ADVERTISEMENT

Story of the Auburn game: a "home job" by the refs

Jan 8, 2008
We hold them to 19-52 from the floor but the refs send them to the line 33 times, and they hit 26 of them.

Bruce Pearl is 10 feet out on the court attacking the ref and only gets a Bench Warning?

I learned from Frank McGuire how it goes: and this was a crass example of what he called a "home job".

I hope our guys keep their heads up anyway.

The canonization of Pearl appeared to have been the purpose of the game telecast. I have never heard so much gushing over a coach by the announcers in my life. It was hard to listen to them, especially since pearl is NOT a saint.

not one mention that he was thrown out of college sports for cheating (and telling lies about it)--what, about 5 years ago?

This just in: We foul everybody. Not a ref, that's a we problem. If the refs were in the tank for Pearl, Auburn's recored would be a heck of a lot better.

Yeah, yeah, yeah..... lose the game, blame the refs...that's what losers always do

Anybody see our guy make a 3 from the left wing and the Auburn defender knock him to the floor? I guess the announcers would say good no call.

"If the refs were in the tank for Pearl, Auburn's record would be a heck of a lot better"

Actually, Auburn's home record is 9-1. Can't get much better than that.

If WE could have made free throws, we would have won that game.........awful from the line at the front end of one and ones was the difference

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT