ADVERTISEMENT

South Carolina slight favorites

FCB 2013 treble

Dec 14, 2016
Line opened at -2 1/2, currently it is South Carolina -3 over the Wildcats. Would provide link from Vegas Insider, but sometimes my McAfee warns me that the site might be dangerous.

Line opened at -2 1/2, currently it is South Carolina -3 over the Wildcats. Would provide link from Vegas Insider, but sometimes my McAfee warns me that the site might be dangerous.
This is a push play. 3 to 3.5 points is automatic for the home team.

We will probably lose out the season. Tennessee may give us a run for the worst team in the SEC.

My heart says gamecocks , my wallet says Kentucky..I'm going to the bank tomorrow

Reactions: jonesz21
Every game the rest of the way is a lifeline for this staff. It wouldn't surprise me if they win 1 they should not win but still only win 4 or 5 total. (Actually, 5 would be a minor miracle.)

But each week we go without a win the worse this is going to get. We might beat UK which will give the season new life. But then we play UGA, UF and UT. I see 1 win in that group. So now we are at 3-6. Vandy and App State give us a shot at 5 wins. aTm is another loss.

But lose to UK at home and I doubt we can beat UT at Knoxville. I think the season ends up 3-9 at that point.

Reactions: ansoncock
Every game the rest of the way is a lifeline for this staff. It wouldn't surprise me if they win 1 they should not win but still only win 4 or 5 total. (Actually, 5 would be a minor miracle.)

But each week we go without a win the worse this is going to get. We might beat UK which will give the season new life. But then we play UGA, UF and UT. I see 1 win in that group. So now we are at 3-6. Vandy and App State give us a shot at 5 wins. aTm is another loss.

But lose to UK at home and I doubt we can beat UT at Knoxville. I think the season ends up 3-9 at that point.

If SC wins 5 games, I will knit you a nice big Gamecocks sweater. And I have no idea how to knit.

When I "liked" your post, I don't mean I liked your bleak outlook, but I thought it was realistic, if you know what I mean.

Reactions: OldWiseCock
My fear is for either scenario to play out. We win just enough and no changes are made. OR.. we lose and CWM loses the locker room. Either would be bad for the program.

If Ryan is ok, we will beat Ky.

Sir in all honesty, I don't think we have the defense to beat them. I'm not that terribly worried about the offense but I have absolutely zero confidence in the defense and defensive coaches. I certainly hope I'm wrong this Saturday because we need a win in the worse possible way.

Reactions: Brace1
I will add, I am surprised we are favored. KY must be struggling like us.

Sir in all honesty, I don't think we have the defense to beat them. I'm not that terribly worried about the offense but I have absolutely zero confidence in the defense and defensive coaches. I certainly hope I'm wrong this Saturday because we need a win in the worse possible way.

I think South Carolina defense gave it best performance this season to date was in the first half against Missouri. I think it was Missouri second possession of the game, the South Carolina defense put a goal line stand, in which Missouri came away with nothing. Later that quarter South Carolina defense created a turnover and recovered the football inside the Missouri thirty something yard line, but South Carolina offense could not capitalize on that turnover with any points.

D.J Wonnum had an interception in the second quarter and came within one yard of scoring the touchdown. South Carolina defense worn down in the second half, I think Coach Muschamp said the defense had over 90 snaps in that game ( I could be wrong about that number).

Not using this as an excuse of why South Carolina loss to Missouri, but in the third quarter on South Carolina second possession of the half they were very close to scoring to cut the lead to 24-21, but with the interception and the Tigers returning it 99 yards for the touchdown (31-14) that resulted in a 14 point swing in which took any momentum South Carolina gained.

I will add, I am surprised we are favored. KY must be struggling like us.
Kentucky is banged up, and their down to the 3rd string QB.. So if we’re gonna get them, now is the time. I believe we win if Hilinski is healthy but it’s on his shoulders, because I doubt we run for a lot of yards against that Wildcat defense.

Thank you Brace1. I knew their top QB was out, but not #2.
My guess is they still manage to line up and ram it down our D's throat on offense. Hopefully we out score them.

Last week this board was in disbelief that Missouri was favored by 10. Then the game happened.
Now this board is in disbelief that Carolina is favored by 3.
Maybe its time to pay a little attention to what Vegas is telling you. I'd be surprised if Kentucky wins.

Reactions: RoosterNRussia
Last week this board was in disbelief that Missouri was favored by 10. Then the game happened.
Now this board is in disbelief that Carolina is favored by 3.
Maybe its time to pay a little attention to what Vegas is telling you. I'd be surprised if Kentucky wins.
You have to consider the fact that many of the posters on this board wants us to lose. I've never seen so many trolls on a forum.

You have to consider the fact that many of the posters on this board wants us to lose. I've never seen so many trolls on a forum.

Agree. Actually it only takes a short time over a few days to figure out the trolls.
Cough cough I mean “ realist “ who keep it real

Reactions: PC31
Kentucky is banged up, and their down to the 3rd string QB.. So if we’re gonna get them, now is the time. I believe we win if Hilinski is healthy but it’s on his shoulders, because I doubt we run for a lot of yards against that Wildcat defense.
No the they're not down to the third stringer. Also not banged up. IF USC were to beat UK it would simply be because they are better. It came out yesterday that their second string QB Sawyer Smith is not injured.

No the they're not down to the third stringer. Also not banged up. IF USC were to beat UK it would simply be because they are better. It came out yesterday that their second string QB Sawyer Smith is not injured.
Well, he is banged up....and definitely not 100%. But he will play...we don't have any other good options.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT