ADVERTISEMENT

Steve Spurrier's recruiting left Will Muschamp a big rebuild at South Carolina

Winston didn't play his true freshman year.

Watsons true freshman year he played about 1qt against GA in his first college game, 1qt against GT which was a loss and FSU he only played 2.5 quarters. So comparing those 3 losses against games where Winston played the whole game is dumb.

In Watsons first full season as a starter, as a redshirt freshman like Winston's first year playing, he finished 3rd in Heisman voting compared to Winstons 6th and was the first player to have 4000 yard passing and 1000 yards rushing.

first full year starter as redshirt freshman:

Watson - 4100yds, 35 passing Tds, 13 interceptions, 1000+ rushing 13Tds
Winston - 3900yrds, 40 passing tds, 10 interceptions, 219 rushing with 4Tds

This kid is as good or better than Winston. He has the same vision, accuracly and passing skills at Winston and is a better runner. And he won't have to run much in the NFL because he runs through his progressions then check if needed, and can hit all the deep balls.

I look forward to him going pro after next year.
What's gonna settle this argument is what Watson will do when he steps on the NFL field. As much as I hated Winston, he has done it. So wait and see if watson's career will be actually on the field or holding a clip board.

Every time we've experienced a modicum of success, it seems we always fail to maintain the momentum no matter the coach: Morrison, Carlen, Holtz, Dietzel etc. So Spurrier is not the first to do such.

The difference would be that when SOS wanted to retire a couple of years back, you would not have talked him out of it.

I don't see any difference in my statement. Again, my point was, if you took all the good and the bad, would you do it again. 1000% yes. Everyone is asking for perfect storybook beginnings and endings. Life isn't like that.

I don't see any difference in my statement. Again, my point was, if you took all the good and the bad, would you do it again. 1000% yes. Everyone is asking for perfect storybook beginnings and endings. Life isn't like that.

Agreed, it does not change your statement.

To clarify, yes, of course I'd hire him. IMO, had he retired when he originally wanted to, a different question would have been posed ("he quit too soon," etc.)

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT