ADVERTISEMENT

South Carolina -0.5 over Colorado State

FCB 2013 treble

Dec 14, 2016
Vegas is expecting a very close game this afternoon between South Carolina and Colorado State. It has been about a week since South Carolina has played in which in my opinion is about the same as having an open date in football, so I am hoping for some visible or noticeable improvements from South Carolina against the Rams today.

Vegas is expecting a very close game this afternoon between South Carolina and Colorado State. It has been about a week since South Carolina has played in which in my opinion is about the same as having an open date in football, so I am hoping for some visible or noticeable improvements from South Carolina against the Rams today.
Nope

• Haha
Reactions: Gamecockben1979
Lackadaisical looking.
Got a lot to learn about showing up ready for tournament play.

I am not a sunshine pumper in any shape or form and you're going to think I'm insane but, what I saw, last night, was the perfect example of Teamwork vs Lack of 'Knowing your Teammates Yet'.

CSU played like an experienced, well oiled machine. These guys have played together, they knew who was going to be where and exactly how they were going to do what they wanted to do and when. And even more importantly, they knew what they were going to do next. No hesitation, no slowing down to think 'now wadda I do?'

USC, on the other hand, played exactly how you would expect a group of gifted athletes, who haven't even known each other for 90 days, play their first road game ever & only third game together.

The talking heads said it well, "it's not that Carolina is that bad, it's CSU is playing that good".

I thought our passes were sharp & crisp, our ball movement was good but, their shots dropped, ours didn't, they were confident, we were hesitant. I don't think our guys played 'Look at Me' but, CSU was a team, we were basically a bunch of good ballplayers, playing school yard ball.

You Are Right .... Got A Lot of Learning to Do. But, I'd love to see our same guys after playing together for 2 or 3 years.

I am not a sunshine pumper in any shape or form and you're going to think I'm insane but, what I saw, last night, was the perfect example of Teamwork vs Lack of 'Knowing your Teammates Yet'.

CSU played like an experienced, well oiled machine. These guys have played together, they knew who was going to be where and exactly how they were going to do what they wanted to do and when. And even more importantly, they knew what they were going to do next. No hesitation, no slowing down to think 'now wadda I do?'

USC, on the other hand, played exactly how you would expect a group of gifted athletes, who haven't even known each other for 90 days, play their first road game ever & only third game together.

The talking heads said it well, "it's not that Carolina is that bad, it's CSU is playing that good".

I thought our passes were sharp & crisp, our ball movement was good but, their shots dropped, ours didn't, they were confident, we were hesitant. I don't think our guys played 'Look at Me' but, CSU was a team, we were basically a bunch of good ballplayers, playing school yard ball.

You Are Right .... Got A Lot of Learning to Do. But, I'd love to see our same guys after playing together for 2 or 3 years.
First, yeah CSU is very good. I agree with all you said about them.
I'm not all that concerned about the way we played primarly because of our youth. In fact I believe we could very well play well today after getting yesterday behind us. What I saw was almost predictable of a young team... coming out flat in their first tournament. Tournaments are a different animal altogether imo. So many distractions behind the scenes and you're thrown out of your routine. We'll learn from it and hopefully be ready and better prepared when the next one comes. Not a big deal.

It was personal for Niko Medved.

Medved is an excellent coach. Proved it by getting Furmans program out of the dump. And has done the same at Colorado St. And may have felt a little something to prove since he didn't seem to get more attention from SC even though he had the support of some. But I don't have an opinion on the game really. Medved has a good team, and well coached. Paris has a patchwork crowd and there were a lot of defections off of a Frank Martin team that wasn't very good to begin with. So the program was basically gutted. That they guy that transferred from the Citadel gets serious minutes tells you all you need to know. We won't be able tonreally evaluate Paris for another couple years.

Reactions: Gamecockben1979
Medved is an excellent coach. Proved it by getting Furmans program out of the dump. And has done the same at Colorado St. And may have felt a little something to prove since he didn't seem to get more attention from SC even though he had the support of some. But I don't have an opinion on the game really. Medved has a good team, and well coached. Paris has a patchwork crowd and there were a lot of defections off of a Frank Martin team that wasn't very good to begin with. So the program was basically gutted. That they guy that transferred from the Citadel gets serious minutes tells you all you need to know. We won't be able tonreally evaluate Paris for another couple years.
Well, what's the difference between the guy from the Citadel getting serious minutes and having Martin still here putting his son in the game all the time. Both are undersized 6'5" post players. At least Brown (the guy from the Citadel) can shoot a little bit.

Well, what's the difference between the guy from the Citadel getting serious minutes and having Martin still here putting his son in the game all the time. Both are undersized 6'5" post players. At least Brown (the guy from the Citadel) can shoot a little bit.
I know you supported the change and I was against it but to be fair while we are 0-2 in Charleston, Martin is 2-0 in Conway playing his son against a Colorado team that just won at Tennessee and then beat a pretty good Murray State team that had beaten Texas A & M the day before.

Reactions: TAV31
Yeah, gonna be a long season. I went to the game on Thursday. The players are trying hard, but I'm thinking we will be lucky to get 10 total wins. Can't really blame the coaching or players in a way, but we are literally just playing street ball on the offensive side. We will compete against teams who are young or less talented. But otherwise we are going to struggle against any team with age or a team that plays good defense.

I know you supported the change and I was against it but to be fair while we are 0-2 in Charleston, Martin is 2-0 in Conway playing his son against a Colorado team that just won at Tennessee and then beat a pretty good Murray State team that had beaten Texas A & M the day before.
Good for him. I would rather go backwards for a moment with the hope of moving forward than be stuck at mediocre for for a decade. Everyone has a shelf life and I never said Martin couldn’t coach. He just didn’t need to be coaching here anymore. Besides you and a few others, most people had enough.

Last edited:
Reactions: Neanderthal
Good for him. I would rather go backwards for a moment with the hope of moving forward than be stuck at mediocre for for a decade. Everyone has a shelf life and I never said Martin couldn’t coach. He just didn’t need to be coaching here anymore. Besides you and a few others, most people had enough.
I hope you’re right but that hope is at least 3 years removed. At least we beat Clemson. Other than beating up on a few more in state schools, there aren’t going to be a lot of highlights.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT