ADVERTISEMENT

Stop the Fake Narrative about Napier/Chadwell

JamesRob

May 31, 2012
Propagandists for Beamer are making the argument that because Fuente and Herman aren’t succeeding, this means guys from non-power 5 jobs haven’t had success at the next level. They are trying to tell us that Chadwell and Napier won’t do anything at their next job.

This is a ludicrous argument, many lower level guys have done very well. Matt Campbell, Urban Meyer, Neal Brown are just a few that come to mind immediately. They were correctly rewarded for their outstanding work at smaller schools.

While there are few sure things in a coaching hire, Beamer is an unusually high risk candidate. I would not have hired him, we will regret passing on Chadwell and Napier.

Propagandists for Beamer are making the argument that because Fuente and Herman aren’t succeeding, this means guys from non-power 5 jobs haven’t had success at the next level. They are trying to tell us that Chadwell and Napier won’t do anything at their next job.

This is a ludicrous argument, many lower level guys have done very well. Matt Campbell, Urban Meyer, Neal Brown are just a few that come to mind immediately. They were correctly rewarded for their outstanding work at smaller schools.

While there are few sure things in a coaching hire, Beamer is an unusually high risk candidate. I would not have hired him, we will regret passing on Chadwell and Napier.

It is interesting to watch people do mental gymnastics to try and make their case. Logic is just not applicable with them.

It is one thing to say that a guy that has never been a apart of a P5 program may not have a full grasp of the magnitude of the operation, and i can see that as a concern for Chadwell. However, people who have success, especially repeated success at multiple places typically do so b/c they can adapt, learn quickly and make good decisions. They can quickly ascertain the landscape and get everyone on board headed in the same direction.

The real fruitcakes are the one that Claim Napier hasn't really done anything to justify being considered a better candidate than Beamer. Hey, maybe he didn't want to be here, but that wasn't the vibe i got. I think they didn't want to pay him. Regardless of the outcome, Napier was far and away a better candidate than Beamer, and it really isn't even close.

The guy can recruit, has been an OC at two different places, HC. The only place he didn't have success was at Clemson and there is plenty to debate about how much that was him vs. Dabo. They both were young and i don't think either one knew what it would take to be totally successful in their roles.

Dabo was quoted as saying the team just needed an oil change when he took over as interim and then full time HC. Well it needed far more than that and he learned it was going to be a tougher road. Culture isn't easy to change, it takes time and persistence.

It is what it is the die has been cast. Now we wait and see.

We passed on two guys that definitely check a lot of boxes, and have proven that. We passed on those two guys (in particular) for a guy who has never had boxes beside his name. It's a crapshoot for sure....this pick. God I hope he is the best coach in D1 College football history....but......

This is pretty simple. There is no actual reason to believe Chadwell was ever a serious candidate in the eyes of the folks that made the decision. Between Napier and Beamer....i just don't see much difference in background and experience. Is Napier the next Fuentes? No one obviously knows. Is Coach Beamer the next Dabo (I just threw up in my mouth a little)? No one obviously knows.

There are clearly a lot of folks that include USC admins, successful former players and tons in the college football community at large that think Coach Beamer can be successful at Carolina. Our fans say all the time we are the best in the nation. Lets prove it again and get behind the man and the program.

GO COCKS!!

Those who are trying to run down Napier and Chadwell come off as insecure about the Beamer hire. They are saying, "Yes, but......". Napier and Chadwell, in my opinion, will be big-time winners at the P5 level five years from now. We HOPE that Beamer will be. The honest truth is we have some data to make that conclusion on Napier and Chadwell. All we have on Beamer is "we want to believe".

Ladies- let's move on from the bitching and moaning. It has no positive purpose. Let's get behind Beamer.

If we are 4 years down the road and Beamer is only winning a handful of games and the other two candidates are killing it, you can say "I told you so".

This is a fake narrative.

You can throw out all but one year of Chadwell's coaching record. Charleston Southern, Delta State and North Greenville are completely irrelevant. That leaves Coastal where he's on his 3rd season.

Napier is also is in his 3rd season.

I get that each of these guys has more head coach experience than Beamer's 0 years, but both of their head coaching resumes are very young and unreliable. You can't tell anything from their 3 seasons. If one of them had just an overwhelming 3 year record, that might be a different story. But neither does.

Last edited:
Ladies- let's move on from the bitching and moaning. It has no positive purpose. Let's get behind Beamer.

If we are 4 years down the road and Beamer is only winning a handful of games and the other two candidates are killing it, you can say "I told you so".

Cause that is the consolation prize, right? That is what everyone really wants to do is say "I told you so" and be right. Actually most want the Admin and Ray in particular to stop making bone headed decisions. They want a winner and there is no confidence this is the best decision that could have been made.

Critical analysis of this process is worthwhile. USC suffers from systemic problems, that’s how you end up with a single conference championship in over 100 years of football.

Ray Tanner and Bob Caslen are on the hook for this hire, accountability starts with them. This decision is part of a much larger data sample (especially for Tanner) that demands review.

Napier and Chadwell are not equivalent. Napier is a much better candidate.

I’ve been a Napier guy since Freeze was frozen out, but Chadwell’s career will be highly relevant for USC fans to monitor. The Tanner stooges on this site and TOS tried to sell us that Muschamp was the best scrap left on the table for Ray. That’s garbage and so is saying Beamer was the best choice this time.

Critical analysis of this process is worthwhile. USC suffers from systemic problems, that’s how you end up with a single conference championship in over 100 years of football.

Ray Tanner and Bob Caslen are on the hook for this hire, accountability starts with them. This decision is part of a much larger data sample (especially for Tanner) that demands review.
Why is it worthwhile?

I’ve been a Napier guy since Freeze was frozen out, but Chadwell’s career will be highly relevant for USC fans to monitor. The Tanner stooges on this site and TOS tried to sell us that Muschamp was the best scrap left on the table for Ray. That’s garbage and so is saying Beamer was the best choice this time.

It will be interesting to see what all these guys do.

This was a very different process than the last time. Tanner didn’t understand the game and what Smart and Herman were doing. This time, he and Caslen went after Campbell and Beamer. They had their 1a and 1b long before Muschamp was fired. Which is great news, no matter the outcome— at least they made a strategic decision and weren’t in panic mode. Yes, they picked Beamer over Napier, Chadwell, and Satterfield who all wanted the job. Which is much different than being left with Muschamp. It might turn out to be a terrible decision, but we should take some comfort that it was purposeful and the result is one of their primary desired outcomes.

There will be posts bashing Caldwell and Napier both on FGF and TIF. I find these posts to be downright stupid. Both Caldwell and Napier are better coaches than Beamer and have HC experience.

Why we go with Beamer is a big economic issue - cheap, no buyout etc. This is because of Ray’s incompetence.

That won't happen, because most of the people who were for Chadwell/Napier, were all in on Herman/Fuente 5 years ago. All I can say is, it's a damn good thing those folks don't make the decisions. They're about

No one said Napier and Chadwell won't succeed because of Fuente and Herman. We're saying that every coach is a roll of the dice. Herman and Fuente were considered by many, coaches and talking heads, to be "homerun" hires. Harbaugh was said by many to be a "homerun" hire. Chip Kelly out at UCLA was thought by many to be a "homerun" hire. We're saying that this is no homerun hire, outside of Saban or Urban. So for every homer who said Beamer is a homerun hire, or that we missed out on homerun hires in Napier and Chadwell, we're just saying calm down and see what Shane does. Plenty of homerun hires did not work out.

That won't happen, because most of the people who were for Chadwell/Napier, were all in on Herman/Fuente 5 years ago. All I can say is, it's a damn good thing those folks don't make the decisions. They're about
If "those folks" had their way we would have never hired Muschamp, and watch him leave with millions and millions and millions of dollars.

Matt Campbell was hired away from Toledo within DAYS of Chump coming to USC. That’s called a defining moment.

You are setting up a false narrative, plenty of fish in the sea, Iowa St nailed it. Ray Ray pissed himself.

More a lot more g5 coaches fail than succeed, how is that a false narrative?

So I should be convinced Napier is this great candidate cause a guy on a message board said he was?? Don't see premier schools lining up to hire him right now. He may work or may crap out like so many other Group 5 coaches who get called up to the Big Leagues.

Shane has paid his dues, knows and loves the programs, and can recruit. I'm on board!!

From everything I’ve heard, Chadwell wasn’t high on Ray’s list and I’m not sure why. So he is the one we really passed on. Not sure Napier was a real option for us believe it or not. Ray would have had to try harder to sell him and didn’t do the job. I do believe Ray was infatuated with Beamer from the get go. As Spurrier would say, it is what it is.

From everything I’ve heard, Chadwell wasn’t high on Ray’s list and I’m not sure why. So he is the one we really passed on. Not sure Napier was a real option for us believe it or not. Ray would have had to try harder to sell him and didn’t do the job. I do believe Ray was infatuated with Beamer from the get go. As Spurrier would say, it is what it is.

That same Steve Spurrier recommended him for the job. So maybe it's more than Ray who saw a lot in Beamer.

We will probably play against teams coaches by Napier and Chadwell in the next few years. They very well may be whipping our ass. Like i said, might as well have hired spurrier jr.

We will probably play against teams coaches by Napier and Chadwell in the next few years. They very well may be whipping our ass. Like i said, might as well have hired spurrier jr.
Go pull for someone else then. Your and many others, are just making yourselves look foolish. Beamer hasn't coached a game for us, and you're playing chicken little. The sky is falling! The sky is falling! GTFOH! 🙄

Reactions: cock enforcer
So I should be convinced Napier is this great candidate cause a guy on a message board said he was?? Don't see premier schools lining up to hire him right now. He may work or may crap out like so many other Group 5 coaches who get called up to the Big Leagues.

Shane has paid his dues, knows and loves the programs, and can recruit. I'm on board!!
Can you name the schools that were lining up to hire Beamer?

*takes notes*
erasmus-writing.jpg

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT