ADVERTISEMENT

South Carolina-Kentucky Game 2 Thread

C

Collyn Taylor

Hello all of you fine fans out there. How's everyone doing today? I'm doing pretty good today. Got to catch the new Captain America movie this morning during some down time this morning (if you have any comments on it, feel free to give some input, I have some pretty fire takes on it). Also got some work done on a few pieces so fans can enjoy sometime next week. I think you'll like them. To the game now.

Some BP notes:
--It's drizzling right now on the field, but not too terribly hard. Also looking very overcast right now. Wind's a little over 10 mph blowing from right to left and slightly out. So there could be a lot more home runs tonight.
--Kentucky has a hitter's park for sure (340-390-310). It's showing in Carolina's cage time. Alex Destino, DTW, Jonah Bride and Madison Stokes had monster BP sessions.
--Madison Stokes is hitting with the first team today. It's the first time I've seen him hit with that group. Usually he's in one of the final ones to go.
--The entire team is putting a lot of good swings on the ball. Gene Cone hit one to the wall, Destino and DTW hit one or two to the walkway in right-center. Cullen's also pulling the ball, hitting one to the track in left as I type it. All the hitters I've watched have been pulling the ball today.
--I didn't see John Jones take BP with the first group per usual. He was on the back of the batting cage watching in a hat and warmup gear. I think he'll take swings, but just wasn't with that group. Question I'll ask our pals at media relations.
--I do not think Jones is going to start today. I think he's too much of a liability right now in the lineup. I think you'll see the standard sans-Jones lineup with Hopkins in center, DTW in left and Destino moving to DH. That's the standard I feel like.
--Destino is shagging balls in left today, I will point out. Mooney, Stokes, Tolbert at short, second and first during BP. Again, that's pretty usual.
Some Kentucky news: Leadoff hitter Evan White is not expected in the lineup tonight. He took a ball off the thumb last night. He's leading the team in batting average (.358) and runs scored (38). He's second in RBIs (34).

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News