ADVERTISEMENT

Spencer Jones Barfight

You realize once someone swings at you, you can defend yourself right? There is a difference between defending yourself and sucker punching a guy? There is a distinction that needs to be understood

But he thought he was just bullying on a guy who was a foot shorter than him. Serves him right. I don't know anything about Jones, but I do know of plenty of FB players who've been the BMOC so long they think they're entitled. It's so prevalent it's practically a syndrome.
Agreed. Got exactly what he deserved. Maybe he learns something and becomes a better person.

Reactions: TheReelEss
Even if you are initially defending yourself, you don't have carte blanche to completely wreck someone like that. That went from questionable defense to almost attempted murder in my opinion.

Reactions: wentzel25
road_house_2.jpg

Even if you are initially defending yourself, you don't have carte blanche to completely wreck someone like that. That went from questionable defense to almost attempted murder in my opinion.
I think it’s probably best to flee the scene once u have handled someone in a bar when you are 21 or so. But he had his buddy with him and he didn’t start it. Also, the guy was still fighting. Let him up and you take a chance on getting KOd yourself! No thanks!

I don't know. I kinda feel like setting up a GoFundMe to help cover legal fees, before you've been arrested, is equivalent to a guilty plea.
Yep that dude is going to see jail time. He can claim all he wants that Jones punched him but there is no video evidence or any evidence that Jones had fought in the video. I feel bad for the kid, might get felony assault charges at the end of the day - can really ruin your life

Reactions: wentzel25
Yep that dude is going to see jail time. He can claim all he wants that Jones punched him but there is no video evidence or any evidence that Jones had fought in the video. I feel bad for the kid, might get felony assault charges at the end of the day - can really ruin your life
Maybe his bloody nose had something to do with the little bag of coke we see his brother drop when he's wrestling with the shoving guy?

Maybe his bloody nose had something to do with the little bag of coke we see his brother drop when he's wrestling with the shoving guy?
hah didnt see that, I think the dude behind him and that guy got in a little tussle before hand, the guy behind him is obviously the aggressor.

Regardless the shove came and there was a pause and brown initiated a fight. Alot of the legal impact will be determined that he had the ability to walk away, Spencer had (albeit in a rude way) told him to walk away. The door was behind them not infront of them.

He's going to be facing jail time, its a pretty simple case

hah didnt see that, I think the dude behind him and that guy got in a little tussle before hand, the guy behind him is obviously the aggressor.

Regardless the shove came and there was a pause and brown initiated a fight. Alot of the legal impact will be determined that he had the ability to walk away, Spencer had (albeit in a rude way) told him to walk away. The door was behind them not infront of them.

He's going to be facing jail time, its a pretty simple case
Agreed, you can't claim self-defense when you're being told to GTFO, and there's no one between you and the door. Also, the guy said they "showed restraint" on his Twitter account. Laughable from a guy who kept punching an unconscious person.

Reactions: feeble2001
Agreed, you can't claim self-defense when you're being told to GTFO, and there's no one between you and the door. Also, the guy said they "showed restraint" on his Twitter account. Laughable from a guy who kept punching an unconscious person.
Yeah really hard to make a claim "they left us no option" when he had time to turn to his friend and coordinate who was going to attack who and then sucker punch the guy

like I said its real sad the kid may see felony assault charges for a drunken fight in a bathroom

His lawyer would have to be criminally incompetent for the kid to get a felony and end up in prison.

His lawyer would have to be criminally incompetent for the kid to get a felony and end up in prison.
idk they are admitted to being trained fighters so its not a HUGE step to get an aggravated battery charge for what they did

Just because it's not on video doesn't mean it didn't happen. Video evidence is not the only possible evidence.

Reactions: kawalski
Yeah really hard to make a claim "they left us no option" when he had time to turn to his friend and coordinate who was going to attack who and then sucker punch the guy

like I said its real sad the kid may see felony assault charges for a drunken fight in a bathroom
Kinda like when you had the guy held down and he was no threat to your friend but yet he was still kicking him in the face.

Kinda like when you had the guy held down and he was no threat to your friend but yet he was still kicking him in the face.
Yep my friend shouldnt have done that absolutely. And if it was in an era where there were cameras literally everywhere and it was a semi-famous football player then he may have seen jail time

Of course but video evidence trumps conflicting drunk eye witnesses 100% of the time
You are certain there weren't any other witnesses? You may very well be correct but I have learned over the years that a partial video on the internet doesn't always tell the intire story. There were others that saw this fight in it's entirety that could very well step forward.

You are certain there weren't any other witnesses? You may very well be correct but I have learned over the years that a partial video on the internet doesn't always tell the intire story. There were others that saw this fight in it's entirety that could very well step forward.
But no one here knows what they'd say. Why is the assumption that guys who were clearly in the wrong on the video, were in the right on the part we know nothing about?

But no one here knows what they'd say. Why is the assumption that guys who were clearly in the wrong on the video, were in the right on the part we know nothing about?
In the original write ups (and there were plenty) the indication from witnesses was that Jones and his buddy were the instigators. It wasn’t until local law enforcement got involved that the story began shifting.

Cauliflower ears have long been a common injury for wrestlers and MMA fighters. Basically, if a guy has a cauliflower ear, he's probably not someone to mess with.

I played co-ed, intramural softball at South Carolina. One of the women on our team was an former HS all-conference softball player. When she went up to bat, the opposing team brought in the outfield expecting a shallow hit. She hit a homerun. Don't underestimate a woman in high top cleats either.

In the original write ups (and there were plenty) the indication from witnesses was that Jones and his buddy were the instigators. It wasn’t until local law enforcement got involved that the story began shifting.
Agreed. I know the mma guys swung first on the video but I have been around long enough and seen enough of the video that I woukd suspect, the other two instigated. I could very well be wrong but I don't think I am.

Agreed. I know the mma guys swung first on the video but I have been around long enough and seen enough of the video that I woukd suspect, the other two instigated. I could very well be wrong but I don't think I am.
I'm curious as to why. Not being rude/sarcastic, I genuinely want to know your train of thought.
From my perspective, I see two guys telling 2 other guys to GTFO, bc they don't want it to escalate into a fight. One of them pushes the other (mistake), but still a pretty good pause til both guys just flip and start attacking.

I'm curious as to why. Not being rude/sarcastic, I genuinely want to know your train of thought.
From my perspective, I see two guys telling 2 other guys to GTFO, bc they don't want it to escalate into a fight. One of them pushes the other (mistake), but still a pretty good pause til both guys just flip and start attacking.
I hung around some bad asses back in the day. Not proud of it but it was a learning experience. I have changed my ways. The toughest guys normally show restraint but when they are pushed to a certain point, they go off. From the bloody nose, the push and the bowing up by Jones and friend, he had enough.

Again, I could be dead wrong and these two are simply bullies but I don't think so.

The one guy is up in the man’s face telling him to GTFO and pointing at him while his friend is yelling ‘look at me b-tch’. Then the friend pushes the guy. It would seem like if they didn’t want the situation to escalate into a fight they would not have been using provoking language and then physically pushing someone. They could have shut up and walked out of the bathroom themselves. The door was in the same place it was for the other two guys. They probably expected the smaller guys to back down and walk away, and they probably expected they would come out on the better end if a fight did break out. This is a case of miscalculating the situation.

The thing that makes me question the “peacemaker” portion of the story is that in the video only one person seems to be instigating anything and that is not the person Jones is confronting. Also the video seems to be heavily focused on Jones and his buddy. While that could be because the person recognized Jones my Worldstar experience tells me people love to record the aggressor in most of these types of videos.

A guy with a bloody nose is being shoved and menaced by these meatheads and you think the guys doing all the talking and the physical contact are deescalating?

A guy with a bloody nose is being shoved and menaced by these meatheads and you think the guys doing all the talking and the physical contact are deescalating?
I think the guy who tells them to leave and made no contact with anyone until he got hit was, yes.
The guy didn't deserve to need reconstructive surgery because his friend was being an ass.

He could've simply walked out of the bathroom. Problem solved. He decided to play stupid games and he got his prize.
Well the guys were infront of him and blocking the only door. So to walk out the bathroom the other guys would have had to walk out first.

I think the guy who tells them to leave and made no contact with anyone until he got hit was, yes.
The guy didn't deserve to need reconstructive surgery because his friend was being an ass.
The question is who gave the mma guy the bloody nose? I suspect it didn't start bleeding on it's own.

I realize you don't the answer but I would guess it was Jones or buddy.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT