ADVERTISEMENT

Steve Spurrier attempts patented off-the-bench play

He's too old to be attempting that crap.
I really thought he was going to break something. The man is 73. Heck, I'm 48 and tried (actually caught it) to field a punt last year. Jumped to catch it and landed square on my tail bone. For a split second I thought I had ruptured my colon. The ground is just harder than it was when I was 19. Must be global warming.

Who was the hottie in the refs uniform that interviewed him? She appeared to be smokin’ from across the field.

Looked like there were more folks on the field than at the game
The attendance was very disappointing.. Our fans don't get it.. I know it's a spring scrimmage... But these events are now major showcases for your recruiting calendar... Our fans need to wake up and do our part... There were literally hundreds of prospects there.. They will visit other spring games and sit among 30-50 thousand fans... Yet on signing day our fans will complain all the same

Reactions: 4theluvofgamecocks
The attendance was very disappointing.. Our fans don't get it.. I know it's a spring scrimmage... But these events are now major showcases for your recruiting calendar... Our fans need to wake up and do our part... There were literally hundreds of prospects there.. They will visit other spring games and sit among 30-50 thousand fans... Yet on signing day our fans will complain all the same
First off, I am a Muschamp fan. I think he and the university did a poor job promoting the game. I read fgf and listen to 107.5 every day. Very little info on the game. I took my boys and wife to the game. Not child friendly with the alumni game etc.

SOS had his faults but did a much better job of promoting the game and making it kid friendly.

First off, I am a Muschamp fan. I think he and the university did a poor job promoting the game. I read fgf and listen to 107.5 every day. Very little info on the game. I took my boys and wife to the game. Not child friendly with the alumni game etc.

SOS had his faults but did a much better job of promoting the game and making it kid friendly.
What was unchild-friendly about it? I wasn't there, so don't know what you are talking about.

I agree Muschamp and Tanner should have done more promotion and emphasized why attendance is so important.. But we have enough serious football fans that follow it year round to have 20-30k there regardless.. If you wanted 50k like me, promotion is a big deal

I agree Muschamp and Tanner should have done more promotion and emphasized why attendance is so important.. But we have enough serious football fans that follow it year round to have 20-30k there regardless.. If you wanted 50k like me, promotion is a big deal

Yes. And don’t schedule it on Easter weekend. Lot of folks travellig.
I talked to several friends sat to let them know it was on tv and all thought the game would be in April. All would have went. We have got to get better at promoting US. That is what helped the taters make headlines for a long time

i think these recruits know if they come to sc, when the games count, they will be playing in front of 85,000 people

..and if they dont come, it wont be because a few thousand showed up at a scrimmage

Reactions: Harvard Gamecock
I really thought he was going to break something. The man is 73. Heck, I'm 48 and tried (actually caught it) to field a punt last year. Jumped to catch it and landed square on my tail bone. For a split second I thought I had ruptured my colon. The ground is just harder than it was when I was 19. Must be global warming.
Oh Man, I'm 50. Being alive at 50 is just painful. Arthritis, sore muscles from just pushing a damned mini lawn mower...

Reactions: ClemDent

Marketing for the game is terrible, Ray should give it the business school and let the students have a project and get creative.

Should of had the game tied to watching the final 4 last year in the stadium, sell food and drink and make money, the fact the school did nothing shows how brain dead AD is to this game

Alumni game is not the answer, should be kid events before the game all over the place to be honest, to get the families out, the price is right FREE, but cant have bored kids, no point in going.

Out of town folks like me couldn't go to it. More important day on Sunday this year.

You could promote it all day long, many of us are still not wasting the day before Easter for a scrimmage. Everyone knew when the game was. After that, every one makes a personal decision on whether or not Spring games are worth attending.

Estimated about 25k in attendance... but that is an estimate.

Totally agree though this could have been planned better.
- Don't have it on EASTER weekend will improve (My whole family 40+ people had their Easter Event on Saturday so none of us went to the Spring game)
- Don't have it conflicting with other major local events (Carolina Cup)
- Don't have it conflicting with other major college events. (Final Four because we could have been in it ala men and women's last year)
- Improve the family atmosphere.
Excellent suggestion on getting the Business and Marketing fols involved as that could ONLY HELP. PROMOTE and SCHEDULING has a TON to do with it!

- Don't have it on EASTER weekend will improve (My whole family 40+ people had their Easter Event on Saturday so none of us went to the Spring game)
- Don't have it conflicting with other major college events. (Final Four because we could have been in it ala men and women's last year)
Excellent suggestion on getting the Business and Marketing fols involved as that could ONLY HELP. PROMOTE and SCHEDULING has a TON to do with it!
Some fans attended the USC vs, Vils baseball game. Left the spring game early.

Did anybody boo him?
Yeah, a few people started booing. Then I asked them to look around at every accomplishment Spurrier put up on the stadium facade (literally, he had to make the university paint it on there) and then they shut up realizing he was our greatest coach ever

Reactions: jonesz21
You ain’t seen nothing yet!
I know man, I know! The screwed up cartlege in my right knee (that happened 35 years ago), and the two between L1 and T12 on my spine have already been suggested for surgery. Not sure about doing such to my spine just yet. I hear that it doesn't make a whole lot of difference! The shit's just gonna hurt from here all the way on out!!

Regardless of the Cup being the same day (not the first time this has happened), as well as Gamecock Baseball (not the first time this has happened either), I think the biggest problem for attendance was that it was Easter weekend, and the beginning of Spring Break for the High School and under crowd. Did y'all see the reports of how bad traffic was getting to Florida on Friday and Saturday? MANY families were heading South on Saturday that probably, otherwise, would have been at WB.

Reactions: woodruffcock
Regardless of the Cup being the same day (not the first time this has happened), as well as Gamecock Baseball (not the first time this has happened either), I think the biggest problem for attendance was that it was Easter weekend, and the beginning of Spring Break for the High School and under crowd. Did y'all see the reports of how bad traffic was getting to Florida on Friday and Saturday? MANY families were heading South on Saturday that probably, otherwise, would have been at WB.
I don't get the Florida spring break thingy. I mean I been there and done that many moons ago, but would just as soon go to Edisto myself now days for Spring break!!!

They actually had a good many people there. I was expecting to waltz in and sit wherever I wanted on the home side...nope, it was pretty much full. So we went over to the East side which has been completely empty in some years...it was pretty full in the middle and I had to sit at one end. The attendance exceeded my expectations personally

Reactions: Gaimcock
I don't get the Florida spring break thingy. I mean I been there and done that many moons ago, but would just as soon go to Edisto myself now days for Spring break!!!
The difference is in March it's cold in SC but actually warm in the southern parts of Florida

The difference is in March it's cold in SC but actually warm in the southern parts of Florida

Dude, I know. I've been to every beach in the state of Florida. In fact, I spent the winter months of 02, 03, and 04 in South Florida working on Bank branding conversions, etc. I just don't think the drive down there is worth the PITA it becomes during spring break!!

Marketing for the game is terrible, Ray should give it the business school and let the students have a project and get creative.

Should of had the game tied to watching the final 4 last year in the stadium, sell food and drink and make money, the fact the school did nothing shows how brain dead AD is to this game

Alumni game is not the answer, should be kid events before the game all over the place to be honest, to get the families out, the price is right FREE, but cant have bored kids, no point in going.
Someone besides me gets it!

Reactions: Gradstudent

No way in he'll there were 15k at the game.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT