ADVERTISEMENT

Sounds like Ridley's coach's quote to Chris did us in

GolDanCock119

Aug 21, 2008
Remember this? "A lot of other schools, they kind of cowered to Alabama and assumed he would go there. South Carolina fought their fight and they won."

Coming on the heels of that story, this happened (according to his coach): " 'At the time he didn't want to go to Alabama and the only school that was recruiting him hard was South Carolina,' Glenn said. 'He had no other options. And that is nothing against South Carolina. He had a great relationship with them, but more so with Coach T-Rob [Travaris Robinson]. And then once the other schools came into play, it was kind of like a come-to-Jesus moment. 'Oh, other schools do want me.' He was a four-star recruit who mentally thought, 'There are only two schools that like me.' "

Sounds like we did good to get on the kid, but we only got him because we were the only other school recruiting him besides Alabama. I guess he never really wanted to go to USC based on this, but I still find it all very fishy. I'm usually not a conspiracy theorist regarding recruiting and how other teams are able to land players. But this whole situation absolutely stinks to high heaven. Maybe it did happen just like his coach said, but the timing and the quick turnaround make me think there are some things that went down that we'll never know about.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News