ADVERTISEMENT

South Carolina coaching search: Three names to watch

world famous 3rd base hecklers

Sep 25, 2011
http://www.thestate.com/sports/coll...th-carolina/usc-football/article46958285.html

Kirby Smart
USATSI_8778284

North Carolina Tar Heels head coach Larry Fedora Joshua S. Kelly USA TODAY Sports
Who: Alabama’s defensive coordinator

Why: The Crimson Tide is No. 3 in the country in scoring defense in Smart’s ninth season at the school. He has been Nick Saban’s defensive coordinator for the last eight seasons. Smart has never been a head coach.

Tom Herman
Who: Houston’s head coach

Why: The Cougars are 11-1, No. 21 in the nation and headed to the American Athletic Conference championship game in Herman’s first season. Herman made his name as Ohio State’s offensive coordinator under Urban Meyer.

USATSI_8778284

North Carolina Tar Heels head coach Larry Fedora Joshua S. Kelly USA TODAY Sports

Larry Fedora
Who: North Carolina’s head coach

Why: The Tar Heels have won 11 straight games since losing to South Carolina in the season opener, and they will play Clemson in Saturday’s ACC Championship game. Fedora also won double-digit games as Southern Miss’ head coach in 2012. He’s a former Oklahoma State OC.

Read more here: http://www.thestate.com/sports/coll...c-football/article46958285.html#storylink=cpy

http://www.thestate.com/sports/coll...th-carolina/usc-football/article46958285.html

Kirby Smart
USATSI_8778284

Why: The Crimson Tide is No. 3 in the country in scoring defense in Smart’s ninth season at the school. He has been Nick Saban’s defensive coordinator for the last eight seasons. Smart has never been a head coach.

Tom Herman

Why: The Cougars are 11-1, No. 21 in the nation and headed to the American Athletic Conference championship game in Herman’s first season. Herman made his name as Ohio State’s offensive coordinator under Urban Meyer.

USATSI_8778284

Larry Fedora

Why: The Tar Heels have won 11 straight games since losing to South Carolina in the season opener, and they will play Clemson in Saturday’s ACC Championship game. Fedora also won double-digit games as Southern Miss’ head coach in 2012. He’s a former Oklahoma State OC.

Read more here: http://www.thestate.com/sports/coll...c-football/article46958285.html#storylink=cpy

so worldfamous, do you like Fedora over Smart and Herman??? I like Herman, then Fedora..

Kirby Smart
USATSI_8778284

Tom Herman

USATSI_8778284

Larry Fedora

Why would Fedora come here?

The one thing I looked at...

Houston player: Tom Herman 'killed the South Carolina thing' and is focused on the AAC Championship

http://www.sbnation.com/college-foo...man-houston-cougars-football-aac-championship

So far, so good, at least on the record. Rumors of a done deal between South Carolina and Herman were quashed this week. If Herman's internal message to players is true, Houston's extra game next week means he's refusing to entertain any offer for seven more days.

"We had a meeting at the start of the week, and he said, 'I'm not going to talk to anyone about any other job or be in communication with anyone, because I have a task at hand,'" Ayers said. "I don't know what other jobs he'd been talked about with. But he for sure told us he killed the South Carolina thing. He told us this is where he wanted to be, and if anything happens, it's not gonna be right now.

"This is important to him right now. I think the guys really appreciated that."

Somehow I don't see anywhere in the story or any other stories that Tom Herman came out himself and said to Carolina.. Take me off your list...

I do think maybe there is an agreement that Ray & Tom may have they'll talk after next Saturday...

Something that Kornblult has said...

I firmly believe that the Herman thing was his agents and people around the Houston program trying to quite the noise before these two key games. Navy and AAC championship game.

The one thing I looked at...

Houston player: Tom Herman 'killed the South Carolina thing' and is focused on the AAC Championship

http://www.sbnation.com/college-foo...man-houston-cougars-football-aac-championship

So far, so good, at least on the record. Rumors of a done deal between South Carolina and Herman were quashed this week. If Herman's internal message to players is true, Houston's extra game next week means he's refusing to entertain any offer for seven more days.

"We had a meeting at the start of the week, and he said, 'I'm not going to talk to anyone about any other job or be in communication with anyone, because I have a task at hand,'" Ayers said. "I don't know what other jobs he'd been talked about with. But he for sure told us he killed the South Carolina thing. He told us this is where he wanted to be, and if anything happens, it's not gonna be right now.

"This is important to him right now. I think the guys really appreciated that."

Somehow I don't see anywhere in the story or any other stories that Tom Herman came out himself and said to Carolina.. Take me off your list...

I do think maybe there is an agreement that Ray & Tom may have they'll talk after next Saturday...

Something that Kornblult has said...

"right now" is pretty damned interpretive too.

Fedora scares/worries me. The last ACC coach we hired has stunk it up! (Deke) Fedora has some decent non-ACC success though, so.... Really hoping for Smart or Herman.

Do not want Kirby! Hope Herman is the guy. Fedora seems to be a solid backup if Herman is a no go. Really don't understand the infatuation with Kirby but hey maybe he's ready

Do not want Kirby! Hope Herman is the guy. Fedora seems to be a solid backup if Herman is a no go. Really don't understand the infatuation with Kirby but hey maybe he's ready
It's because we need defense so badly and he knows him some defense.

I prefer:
1. Herman
2. Fedora
3. Smart

After doing research on Fedora, I had to bump him up to number 2 for me. He has recruited among the top in both conferences he has been in. He led S. Miss to a Top 20 finish before leaving for UNC. He has UNC currently at number 12. While at S Miss, he beat 3 Power 5 conference schools. This, being rivalry week, .he is 3-1 against his rival as UNC Head Coach.

I prefer:
1. Herman
2. Fedora
3. Smart

After doing research on Fedora, I had to bump him up to number 2 for me. He has recruited among the top in both conferences he has been in. He led S. Miss to a Top 20 finish before leaving for UNC. He has UNC currently at number 12. While at S Miss, he beat 3 Power 5 conference schools. This, being rivalry week, .he is 3-1 against his rival as UNC Head Coach.
And guess who beat the ever living crap out of his So. miss team? Us. Then he bolted to UNC and guess who beat him some more? Us again.

If they are going after anyone from that UNC staff, it should be Chizik as DC...or HC...

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT