ADVERTISEMENT

Start of Doty era:game thread

Amos looks pretty good.

Tom-Hanks-orly.gif

The obligatory muschamp field goal in the second quarter. Sarcasm guys...I'm glad Bobo is playing lights out tonight.

Every time we kick a field goal, the PA guy should calmly say, “This do in remembrance of Muschamp.”

No sir. Talent is not the problem. Discipline and the sense of togetherness is tho. The next coach won’t be in bad shape at all. I don’t tend to think it’s as bad as it looks.

I agree talent is not the problem. You are also right - lack of discipline in assignment etc. It all boils down to coaching and that is on Tanner. In all my years of following Gamecock football (getting close to 27 years) I have not felt the slide as much as this (and that includes the years we went with 1 and 0 wins).

Even a fool could see this coming after Muschamp was hired. That Ray did not is baffling. After all he is the AD. That he let it fall to this depth is beyond baffling. Look at were we are now. In the cellar. To the players, my heart goes out to you. To the many supporters of Ray and Muschamp I say - are you asleep?

All Muschamp had to do was start Doty and he’d still be our head coach. Record may not be much different but this team, especially offensively is much better with him. Doty should’ve started after that LSU debacle and Muschamp at least finishes the season before getting fired and likely has enough to convince Tanner / Caslen for an extra year. That shows how dumb he was. Or as others suspected, maybe he wanted to get fired.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT