ADVERTISEMENT

Spurrier has a hard time hiding his dislike for.....

Spurrier has to deal with jerks like this. Meanwhile, the press allowed in tater town just giggle at dumbo and ask amateur questions. They never call dumbo on his crap, lies or inconsistencies.

Reactions: IrmoRed
Josh Kendall in this interview (the video). He won't look at him and tried to make him look silly.....which he did...lol.

http://www.thestate.com/sports/coll...th-carolina/usc-football/article31342202.html
I noticed that too. I don't live in Columbia and read everything like I used to. What has that writer written about us negatively or is it just The State in general he doesn't like? I noticed the last couple of things he's written about our RB's haven't been complimentary.

Kendall is an instigator. My first taste of dislike for him came when he tried to pit Shaw and Garcia against each other. I remember him asking Shaw if he felt he deserved to start over Garcia because of Garcia's "off field issues". He doesn't (or didn't) ask appropriate questions. He later tried to cause, or plant, a seed of dissent between Thompson and Shaw and also between M. Davis and Wilds and Davis and Lattimore, at one time before that. He doesn't keep his questions focused on the individual, he constantly asks the player to compare himself to another.

Reactions: Mr CockStrong
I'd love to see our media guys for 1 day act like Clemson's media guys so they could see how ridiculous they sound.

I've never in my life seen a group of media guys that are really more of a part of the schools marketing department than at Clemson.

Does anyone know of another group of media, whether it be in college or a pro sport, that has a bunch of reporters that are more like marketing strategists?

Reactions: jweaks
Yeah, that video is an interesting study in body language and facial expression. Not a lot of love there.

That happens mainly because Clemson is in a small town.

Clemson controls things with the media much more so than USC does- and has always tried to do that. It's part of their marketing efforts.

I've never in my life seen a group of media guys that are really more of a part of the schools marketing department than at Clemson.

Does anyone know of another group of media, whether it be in college or a pro sport, that has a bunch of reporters that are more like marketing strategists?

I noticed Josh Kendall in videos YEARS ago before I even knew who he he was as "that guy that looks bored out of his mind and is barely listening". He's ALWAYS gotten on my nerves in those videos.

He is now addressing it in another separate article...lol....

It’s all on the video on the front page of our site if you haven’t seen it. The gist of it went like this: I was pressing (and I use that term very, very loosely) Spurrier about how the quarterback repetitions were divided in practice Monday evening, and he replied like this, "I don’t know if it was equal Josh. I don’t have to tell you everything."

He’s 100 percent right. He doesn’t. However, as I told him, I have to ask. He understands that, and that’s just kind of how the game works. I’m writing about the exchange for a couple reasons. First, to take you behind the curtain a little bit so that no one thinks that incident was in any way confrontational or out of the ordinary. (We talked for five minutes after the video went off about all the Jordan Spieth golf gear Under Armour sends out to the coaches and athletic directors at their schools. Spurrier got every outfit Spieth wore during his four-day Masters victory.)

Read more here: http://www.thestate.com/sports/coll...ndall-blog/article31374614.html#storylink=cpy

That happens mainly because Clemson is in a small town.
Clemson controls things with the media much more so than USC does- and has always tried to do that. It's part of their marketing efforts.

BINGO what Rollerdude123 said.

Clemson/Dabo cleaned house two years ago replacing their game announcer (who had been calling games for 'bout a decade) plus all their press people and let it be known to 'outsiders' that interviews, quotes, accessibility would be denied anyone not 'all in'.

They weren't kidding about it and now releases from Tigernet are routinely picked up/repackaged and reprinted as 'news' when it's actually public relations.

Clemson's control of its media/message is complete - it'll take an outside/independent reporter from a major sports news organization to ever get a handle on what's actually transpiring. Given Clemson isn't the 'top-tier' national interest team they fashion themselves and Dabo Swinney is not exactly a household name anywhere except in our small state committing resources to such an investigative project doesn't have too high a priority.

We suffer the constant hype 'cause we live here and they're our natural rival, but when you check their opponents news source sites (in VA, NC, GA, FL, MA, PA) where the teams they play routinely have the same type news outlets we have here there's a much more 'toned down' opinion of exactly how 'powerful' Clemson is.

Even during these times, the most successful run in Clemson football history the fact "while it's been going on" SOUTH CAROLINA stomped 'em FIVE YEARS in a row and FL STATE routinely made them look bad (Clemson couldn't even beat a Winston-less Seminole team) GREATLY diffuses the 'reputation' of Clemson football everywhere but their own backyard.

Clemson's like the guy in Secaucus, NJ with an old two-story Holiday Inn who thinks he's a threat to the Waldorf-Astoria in Manhattan. The fella' in Secaucus IS going to get granny and the gals when they travel to the 'big apple' - but the difference in their 'take-aways' (crystal globes that sprinkle fake snow over miniature replicas of the statue of liberty) vs. the couple who arrives and dines at world-class restaurants while taking in Broadway's biggest box-office hits ARE NOT the same markets.

Cede' the bubs and bubbettes to Clemson - they work HARD to impress 'em.

He is now addressing it in another separate article...lol....

It’s all on the video on the front page of our site if you haven’t seen it. The gist of it went like this: I was pressing (and I use that term very, very loosely) Spurrier about how the quarterback repetitions were divided in practice Monday evening, and he replied like this, "I don’t know if it was equal Josh. I don’t have to tell you everything."

He’s 100 percent right. He doesn’t. However, as I told him, I have to ask. He understands that, and that’s just kind of how the game works. I’m writing about the exchange for a couple reasons. First, to take you behind the curtain a little bit so that no one thinks that incident was in any way confrontational or out of the ordinary. (We talked for five minutes after the video went off about all the Jordan Spieth golf gear Under Armour sends out to the coaches and athletic directors at their schools. Spurrier got every outfit Spieth wore during his four-day Masters victory.)

Read more here: http://www.thestate.com/sports/coll...ndall-blog/article31374614.html#storylink=cpy

Saw it the way you did. Closed practices allows him to do this. By the way, I know you "had to ask" but you KNEW you were not going to get a straight answer. I liked it.

BTW Who do you think will be the starter against UNC and who do you think will have the most starts for the season?

Why respond to the several posters that called you out.. God forbid your question offends some of the minions on this site. I think Spurrier has been ask more pointed questions in his life. He's a big boy, and thought nothing of it. You were doing your job and I appreciate that. keep it up
The problem with people like Josh Kendall is if there isn't a story...they try to create one. The stories then have to be sensationalized because they have no real substance. The days of just reporting are not enough when you have so much media competition and therefore sensationalizing comes into play and trumps truth and facts. I have little patience with ignorance and Josh throws that at Spurrier left and right looking for something to run with. I get his perspective every day whether I want it or not. It's not fact or truth just because he writes it....in fact it is more likely not to be facts or truth. Just a damn opinion....

Glad to see this post going. I just got through watching the Spurrier interview and was going to start one by asking the question, are local reporters truly asking some pretty dumb questions, or is that just me? Glad to see it looks like I'm not the only one that thinks that.

Reactions: Tigerof66
The reporters are asking the same dumb questions they ask every year. There is no need for anyone to get their panties in a cranny about it. If people are, that just shows that maybe the questions aren't so dumb but hitting a little too close to home for the liking of some. It's time to stop being Sensitive Suzies just because we aren't getting a lot of love this year from the media.

Every one of these things feels like the Josh Kendall show. Or maybe that's just the only snippets played on 107.5. Either way, he's annoying.

Reactions: TigerGriff08
Kendall is attempting to be a butt-licker to a guy who doesn't like butt-lickers. He also reminds me of the guy we put into the book/coat locker in high school and forgot to open the door when we walked away.

The reporters are asking the same dumb questions they ask every year. There is no need for anyone to get their panties in a cranny about it. If people are, that just shows that maybe the questions aren't so dumb but hitting a little too close to home for the liking of some. It's time to stop being Sensitive Suzies just because we aren't getting a lot of love this year from the media.

Haven't noticed anyone getting their "panties in a cranny" about anything. Just looks like local reporters don't give much thought to the questions they ask. Not too much "reporting" done. Love from the media doesn't bother me at all. Enjoy the low expectations from the media. Makes it all the more fun to show them wrong.

I really don't see the big deal with worrying about letting UnCarolina know which one of our inexperienced QB's will start. There is no college film of them to worry over. All of them are unknowns at this point.

I really don't see the big deal with worrying about letting UnCarolina know which one of our inexperienced QB's will start. There is no college film of them to worry over. All of them are unknowns at this point.

How many Heismans and National Championships have you won?

I'll hang up and listen.

I think the point Spurrier was trying to make is, it's not important to say who got the most snaps. That would open up a "___________ gets most snaps and will be the probable starter vs UNC" It is the way these guys do it. He tried to back door a statement so he would have a headline for tomorrows paper. He said they haven't decided on a starter so who ever gets the most snaps is irrelevant. It's only relevant if Josh makes it with a stupid 'his opinion' article in the morning paper. Then you have players and fans thinking Spurrier had really made up his mind when it's just not true. I am no Josh fan by any means but that's just because I think he is lazy and takes the easy way out.

Kendall is like most others in the media...He doesn't like it that SOS put MoRon in his place...There is a reason Josh is stuck in Columbia, SC and hasn't moved up in the corporate rankings that owns that paper....

We can only hope oneday media will return to what media should be which is gathering and printing the facts of things without a personal agenda in tow....

The sooner you stop watching, reading and listening to them the sooner the advertising will dry up....

In the end its a matter of math that will force them to either change or go out of business....

Certainly I'm not the only fan who thinks Spurrier and company already know who the starter will be for game 1? I honestly think the only question was Nunez, and how much he would challenge for the back up job.

I would agree they already know or have a good idea on the starter.....As for Nunez SOS has already said he won't redshirt. They will put together a few packages for him but that playbook is pretty big. Tom Brady couldn't come in and run that system without some time to study and comprehend the playbook.

Its nothing but a guess but I suspect you will see 3 of them at times. Mitch starts, Nunez has some package plays and one of the remaining two will also have some packages. I for one don't really see that as a bad thing either.....

Josh: “Who got the most reps among the quarterbacks?”

HBC: “Ahh, there was, there was … all three of ‘em.”

Josh: “The other three guys?”

HBC: “Yeah.”

Josh: “Got equal reps.”

HBC: “Awwww, I don’t know if it was equal Josh. I don’t have to tell you everything, you know I don’t have to tell you everything.”

Josh: “Yeah, but I have to ask.”
------------------------------------------------------------------

Really Josh? You have to ask? Why is it that you HAVE to ask how many repetitions each QB is getting in practice? Why in the world is it that you HAVE to ask and know exactly how many reps are given to each quarterback in practice? What are you going to do with that information?

I'm talking 'bout PRACTICE! ~ Allen Iverson

Kendall is attempting to be a butt-licker to a guy who doesn't like butt-lickers. He also reminds me of the guy we put into the book/coat locker in high school and forgot to open the door when we walked away.
Cool story bro. Tell us about all the tail you smashed while in high school too. I'm sure it's and endless conversation.

Certainly I'm not the only fan who thinks Spurrier and company already know who the starter will be for game 1? I honestly think the only question was Nunez, and how much he would challenge for the back up job.

Unless CM has come light years from where he was last year, both technically and mentally, then I would say no, they don't know who the starter is going to be. CM was awful last year, and that was against the OOC teams. This is what, his third year in the system?

I think they are dealing with walk on level talent, and hoping someone can just show out enough to label them the starter. I pray I'm wrong, but there are legitimate doubts about CM. The only QB to prove elite was Shaw, and he wasn't highly touted coming out of high school. Thompson was asked to air it out since the D wasn't going to stop anyone, but he was far from great especially when the pressure was on. Garcia was up and down, Smelley was a bust, and I thought Mitchell could have been better if the Smelley hype didn't push him aside.

My fear once again will be "why can't SOS turn these 4-star QBs into solid SEC players".

Really Josh? You have to ask? Why is it that you HAVE to ask how many repetitions each QB is getting in practice? Why in the world is it that you HAVE to ask and know exactly how many reps are given to each quarterback in practice?

He has to ask because he knows his job is to write stories that tell readers about how the team is coming together in preseason practice, and the biggest question fans have is who is going to be the quarterback. Finding out who is getting the most plays is often a good signal as to who is likely to be the starter.

What are you going to do with that information?

Just a wild guess, but I think he planned to put it in the newspaper.

He has to ask because he knows his job is to write stories that tell readers about how the team is coming together in preseason practice, and the biggest question fans have is who is going to be the quarterback. Finding out who is getting the most plays is often a good signal as to who is likely to be the starter.

Just a wild guess, but I think he planned to put it in the newspaper.

Duh?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT