ADVERTISEMENT

Sounds like Zeb is squarely in the mix

It’s pretty bad if we have the potential to go into a second season in a row starting a QB that couldn’t lock down the starting job at a low level D1 school.
Gotta agree. Doesn't exactly inspire a great deal of confidence for me as a fan. Hopefully the players around him are inspired though!

Reactions: PC31
So Brown is your Davy Jones?
c26b28288a0a65285bde0e98c9265a72.gif
Nope; he's my qb.

Beamer is neither inexperienced nor a fool; if you guys think he's already released his depth chart, maybe you should stick to Tiger Beat and 16 Magazine.

Nope; he's my qb.

Beamer is neither inexperienced nor a fool; if you guys think he's already released his depth chart, maybe you should stick to Tiger Beat and 16 Magazine.

he has though, inasmuch as he's made it clear that, pre-injury Doty was #1 by a longshot. Post-injury, he has made it clear that Zeb has at least equaled if not surpassed the others. Of Brown he has most recently said he needs to "continue to come along." That's very gentle coach speak for "he's not close right now."

Reactions: PC31 and rogue cock
That's right Sleepy Joe 😴. and when the other QBs have a hard time moving the team down the field with their inability to stretch the field with their arm you will too!
Beamer has been around some QBs, including Heisman winners. Surely he can see how he passes the eye test as well as you and it will be no doubt who the number 1 QB is. He is just waiting to announce in order to delay the suspense I suppose. 🤣🤣🤣

Maybe, we'll see how long that last. Don't see the accuracy with Doty or Zeb but maybe I'm wrong time will tell.

I can't understand how people have come to this inane conclusion that Doty is a bad QB. We literally know next to nothing about his game right now. He was thrust in a bad offense as a true Freshman with one of the worst passing offenses and one of the worst coaches in the country LAST YEAR. To say you know anything about his accuracy or anything else this season is ludicrous. Unless you've been at practice and have concrete details, you don't know any more about that than I do about you.

I can't understand how people have come to this inane conclusion that Doty is a bad QB. We literally know next to nothing about his game right now. He was thrust in a bad offense as a true Freshman with one of the worst passing offenses and one of the worst coaches in the country LAST YEAR. To say you know anything about his accuracy or anything else this season is ludicrous. Unless you've been at practice and have concrete details, you don't know any more about that than I do about you.
I think Doty is a great 👍 kid and can run with the football but his strength is not accuracy stretching the field .Love Doty again GREAT! Kid.

Reactions: Lakecock1

Equally idiotic is fans pretending to be an expert on a QB nobody had even heard of until 7 months ago, much less ever seen play.

Reactions: PC31
Beamer has been around some QBs, including Heisman winners. Surely he can see how he passes the eye test as well as you and it will be no doubt who the number 1 QB is. He is just waiting to announce in order to delay the suspense I suppose. 🤣🤣🤣
We all better HOPE he is right or we are all facing a 4 or 5 win season total.

Equally idiotic is fans pretending to be an expert on a QB nobody had even heard of until 7 months ago, much less ever seen play.
As opposed to the people who swear by a guy who has three games of experience that weren’t exactly mediocre?

I get being skeptical about Brown but there should be skepticism about every QB on the roster.

Again his strength is not passing that does not mean he can't improve. His strength is running and he is very athletic.
Do we have any concrete evidence he isn't a good passer? He had an entire spring, summer, and fall camp with new coaches. We honestly can't say we know until we've seen him play in earnest.

Reactions: WingchunCock
I'm hoping the coaching staff runs them all out there for a few series in our opener - including Dak...
Give 4 guys a total of 8 series and then ride whover plays best the rest of the game...maybe cut one guy out of that and run 3 guys a total of 6 series and then pick the best

Unless you've been at practice and have concrete details, you don't know any more about that than I do about you.
Similar comments were posted 11 yrs ago about Shaw, when certain "fans" wanted someone else to play QB.
One comment implied "noodle arm", while another insisted "velocity issues".

We used to call them fanbois.

Reactions: cockyferg
As opposed to the people who swear by a guy who has three games of experience that weren’t exactly mediocre?

I get being skeptical about Brown but there should be skepticism about every QB on the roster.

this is exactly what I’ve said. I’m not sold on any of our QBs as they all come with major unknowns. There is no football basis for anyone to say they prefer one over the other. Ironically, the one who has the largest relevant body of work is Zeb.

yeah, this isn't true. Last year he was at 60% and that was without Shi. In HS he was at 65% his senior year. He has been accurate all camp till his foot was hurt.
The harsh reality is Doty's a better runner than passer right now by the same token Jason's a better passer than runner. So we will have to rely on tightends and running backs out of the backfield and maybe go down field occasionally to keep the defense honest when Doty is in. Just my thoughts so don't get mad. I could be wrong.

Maybe, we'll see how long that last. Don't see the accuracy with Doty or Zeb but maybe I'm wrong time will tell.
Where are you seeing Brown's accuracy? Seriously? He completed 62% at St. Francis, 57% in his senior season of HS and 55% in his junior season. That is not tearing it up by any stretch of the imagination.

I honestly thought that I would see a 75+% completion percentage when I looked him up based on your assessment. It is no where close to that.

Last edited:
AND WHAT YA GONNA DO WHEN
ZEB-MANIA RUNS WILD ALL OVER YOU. BROTHER!!!

Where are you seeing Brown's accuracy? Seriously? He completed 62% at St. Francis, 57% in his senior season of HS and 55% in his juniot season. That is not tearing ti up by any stretch of the imagination.

I honestly thought that I would see a 75+% completion percentage when I looked him up based on your assessment. It is no where close to that.
Look, completion percentages don't tell the whole story. There are variables that play into that like receivers, offense line ect.

Where are you seeing Brown's accuracy? Seriously? He completed 62% at St. Francis, 57% in his senior season of HS and 55% in his junior season. That is not tearing it up by any stretch of the imagination.

It's all in the "eye test", his fan boys say he has an elite arm, it just has yet to produce anything. Unreal!

Reactions: rogue cock
At this moment, there are probably a handful of schools who are very confident about their QB. And the rest have questions and anxiety just like we do. We've had other years in our past, besides Connor Shaw, where we were pleasantly surprised. Years like the Alan Mitchell-Mike Hold combination. The year where Sparky had that App State transfer, Bobby Fuller. I think Blake Mitchell turned out to be a pleasant surprise. And even Syvelle Newton. So, I guess I might be being naive and overly optimistic, but I don't think we will actually stink at QB this season.

It's all in the "eye test", his fan boys say he has an elite arm, it just has yet to produce anything. Unreal!
It’s not an “elite” arm, Marino, Vick; those were elite arms. Carolina has never had one of those.

Some of us used to box; there’s at least one guy on here I’ve talked to before. In boxing, there are guys who swing their arms, and there are guys that know a punch comes from the legs thru the shoulder. Guys who have boxed recognize it immediately; it doesn’t take three or four rounds or bouts to see it. Sticks out like a sore thumb.

That’s what we saw in Brown, and it was relative to the other guys, Doty included. Stuck out like a sore thumb, sorry. I certainly don’t give a CRAP who starts; I just know who looks like a real deal.

The harsh reality is Doty's a better runner than passer right now by the same token Jason's a better passer than runner. So we will have to rely on tightends and running backs out of the backfield and maybe go down field occasionally to keep the defense honest when Doty is in. Just my thoughts so don't get mad. I could be wrong.
There is no could be, you are wrong

It’s not an “elite” arm, Marino, Vick; those were elite arms. Carolina has never had one of those.

Some of us used to box; there’s at least one guy on here I’ve talked to before. In boxing, there are guys who swing their arms, and there are guys that know a punch comes from the legs thru the shoulder. Guys who have boxed recognize it immediately; it doesn’t take three or four rounds or bouts to see it. Sticks out like a sore thumb.

That’s what we saw in Brown, and it was relative to the other guys, Doty included. Stuck out like a sore thumb, sorry. I certainly don’t give a CRAP who starts; I just know who looks like a real deal.
Perhaps. But he played HS football in Fredericksburg VA. That is in the heart of Virginia's recruiting hotbed and I am sure a lot of coaches from all over saw him. So what did they miss?

Reactions: Legendary Cock
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT