ADVERTISEMENT

Stone Blanton Portal Transfer Really Disappointing, CSB and Staff Worked Hard Recruiting and Coaching Blanton for 2 Years. Hard Rebuild w/o Retention

I'm not sure how to respond to this? Beamer had a tougher 2nd year schedule and performed slightly worse than Kiffin.....OK.

Since then, they've been buying players like FSU and UT or better. Head over to the UF board and look how many posts are decided to Kiffin and Ole Miss's NIL program. They are knotted that Ole Miss's collective is basically double that of UF's. Wonder how it would compare to ours. :)

Let's wait and see what the pre-season strength of schedule is. Ole Miss doesn't play Alabama, Clemson or Texas and their only ranked road game is LSU. We're at Alabama, Oklahoma and Clemson.

Missouri's schedule is probably not in the Top 30....again.

I'm not sure how to respond to this? Beamer had a tougher 2nd year schedule and performed slightly worse than Kiffin.....OK.

Since then, they've been buying players like FSU and UT or better. Head over to the UF board and look how many posts are decided to Kiffin and Ole Miss's NIL program. They are knotted that Ole Miss's collective is basically double that of UF's. Wonder how it would compare to ours. :)

Let's wait and see what the pre-season strength of schedule is. Ole Miss doesn't play Alabama, Clemson or Texas and their only ranked road game is LSU. We're at Alabama, Oklahoma and Clemson.

Missouri's schedule is probably not in the Top 30....again.
I am going to try to respond again. I read your response while at Staples trying to get set up for a new computer, which is a pain in the neck, lower really.I will respond here on my phone, which is also a pain. I will go by memory.

I looked earlier at Ole Miss high school recruiting since Kiffin arrived. The average ranking was a tad under 25. He is evidently not making good use of whatever money Ole Miss gets. And I did not include his first years ranking after he got there late.It was in the 40s I recall. The bottom line on Kiffin is that he is a winner. As I recall, he has won 10 or more games in 5 different seasons at 3 different schools. His this year's Ole Miss team will probably finish in the Top 10. He did that before at S. Cal. Again, the bottom line is that he is a PROVEN winner at multiple schools. And he is projected to have a national Top 5 team next season. To compare Beamer to Kiffin is joke right now. I hope that changes. BTW, I recall looking at their next year's schedule. We are very comparable, except for Clemson.

And look at Drinkwirtz and Heuple. Again, as I recall they both now have won 10 or more games in a season at multiple schools. Heuple started at UT same time as Beamer here. As I recall, UT led the nation that off season when Heuple was hired losing more players than any other school in the nation. Heuple took over a gigantic mess. Nobody can can seriously disagree when I say that UT's program is a lot further ahead of us. Drinkwitz will probably have Missouri in the Top 10 in his 4th season there and are projected to be a playoff contender next season (Drinks 5th at Mizzou).
Both Heupel and Drinkwitz are proven winners, like Kiffin. They either have done or will have this year led their teams to national Top 10 finishes, just like Kiffin has.

Believe me when I say I want Beamer to win. But he has not proven anything yet. In his first season here we needed last second field goals to beat East Carolina and Vanderbilt. This season,his 3rd, we were very fortunate to come out of the Jax State game with a win. We could have very easily lost all 3. If we had, would Beamer still be here? Again, I want Beamer to win. But that does not diminish my respect for the jobs done by Kiffin, Drinkwitz and Heuple during their careers. Beamer has a lot to prove.

Lurker and me are the same person???????? LOL. You can't be serious..If we are, I feel sorry for him for looking like me. Frankly, I am a handsome dude. You don't know this but he and I have had disagreements on non-sports topics. Do we agree a lot on Carolina football? I think so. THAT makes us the same person? Trust me....Don't go there. I will be very gentle and diplomatic by saying that will make you look unwise, and just leave it at that.

I am going to try to respond again. I read your response while at Staples trying to get set up for a new computer, which is a pain in the neck, lower really.I will respond here on my phone, which is also a pain. I will go by memory.

I looked earlier at Ole Miss high school recruiting since Kiffin arrived. The average ranking was a tad under 25. He is evidently not making good use of whatever money Ole Miss gets. And I did not include his first years ranking after he got there late.It was in the 40s I recall. The bottom line on Kiffin is that he is a winner. As I recall, he has won 10 or more games in 5 different seasons at 3 different schools. His this year's Ole Miss team will probably finish in the Top 10. He did that before at S. Cal. Again, the bottom line is that he is a PROVEN winner at multiple schools. And he is projected to have a national Top 5 team next season. To compare Beamer to Kiffin is joke right now. I hope that changes. BTW, I recall looking at their next year's schedule. We are very comparable, except for Clemson.

And look at Drinkwirtz and Heuple. Again, as I recall they both now have won 10 or more games in a season at multiple schools. Heuple started at UT same time as Beamer here. As I recall, UT led the nation that off season when Heuple was hired losing more players than any other school in the nation. Heuple took over a gigantic mess. Nobody can can seriously disagree when I say that UT's program is a lot further ahead of us. Drinkwitz will probably have Missouri in the Top 10 in his 4th season there and are projected to be a playoff contender next season (Drinks 5th at Mizzou).
Both Heupel and Drinkwitz are proven winners, like Kiffin. They either have done or will have this year led their teams to national Top 10 finishes, just like Kiffin has.

Believe me when I say I want Beamer to win. But he has not proven anything yet. In his first season here we needed last second field goals to beat East Carolina and Vanderbilt. This season,his 3rd, we were very fortunate to come out of the Jax State game with a win. We could have very easily lost all 3. If we had, would Beamer still be here? Again, I want Beamer to win. But that does not diminish my respect for the jobs done by Kiffin, Drinkwitz and Heuple during their careers. Beamer has a lot to prove.

Lurker and me are the same person???????? LOL. You can't be serious..If we are, I feel sorry for him for looking like me. Frankly, I am a handsome dude. You don't know this but he and I have had disagreements on non-sports topics. Do we agree a lot on Carolina football? I think so. THAT makes us the same person? Trust me....Don't go there. I will be very gentle and diplomatic by saying that will make you look unwise, and just leave it at that.

Thanks for the post, Stock. I've stated many times prior that I thought Kiffin would have been a good fit for USC because he brings a brand and we need all the exposure we can get. Who knows if we would have had any shot of landing him.

With that said, Beamer is our coach and I don't think we should be trying to usher him out the door before the writing is on the wall. Again, he's got about just as many wins as Spurrier and Muschamp after 3 seasons and is dealt a hand which is far different from what they dealt with (NIL/Portal, etc.) He very well could get crushed in Season 4 and then the conversation begins to take on a different complexion.

Until that point, there's honestly no reason to be fawning over other team's coaches. I'm sure if you've been a Gamecock Fan for length, you know the greatest pasttime in USC football history is the discussion of the coach we should have hired.

Last edited:
Thanks for the post, Stock. I've stated many times prior that I thought Kiffin would have been a good fit for USC because he brings a brand and we need all the exposure we can get. Who knows if we would have had any shot of landing him.

With that said, Beamer is our coach and I don't think we should be trying to usher him out the door before the writing is on the wall. Again, he's got about just as many wins as Spurrier and Muschamp after 3 seasons and is dealt a hand which is far different from what they dealt with (NIL/Portal, etc.) He very well could get crushed in Season 4 and then the conversation begins to take a different complexion.

Until that point, there's honestly no reason to be fawning over other team's coaches. I'm sure if you've been a Gamecock Fan for length, you know the greatest pasttime in USC football history is the discussion of the coach we should have hired.
I've tried to be honest and accurate with all my posts. I'm on record many times saying:
1. Beamer, imho, overachieved in each of his first two seasons here;
2. Beamer will be and should be (though I know I've said differently in the heat of the moment) given as much chance as Muschamp was. meaning he will be going into the 2025 season as our Head Coach.

All that said, I am surprised that Beamer is sticking with all of his current staff. Not saying that because change for the sake of change is good. Saying that because of what I saw on the field in 2023. Even his strongest supporters I would think are also surprised.

Reactions: Ward Jr
I've tried to be honest and accurate with all my posts. I'm on record many times saying:
1. Beamer, imho, overachieved in each of his first two seasons here;
2. Beamer will be and should be (though I know I've said differently in the heat of the moment) given as much chance as Muschamp was. meaning he will be going into the 2025 season as our Head Coach.

All that said, I am surprised that Beamer is sticking with all of his current staff. Not saying that because change for the sake of change is good. Saying that because of what I saw on the field in 2023. Even his strongest supporters I would think are also surprised.

Live and Die by the sword I guess. When you're guaranteed $30 million on the front end of a contact, you're not necessarily worried about survival.

Beamer and his family could be perfectly content with doing 5 years in Columbia and moving on. That's the issue with these college football coaching contracts - it de-incentivizes success unless you come hard-wired that way (Saban, Smart).

Looks like Beamer has fired Hardesty, and rumors are there are more to come. (Rumors, fwiw)

Looks like Beamer has fired Hardesty, and rumors are there are more to come. (Rumors, fwiw)

Why wouldn't he do them all at once?

Why would he have Hardesty offer a kid just yesterday?

None of this sounds like Beamer knows what he's doing.

I sure hope the OL coach and S&C coach are the "more to come". And this may sound funny but, the Nutrition guy may need to go. The later 2 because of all the injuries we have had. Seems like injuries have been a big problem since Beamer arrived.

I've never thought about giving. Wouldn't even know how to do it. I've thought about the collectives and the system.

I'm a fan of unions.

I think players should get big rewards if people are willing to pay them. But they aren't employees. There is no union.

I'm a fan of our progressive taxation system. Players that benefit can certainly pay their share at the applicable rates given their income.
Not a college football fan!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT