ADVERTISEMENT

Stop Blaming Muschamp and Tanner

lambertnephew

Nov 23, 2019
Focus your criticism on all the old geezers sitting on the board of trustees who are holding our athletic teams back by hiring shitty athletic directors and approving terrible coaching contracts. We need new board members. That is where all of the blame should be focused. Also, give all board members seats in the upper deck and let wounded veterans sit in the plush, luxury suites and enjoy free food and drinks every game.
If it were up to me, board members would get nothing free.

Focus your criticism on all the old geezers sitting on the board of trustees who are holding our athletic teams back by hiring shitty athletic directors and approving terrible coaching contracts. We need new board members. That is where all of the blame should be focused. Also, give all board members seats in the upper deck and let wounded veterans sit in the plush, luxury suites and enjoy free food and drinks every game.

Agreed!

While the vets are seated in the plush luxury suites enjoying the best of food and drink, tell the veterans they are smarter than the average bear, better looking and more well connected than the average South Carolina graduate. Thank them all for their service, and also thank them for not approving any idiotic contracts which will result in the loss of double digit millions of dollars.

Money rolls in regardless of product on the field. This is college sports now, enjoy.

Your title undermines your argument. I believe Tanner and Muschamp deserve a little blame, they are apparently the s### athletic director and overpaid coach you mention. Just trying to help out.

Reactions: trekcock
Go smoke another joint you must be high. Tanner and Muschamp especially Tanner is totally to blame. The BOT has limited knowledge about football coaches and ADs they totally go with what they are told about each individual. Most of these folks have earned their positions although some have not. I know a BOT that was totality against Tanner being ad. He is also very aware that Muschamp has been a failure. After tomorrow we will see. Go on and vote for Bernie or Poco

Reactions: trekcock
Go smoke another joint you must be high. Tanner and Muschamp especially Tanner is totally to blame. The BOT has limited knowledge about football coaches and ADs they totally go with what they are told about each individual. Most of these folks have earned their positions although some have not. I know a BOT that was totality against Tanner being ad. He is also very aware that Muschamp has been a failure. After tomorrow we will see. Go on and vote for Bernie or Poco

I think that the OP was pointing out that the blame is mainly on BOT for hiring AD, and approving exorbitant buyouts. I would add, accepting noncompetitive, ridiculous situations, but that remains to be seen.

Reactions: Robhawk29
All I can tell you is that is a board member that isn't happy at all with the coaching and or playing so far. He does say let the season play out. That hot seat is smoking red right now

All I can tell you is that is a board member that isn't happy at all with the coaching and or playing so far. He does say let the season play out. That hot seat is smoking red right now
Sounds good to me. But it's going to take a lot more than one BOT member to force a change.

Today on 107.5, David Cloninger said he asked a BOT member (obviously a different one) that even if tomorrow was a 75-0 blowout and there was almost nothing but orange in Williams-Brice, would there be a coaching change. He said that BOT member simply said, "No."

So if there are more like that guy than the one you know, we will have another year of pathetic football to endure.

Reactions: Robhawk29
Today on 107.5, David Cloninger said he asked a BOT member (obviously a different one) that even if tomorrow was a 75-0 blowout and there was almost nothing but orange in Williams-Brice, would there be a coaching change. He said that BOT member simply said, "No."

USC, like many if not most universities, wastes money like it is going out of style. If the answer is no, then why is it no? Is BOT member a one syllable guy/gal?

Reactions: lambertnephew
Umm, the food and drinks in the “plush, luxury” suites isn’t exactly “free”.

Dumbass,
Who the hell do you think approved the hiring of these fools. You don’t think the board of trustees has any involvement in the hiring of an athletics director or a head football coach? This train wreck of an athletics program Needs a complete overhaul and that should start with all the rich, worthless, old white dudes sitting there fat asses at the board of trustee table.

Reactions: EZ Trackstar
Dumbass,
Who the hell do you think approved the hiring of these fools. You don’t think the board of trustees has any involvement in the hiring of an athletics director or a head football coach? This train wreck of an athletics program Needs a complete overhaul and that should start with all the rich, worthless, old white dudes sitting there fat asses at the board of trustee table.
How many of these”old fatass dudes” do you actually know??:eek::cool:

Dumbass,
That they are white has nothing to do with anything. Please don't go racial.

That they are white has nothing to do with anything. Please don't go racial.

I get your point and agree with it, but it's mostly just an expression in this case. I look at our board vs. that at Georgia or UNC and simply shake my head when I see the diversity of skills, careers, and backgrounds.

https://www.usg.edu/regents/members
https://www.northcarolina.edu/apps/bog/members.htm

More to the point, it's my impression (maybe incorrect) that Trustees / Regents at many other places actually care about making their universities better, something that ours don't.

Reactions: Goose cock
SC is the ultimate "good ole boy" state, and Columbia is the epicenter, so you are stuck with the board you got. If you question this, consider that the POTUS was able to call in a favor with our governor to have our current university president installed.

I cannot disagree.

I’m white, son. Shutup. A bunch of fat ass , white , rich people are on our board. They all need to go.

Four are up for reelection (including one of the biggest jackwagons, Egerton Burroughs), and all have opponents. Contrast that with the last 3 election cycles when all Trustees ran unopposed except for one. Unfortunately I don't expect anything to change because of the fundamental dysfunction that we have in this state. As we've talked about in other threads, the whole system needs to be overhauled, but I won't be holding my breath.

Reactions: lambertnephew
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT