ADVERTISEMENT

Steven Davis Jr.

Scuba_do

Sep 8, 2010
Richmond, Va
Someone help me. Wasn't Steven Davis Jr. once committed to the Gamecocks, but then de-committed? I swear I thought I remembered that but haven't seen any mention of it. And it's possible it was someone else too.

He was committed to Auburn, then decommitted in September, I think.

I think Davis Jr is going to take a official visit this weekend.

Not sure you guys want this kid. Think he has some baggage and Auburn didn't try to keep him on board.

BS from the other side of the tracks!

I think Auburn still wants him, but the word out of his region was that he looked like Tarzan, played like Jane. We was predicted to be a top 50 player and never lived up

I think Auburn still wants him, but the word out of his region was that he looked like Tarzan, played like Jane. We was predicted to be a top 50 player and never lived up
I have watched Steven Jr the past 4 years in the DF program. The kid passes the eye test no doubt. However, my personal opinion was he was playing out of position when he played DB. He did fair when he played DE sometimes. When he played running back, he was the best in the state. Big, strong and fast, just like his dad. When he played DB, a see the Tarzan/Jane reference. This kid is a freak athlete. I hope we get him and he plays running back.

That region is located in Columbia. I've heard many coaches rave about his raw talent. At DF he was put in a position to help the team win. He wasn't put in a position to help his recruit ranking. Was constantly moved from position to position, defense to offense. He hasn't been developed.

Reactions: ChairForceCock
That region is located in Columbia. I've heard many coaches rave about his raw talent. At DF he was put in a position to help the team win. He wasn't put in a position to help his recruit ranking. Was constantly moved from position to position, defense to offense. He hasn't been developed.

You see this many times in high school. Especially when you have the stud on the team that can play any position on the field. I hate the ole "I trust the guys who are getting paid millions of dollars to evaluate talent", but I actually do trust this staff. At least until proven otherwise.

Someone help me. Wasn't Steven Davis Jr. once committed to the Gamecocks, but then de-committed? I swear I thought I remembered that but haven't seen any mention of it. And it's possible it was someone else too.

Please help me understand. Unless he has a learning disability, how could the son of a former All American college and NFL player have academic work to do? I may be wrong here but I have never seen any former players have children who sherk their academics. I think that says a great deal about how wonderful College Football is for elevating the players, no matter where they go or what they do. Usually, decipline is passed on.

Please help me understand. Unless he has a learning disability, how could the son of a former All American college and NFL player have academic work to do? I may be wrong here but I have never seen any former players have children who sherk their academics. I think that says a great deal about how wonderful College Football is for elevating the players, no matter where they go or what they do. Usually, decipline is passed on.
You just took a shot at a kids academics and him personally, to then say how great College Football is now? Wow

Reactions: theZero
You just took a shot at a kids academics and him personally, to then say how great College Football is now? Wow

I think you misinterpreted his point. I don't think he was taking a shot at the kid. I thing just like the poster and I call bullshat on the poster who says grades are an issue, I have a feeling that the real issue is a pretty bad injury his senior season.

Reactions: Mr CockStrong
I think you misinterpreted his point. I don't think he was taking a shot at the kid. I thing just like the poster and I call bullshat on the poster who says grades are an issue, I have a feeling that the real issue is a pretty bad injury his senior season.
He had ACL surgery his senior season. DF lost him in the second or third game of the season. Hear he is recovering nicely though.

You see this many times in high school. Especially when you have the stud on the team that can play any position on the field. I hate the ole "I trust the guys who are getting paid millions of dollars to evaluate talent", but I actually do trust this staff. At least until proven otherwise.

Why do you hate that? Do you feel you are better at evaluating talent? Or do you feel that the internet geeks with these recruiting sites are better at evaluating talent than the professionals who have played and coached the game their whole lives and are in a position to know what the best talent is?

Academic requirements are different from school to school. We have lost some players in the past that didn't meet our requirements but did others

I hope we are talking to Austin Connor at DF as well. Great kid, super student, sprinters speed, has made some circus catches, had ankle surgery which slowed him down this year. VTech has already offered him

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT