, Muschamp was 22-17 and Beamer is 20-18.

Muschamp got one losing season and was fired midway through the second losing season. Why should Beamer get any more leeway?
I truly don’t GAS who the HC is anymore. If you want Muschamp back, so be it. I haven’t donated to the athletic program since the day he was hired so I no longer care about who our football coaches are or what our W/L record is. We’re a women’s basketball powerhouse anyway — I’m good with that.

Reactions: Lurker123
I truly don’t GAS who the HC is anymore. If you want Muschamp back, so be it. I haven’t donated to the athletic program since the day he was hired so I no longer care about who our football coaches are or what our W/L record is. We’re a women’s basketball powerhouse anyway — I’m good with that.

Jmho, butbi don't think he wants Muschamp back. I think his point is that Beamer is doing worse than the rviked Muschamp, yet still defended.

Reactions: uscwatson21
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT